“Don't like dogs in motels”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Grinnell
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Everything about our stay was good, with the exception of the quietness of the room. Our room was right next to the lobby and it was VERY noisey. I recommend using that particular room(#120 in DePere, WI) for something other than housing guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Melody A, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are grateful you chose to stay with us here at Microtel Inn and Suites – Green Bay! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. For your next reservation, please inform the front desk you would like to be away from the lobby and we can defiantly put you in a quieter part of the hotel! We look forward to your next visit!
EAU CLAIRE
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was in Green Bay for a Packer's game, and the hotels were all full. I managed to get a room here, when rooms were scarce. It was not the finest hotel I have ever stayed at, but I knew that when I booked it. The hotel and room were quite nice for the price, and I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Melody A, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Patricia –
I’m so glad you found a hotel room with us on a Packer Weekend! We have more renovations planned starting after this Packer season. We hope to see you back!
Oxford, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I posted a review for this hotel back in June of 2012. Our stay in June was absolutely horrible, as a result the hotel gave us 2 certificates that were good for one night each. We decided to use them in Dec. so in August we called to reserve our rooms. When we called to reserve the rooms we DID mention that we had vouchers from the hotel chain to use. We got there around 4:30 Saturday afternoon and started to check in when the receptionist told us that our credit card would be charged $440.00 plus tax for the 2 rooms. I said that we had the vouchers for 2 free rooms and that we shouldn't be charged anything. She informed us that the vouchers say on them "not valid during special events" and that because there was a home Packer game the next day our vouchers were not usable. The receptionist told us that we should have said that we were going to use the vouchers when we made the reservation, that way they would have told us then that the vouchers were not valid for the date we wanted to use them. At this point the manager came out to talk to me, she said that she would give us a deal and let us take both rooms for half price and that was the best she could do for us. I told her that I was not going to pay anything for the rooms and that I wanted to cancel our reservation. She informed me that we would still be charged for the rooms because we didn't cancel early enough. I told her that we did infact mention the vouchers when we called to make the reservation so they should honor the vouchers. She said that the hotel is now under new managment and when we called to make the reservation it was the old managment at that time so she couldn't honor them. After going around and around for over 30 min she finally agreed to cancel our reservation with out charging us for it. I was so mad that she gave us the run around for 30 min. If she would have just told me from the beginning that we could cancel the rooms and not be charged for them I would have been less upset. If you are looking to stay in the Green Bay area I would stay any where but this hell hole! It is a waste of money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel P
Rachael –
I’m sorry that the lack of communication between both parties at the time of making this reservation caused this unfortunate mishap. If it was not for the Packers playing at Lambeau that weekend, you and your friends surely would have had no issues using the gift certificates, and would have also gotten to see our renovations that have since been completed your last stay. We have more renovations in the works, so please reconsider using the gift certificates the next time you are coming to Green Bay.