“Wingate = Easy Access to Airport, Nice Large Rooms Great Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Kent, Washington
“Wingate = Easy Access to Airport, Nice Large Rooms Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2006

I had an early morning business flight to catch, so I booked a room at Wingate and arrived Sunday evening. Wingate had a comlimentary appetizer and wine hour, the room was huge and the price was LESS than the other Green Bay hotels further away. The hotel looks and smells practically NEW. Here is something you don't get at most hotels these days, FREE INTERNET ACCESS!

They have an awesome little excercise room, lap pool and jacuzzi to unwind. The desk clerk was very polite and enjoyable to talk with, a refreshing change from some of the rude service other hotels offer. They even have free juices and breakfast (inc. fresh waffles) in the morning...

I plan on staying at this Wingate again, next time I have a early departure or late arrival. Just isn't worth driving an hour+ when you are tired or trying to catch a flight. Wingate is an awesome, luxurious alternative!

• Liked — Service was awesome, price was reasonable and facilities were clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Excercise room could be a little bigger and have greater variety of newer equipment
  • Tips/Secrets — Watch for deals and plan ahead! There are always web specials, My Sun PM stay was <$100!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank NomadicPixie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2006

I have to travel a lot for work and have stayed in every hotel in Green Bay twice over. This is the ONLY hotel I would give a 5 star rating to. The staff is excellent, pleasant and accomodating, the rooms are the cleanest I have ever seen, and the food is the best hotel food I have ever had. I recomend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here!
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Maxamillion777
woodbury, mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

My room was very clean and I am pretty picky about cleanliness. The only thing I thought that could have been done better was wipe the door frame down around the inside of the bathroom because there were a few spots on it from somebody spilling coffee or something (I told you I was picky and I notice that alot at other good hotels as well). The beds were comfy and my family and I had no problems during the night. We all slept well. The room was quiet and I did not hear any airplanes even though you are right next to the airport. To be fair I did have the air conditioner on because I like white noise. We enjoyed the little happy hour they offered with wine, beer and snacks (Chex Mix, pretzels). The breakfast was good and included some hot items beyond waffles such as eggs and sausage. The exercise room was decent and similar to most exercise rooms that I've been to. Had a large hot tub which functioned as a mini swimming pool for my daughter.

• Liked — comfortable and clean
  • Disliked — not a great view unless you are an airplane watcher
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank metoo
Green Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

I'm a business traveler who frequently travels to Green Bay to meet with clients. A co-worker recommended the Wingate. Everything seemed to be going well until I woke up at 2am and discovered about 20 or more little black bugs crawling everywhere! I didn't even know what to do. I went down to the front desk because no one was answering the phone and the worker was no where to be found while I was waiting in my pajamas at the front desk. The night clerk finally showed up 20 minutes later smelling of smoke and was rude to me. The clerk denied that the room could have bugs and refused to move me. So I ended up sleeping in my vehicle for the night. I would highly encourage you to avoid this hotel, as they had poor service and a disgusting room.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank jon920
WingateGM, Owner/General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2006
It is unfortunate that these "reviews" aren't verified before posting. This is completely untrue and never happened. We are unsure why or who wrote this, but we can assure you that this person did not stay at our hotel or experience such issues here. Our hotel is ranked one of the top hotels in Green Bay and in the Wingate system. This would not happen if we had dirty rooms or poor service. The person working the front desk on the night this person claimed to stay doesn't even smoke, so that should be a big indicator of truth to this review. Our hotel is rated #1 for cleanliness and customer service and it's sad that someone would try to tarnish our impeccable reputation by such untruths.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2006

I travel to green bay often for business and now always stay at the wingate inn next to the airport. staff has always been great, rooms in good shape, decent exercise room, great breakfast and a mangers reception with beer, wine and snacks from 5 - 7...casino along with bars and restaurants are across the street...other restaurants reached only by driving if you arrive without a car..great value for my money

3 Thank herminator
Rapid River, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2006

Had to stay here when flight was cancelled. Very clean, quiet, and spacious rooms. Free Internet, both wired and wireless.

Free hot breakfast also.

1 Thank HIawathgary
Houghton, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2005

The Wingate Inn in Green Bay near the airport is the best place to stay...the staff was so friendly and helpful, everyone was always smiling, and the room was very clean. They have a hotel shuttle that even took us out to the Olive Garden and picked us up after we were finished with our dinner. What great service! Their breakfast is yummy. I would recommend the Wingate to anyone...it rates very high in my book!

• Stayed December 2005