“Delish!”

The Black &Tan Grille
Ranked #56 of 465 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin
“Delish!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything was wonderful. Definitely a place for us to go as a treat as it's a little pricey for us. We had crab cakes for an app, which were tasty with the spicy aioli and were also a decent size. Then we had a salad and bread service. My favorite was the olive bread, yum. My husband and I both had the 8 oz black and tan steak, which was cooked to perfection and very good. We left stuffed! Also, the summery cocktails were amazing. I had a pear cocktail and the x-rated lemonade. We can't wait to go back! Our server, Jason, was very attentive and knowledgeable also.

• Visited July 2013

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Special restaurant for a special event”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We decided to go to the Black and Tan for our anniversary. We called ahead and made a reservation- which they accepted which is always nice when there is only two people. We had a window seat so had a nice view of Washington street and the Fox River. The food was wonderful- we both had the Rib Eye steak and it was done to perfection. The bread service is always good- fresh and still warm. The dining was leisurely -- which was fine since we were in no rush to go anywhere. We had a bottle of wine with our dinner which added to the meal. Our waitress was wonderful, She asked if we were celebrating any sort of event and we toldher it was our anniversary. She congratulated us andoffered us a complimentary sessert which she boxed up for us. It was a very good meal and a wonderful evening.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank suemay07
De Pere, Wisconsin
“One good, one not quite”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice place. Bar area has nice views, wait staff was good. Great martini choices, though we had the Black and Tan. Dining room is upstairs, and also provided a nice view of downtown. Wait staff was good, also. Lots of great choices on the Spring Menu. My wife ordered the Grilled Rib Eye, I ordered the Manhattan and Scallops. Her rib eye was very, very good. My dish was supposed to be a NY strip and scallops. Scallops were excellent - perfectly done. My steak was cut into small "quarters", I think to make it look like there was some amount of meat included - it was a small portion. The steak was also rather tasteless. I tried a taste of my wife's rib eye - and there was no comparison. Other than that, it was a nice dining experience. We will go back, but I will not order any kind of "surf and turf" as it seems they held back the portions (the 3 scallops and very small steak was more expensive than my wife's rib eye). It was our anniversary, so our desert was no charge - and the pecan pie was very, very good.

• Visited May 2013
Naples, Maine
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great food, great service! despite being a meat restaurant, the salmon was superb - well matched with wine. Bread was fresh and a treat with several home made options. side dishes offered were varied with zesty options! My waiter was the most professional and helpful - He made the visit extra enjoyable with recommendations and appropriate attention!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank localfoodie_12
“Do not miss the chance to dine here!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic. Upscale, refined and did I say, fantastic. Manhattan strip is perfection. Prawns perfectly done. Bread course, great.

1 Thank TRP21