“Astonished after reading other reviews!”
Review of Motel 6 Green Bay

Motel 6 Green Bay
Ranked #37 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed July 24, 2014

No breakfast or in-room coffee - we were told this was because they had an agreement with the city so that their guests would patronize eating establishments in the area!?!? No refrigerator. No microwave. No clock. No shampoo. No "Do Not Disturb" sign. Bathroom had been remodeled nicely but fan is LOUD!! TINY room - one full-size bed tight against a wall, the other pushed tightly against the AC/heat unit. Had to try to move the bed to loosen bedcovers to get into bed then crawl in and out the foot of the bed. 22 inches between beds! LARGE open area with clothes hanging rack and luggage rack. Would be OK for one person or a couple who sleep in separate beds. Our room was between in the middle of one building at the end of another. Parking was quite a distance from the room. We were told that no room with parking in front was available but we would be notified if one became available. The second evening we spoke with newly checked in guests who had parking right at their doors!
As a result of this experience we are not sure that we want to try and other Motel 6!

Room Tip: If you want parking outside your room, pls request that capability
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Zhgma

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here on April 9th. Are stay was horrible. The front desk staff was really friendly but that was the only good thing. It was so loud and we couldn't get any sleep at all. I felt really unsafe. There was a big gap underneath our door where there was tones of ants coming into the room and they was all over our bed. We also had a lot of spiders in our bathroom. When I called down to the from desk to tell them about the noise and ants they told me they will take care of it and never did. The rooms had a bad odor and the sheets was stained. The dresser was broken and nailed shut. Plus we had to pay $2.99 WiFi which half the time it didn't work or was really slow. Plus the cops are there a lot. Plus they need to update on stuff. I don't recommend anyone to stay here. Not worth how much you pay for the room.

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Title states it all because of Value basically. Cheapest rooms in town. Yes, the drawback is that you might get the occasional undesirable person. (hookers, drug dealers, ect.) but if you are just looking for a place to sleep and are just minding your own business, it is all fine. I have had no problems with this hoitel at all. Would stay here again when I need to.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Was in Green Bay for a Celtic Woman concert this weekend. I should have just paid more money for a nicer/better hotel. The front desk staff was really nice and very helpful. It was just pretty much everything else... My room stunk.. I thought it was just the bathroom, but it was the whole room. The wifi was really slow, and not worth the $2.99/night. Especially since I wasn't there that long. The thing that really made me never want to come back to to this hotel though was that my door didn't lock. I didn't have time to go ask for a new room, because my bus from St. Paul was already way behind schedule, so I barely had time to get ready for the concert. When I got back from the concert, I locked the deadbolt and put a chair behind the door, so it would stop swinging open.. But a few hours after I got back, and my friend had left, someone tried to open the door with so much force, I'm honestly surprised they didn't break the deadbolt. The chair got knocked over and he kept peering in from the part of the door that was open. I've had a bad experience with an attempted break in back home in Minnesota, which I was just getting over, and now this happens?! Also, there were people shouting and pounding along on the decks outside the rooms, who were obviously drunk. I didn't get any sleep at all.. other than maybe a few hours. I ended up staying up all night online, because I was scared out of my mind that if I fell asleep they would come back and try to break down my door. Thank god I was able to sleep on the bus on my way back to St. Paul. This was all I could afford for a hotel for this trip, so I wasn't expecting it to be all that great, but everyone deserves to feel safe.. especially when they want to get out of town for a short break and to see their favorite musical group. Next time, I will happily spend more money for a hotel where I can actually feel safe.... Thank you for traumatizing me even more about break ins... Thank god the concert was incredible and this group means so much to me... otherwise I would be super upset that I wasted all that money on a bus ticket for nothing. I will never ever come back to this hotel. Ever.

