“Very Tasty, if you can tolerate the poor service”

White Dog Black Cat Cafe
Ranked #7 of 490 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My sister and I had lunch here (for the first time) on a Saturday. We arrived at noon, and there were two other small tables of diners. Our waitress gave us menus and drinks but did not come back to take our order for at least 20 minutes. We then waited so long for our food that we asked to pay for it ahead of time, since we had to leave at 1pm. After she put the food on the table, our waitress never came back, except when I called her over to ask for extra tortillas, since my fish taco's bottom fell out upon my first bite. Rather than offering to take it back to the kitchen for reinforcements, she brought me the extra tortillas, and I put the mess back together myself. Since she never came back, I couldn't tell her about my raw potato chips, but the ones that were cooked were really terrific. All of that aside, my fish tacos and my sister's sandwich were really delicious, the atmosphere is fun, and the price wasn't bad. If you can trust that other waitresses there are better than the one we had, I'd say go for it!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is not your normal restaurant especially in Wisconsin. The food is excellent and prices reasonable. The menu is also a little different in a good way. This is in an older building and the décor is basic yet comfortable. This is a place you can relax while enjoying some very good food and drink.

1  Thank Skibby1
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This place has been open 7 years & today was my first time here...won't be my last time! Great service & food! Cozy atmosphere...sorry I didn't find it long before now!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

After the Donald Drive retirement we needed lunch so we of course turned to TA to help us decide. The reviews were top-notch, it looked fun, eclectic, with an interesting menu so we gave it a try. Well, I wish we had enjoyed it more. The place was only about 40% full, so we expected quick service. When the host brought our silverware 10 minutes after being seated, we asked for water for the three of us, but there was a long wait. You know that awkward feeling when you had recommended a restaurant but you're starting to wonder if it's a big mistake and should you just leave? We've only done that two other times, but this wasn't looking good.

It took over 10 more minutes before the waitress came around , then five more minutes for our water. However, once we placed our order, the food came in less than 10 minutes. The waitress was also very friendly (tip to waitresses, it REALLY helps to change the atmosphere when you do that.)

The lunch menu had some nice additions to the typical list, the decorative touches and fireplaces in the old setting were neat so it was fun to eat there. But the food was, well just fine. My Shaved Steak Sandwich was tasty enough, but missed the mark a bit. The onions weren't caramelized, they were just fried, the shaved meat was over-cooked and dried in some sections. However, the fresh mushrooms were very flavorful as was the gooey provolone cheese. Our 2nd diner who had the basic White Dog Burger was pleased with his sandwich. The 3rd diner had the Smokey Dog Burger. Despite having bacon, onion rings, cheese and barbecue sauce, he felt it was rather dry (and he's pretty easy to please.) These were all served with home-made potato chips. Again, I've had better. I prefer them to be thinner and a bit saltier. The restaurant was out of iced-tea which is unusual. It's become a common drink, even in winter in Wisconsin but they have a nice wine and beer list along with Baumeister soda.

For dessert, the Chocolate Cup Cakes were very good. They were a dense, rich cupcake (with the paper removed, yes!) with tiny chunks of chocolate through-out and on top of the fudge frosting. They were served on plates decorated with cherry and chocolate drizzles, a nice, tasty touch.

Would I come back, maybe.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am amazed every time I go to BCWD Cafe, amazed by the great service, creative food and the free rewards program. The servers, especially Josh and Shelly remember you from visit to visit, very welcoming. My husband enjoys the daily specials, they are usually beef; though they have offered lobster mac& cheese recently. Even though they don't have beer on tap, they have a nice bottle selection, plus some ciders. The cafe has a fun-funky feel! If you have not been, go!