Review of Oneida Casino

Oneida Casino
Ranked #26 of 66 things to do in Green Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gambling center features 2,800 slot and video machines plus blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was @ Oneida for several hours every day 9/12-17 attending the Rockin' E Jamboree which was fabulous and a super good deal at $40 for a 5 day ticket for quality entertainment 4pm-12am. During this time there were 3-4 days that there were problems with their computer system and ability to use the fun card and slot machine vouchers.One self serve soda machine was out of order on two different days. I won't judge a casino on whether I win or lose, but it did have a good variety of machines with plenty in all demonations. The staff was hospitable and helpful. Parking garage has construction going on so all aisles were two way which was confusing to some. Standing Stone buffet was very inconsistent in food quality, some items were very good, others were simply awful. This was true all 3 times I ate there and will not eat there again. The noodle bar was much better and consistent, even the Indian taco at the bingo hall was better than the buffet. Ladies rooms were kept clean and stocked.

2  Thank sallyann73
in 26 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 18 reviews

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I like Casinos and go there hoping to get at least an hour's play for thirty bucks. I lost $60.00 in 30 minutes. The machines were "down" so I was unable to move from one machine to the next using the printed voucher (one of my favorite strategies) and was told to get on the cashier's line (20 people deep) to cash out my voucher to get back my cash or put more cash in the machine in order to play. The redemption machines were not working either.
The Casino reeked of smoke and I left there feeling sick to my stomache. I have visited and played in Vegas, Yonkers, Altlantic City, and even the many cheesey casinos in the Dominican Republic. This was my worst Casino experience ever, I was better off playing on Hewlet Packard's free slot games.

4  Thank Sheriffa B
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Live music is great, but when it's free that's even better! Sunday, Monday, and Tuesdays the free music lounge inside the casino offers cowboy, rockabilly, country swing, and some rock--and even some bigger household-name acts, like Nelson and Herman's Hermits. Must-sees are Nick Willett, Stone River Boys, and Big Sandy and Fly-Rite Boys, to name a few. The venue is not meant to be a concert venue, so the seating is not theater-style but there is a couple of dance floors sprinkled in the venue area. There is a bar the entire semi-circle of the stage and some poker/keno machines--a distraction, but it is a casino, after all. The casino still allows smoking, but the ventilation is pretty good. No photos are allowed to be taken during the shows (because its considered in the casino), but many acts still do the meet and greet and do photos outside the casino threshold...Even if you dont like gambling and don't drink alcohol, you can still have a great time, except, no people under 21 allowed in the casino area...It is a great place to get away during the early part of the week and listen to good music!

3  Thank MeMeDaVinci
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This place is a waste of time. Everytime that my friends and I have gone we go in a big group, scatter around to play and all of us usually lose. We usually go to Milwaukee or to Menominee instead. There system is down a lot and causes a lot of frustration for many patrons because they don't have enough staff to fix the glitches. This one time I had to stand around and wait for assistance for about 20 mins! They have HORRIBLE PAYOUT compared to other casinos I've been to. They will always make up the excuse that 'by WI law, they are required to payout 90% of what goes into the machines...." the catch is that they are in control of what the odds of winning are, so although someONE may win big, the rest will lose big time....and there's no way to tell over WHAT PERIOD OF TIME IS THAT 90% payout good for? people there tell me before that they think of that place as an adult's Chuckie Cheese, you go to watch the machines spin and light up.... but don't count on winning. The last bonus I ever ever ever got from this place was worth 28 dollars--and this was on a $1.50 bet! This place is a joke. HORRIBLE PAYOUT.

7  Thank Travllr_11