Room Tip: Choose one that has a working lock.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CelticWomanfan
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there this past weekend on Friday night Jan 17 , 2014. We checked in late Fri night for a funeral Saturday, but Amelia the front desk gal said on the phone it was perfectly fine. She said all we would have to do is pick up our keys at the desk cause we'll be checked in already! FRIENDLIEST gal and very professional. Not only that, they had a gentleman doing security at night and he walked around the motel's premise to make sure everything was safe and sound. That impressed me. It made me feel quite safe and showed me that the motel does care for its patrons and wants everyone there safe. First time I've seen that ANYWHERE and I've stayed at many hotels and motels. I've never seen that anywhere else but here.

Moving onto the rooms. We got in and it was nice and warm. They had turned on the heat for us and it was bit a cold putside so that was much appreciated. We stayed in room 115 and I wasn't aware that it was connected via a locked door to 116 inside. Of course that room was occupied so, I could only trust that the other guests were decent people and wouldn't do anything or try anything to attempt to open the conjoining door. I'm sure they were thinking the same about us. The beds seemed a bit older and overall the motel was a outdated, but cozy and comfortable. The sheets were clean and I almost wanted to steal the pillows because they were so nice and much better than my own back home. The TV was an old school 21" (maybe) tube tv locked and mounted on a base ontop of the dresser. Pretty basic but it served its purpose and works fine. Everything was pretty clean. The bathroom was clean and as aged sinks are there were dinks in it but didn't leak so it was good. The shower was pretty neat and the curtains were heavy duty so I knew we wouldn't have to worry about splashing water outside the shower. Towels were clean and soap was provided. Good overall. Got a nice hot shower the next day and I have nothing to complain about.

If you a light sleeper, not the place for you. We could hear people upstairs and next door. I think someone was plowing so we could hear the plow going around the lot and possibly next door. I didn't bother because I was too tired.

I paid $51 and checkout was a breeze. I was in and out in less than 2 mins for checkout. Overall I am satisfied with my stay and would go back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Foua V
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I posted previously but it didn't work I think. Anyway, I don't usually write these reviews, but I cannot let the excellent service I received go without praise. I used to work the front desk at a hotel (a little more expensive of a hotel for sure) so I know the pain of dealing with rude customers. When I walked in the lobby, the front desk associate (Caitlin) was finishing up with an extremely rude person. I would have definitely shown some stress if I was her but she was so polite and calm I almost didn't know how to accept it. I would have stepped in but her calm demeanor and professional yet down to earth attitude began to sink into the guest. ASTONISHING. as I said, I didn't work at a motel 6, she probably deals with tougher situations than I did. Regardless, when it was my turn she promptly noticed my "High-n-tight" haircut and asked if I was military. I said yes and she thanked me for my service. After I paid for a room, I asked if they had a military discount because I had forgotten to ask. She had already put it in for me seeing my military ID earlier. She gave me the information I needed for my stay as one should, yet was so friendly. She asked me questions about my military job and where I've been overseas as if she was truly interested. My closest friends don't even care about such details. I walked away feeling respected and taken care of as both a customer and a human being. Simply put, she in an irreplaceable asset to that motel, an utmost professional representative of the motel 6 brand and an invaluable mascot of what the customer service experience is supposed to be. Thank you, Caitlin. Readers: hotel is to be expected. It's cheap. But this front desk staff member and (I won't leave the others out) her coworkers including housekeeping were outstandingly pleasant. If u catch them on their off day, it happens..we are human. But I definitely was there when staff was on top of their game!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank dorianstrider
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We was suppose to stay her for two nights. After wee walked in the room I could see why it was so cheap. Our door would not shut and lock right. Our room connected with the room next to us and that door would not lock either, so it was easy for the person next to us to walk in our room. The blankets and sheets was dirty and had burn holes all over them, it was really loud, and the shower was really gross. I will never stay there again. I felt really unsafe. The only good part was the staff. They was very friendly. And the beds are very small and very hard.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Connie A - We thank you for recognizing our friendly staff; however, we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had during your recent stay. The room conditions and cleanliness you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.