“Not a great night stay!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not a great night stay!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was a pretty big disappointment for the money! The beds were very hard, front desk wasn't really friendly, and the female clerk said something that was just not appropriate to a guest, in the evening when we checked in. BTW, that guest was me, as I walked in the door, asking if I was lost, are you kidding me? Breakfast, what breakfast? It was definitely continental at the most minimal degree with no place to sit down. The room was clean, but showed a little age, nothing that would be an issue, if the rest of these items were corrected. However, we didn't sleep well, the beds were just to hard and I have a pretty large tolerance for variation on beds being hard or soft, but my other travel companions had the same complaint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I would like to start by saying most of the front desk staff at this hotel are great! My kids and I checked in on a Friday, and had a very bad first night. Very noisy guests around us, and one who tried to get into our room from an adjoining room. I went to the front desk to request a room change. The only room similar was only two doors down from the room we were already in. The lady at the desk, I think it was Stephanie, moved me to a suite. The rest of the stay was quiet and pleasant.
That being said, there are a few things that need improving. The hotel says it is secure, but we came in every day/night from the side door that did not have a lock or any security measures. The room was cleaned, but we were never given more shampoo or toilet paper. When we got into the room the roll was almost empty, and it was never replaced. I had to go down to the front desk to ask for more. We also had a coffee maker in our room, but no cups. The curtains did not fully close, which let in a lot of light in the morning. No sleeping in. The hotel pool did not have towels at first, and when they were brought in, there were only 10, maybe. They went very fast. The view from our room was of an empty concrete lot. (It used to be a Menards and I'm thinking that was the lumber portion of the business) Not great to look at, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room.
Overall, this wasn't a bad hotel. The front desk staff was great. Housekeeping not so much. The hotel just needs some updating a fixing up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie K, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review for us. I am very sorry that your stay was unpleasant and the issues have been corrected since your stay.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. My housekeeping staff is retrained and added some new employees to the staff. Our lock on the south end of the building is being replaced as I am typing this. We hope to see you again in the future, and my front desk staff appreciates the compliment!

Again, thank you for comyour time and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 920-338-9000.
Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My experience was different than some of the other folks. I remember this place when it first opened. Friendly knowledgeable staff. The waterpark was clean, monitored, with lots of towels and new basketballs, 2 slides and plenty of chairs. There were also video games. Breakfast was filled with multiple choices of items including several different types of bagels and donuts, yogurt, cereal and fresh fruit. We would come two or three times a year. After not being there for 4 years we went back to be close to the highway, De Pere, the Railroad Museum and to use their waterpark since we had 2 small kids with us. This time's visit was very different. First of all my reservations were messed up from the beginning. I reserved 2 rooms for late arrival 6 weeks in advance, called to confirm, never was return called, upon arrival only 1 room was reserved and available. Quickly reserved a 1 bed room for my friend who was coming from far away with 2 small children since the motel was nearly full. At least 1 of the 2 desk clerks was new. They didn't know how to check in a gift certificate, make room keys, even the directions given to me over the phone to get there were bad. I was totally lost. Finally got into our room, they were still cleaning rooms down the hall until after 6 pm! I guess they are short staffed. The beds were not too comfortable, pillows like rocks. The carpet had spots on it. At least there were extra blankets. We were missing towels and only had 1 soap. There were holes in the drapes which let the morning light in. I am used to a fridge and microwave, there isn't one in the regular double queen. Thank goodness at least the AC worked. My friend got a really small room that was adequate. We went down to the water park which was just loaded with kids, mostly unsupervised, running wildly and "borrowing" our water toys without asking. There were no pool towels at all. The bathroom was dirty. The hot tub overly smelled like cleaners. There is supposed to be adults only after 10 pm but kids were still in there at 11:15 pm when I left. When I asked why at the desk the just said they were "too busy" to announce the adults only swim. There were supposedly 11 birthday parties that night and a softball tournament in town. It wasn't overly noisy since we were on the top floor. The elevator is very slow. Breakfast was minimal. Donut holes, a few individual cereals, some toast and juice. Had to wait for coffee, it was out. The lobby was messy, the several tables there were dirty from use along with the lobby furniture. The manager finally brought out more coffee and donut holes. The morning pool visit wasn't quite as bad but still only a few pool towels there. If there was a workout room I didn't find one. Check out seemed uneventful an experienced person was at the desk. I didn't get a receipt since she said I didn't have any charges. Thank God I had the original folio from the morning. My friend paid for her room on her credit card. 5 days later my credit card bill arrived with a complete room charge on it. When I e-mailed the motel they supposedly had no record of my certificate, so I had a copy e-mailed there. Then supposedly it was my friend who didn't pay for her room so they billed me. It is now 4 weeks later and I am still waiting to get this straightened out. Hopefully my credit card and the manager will get this resolved. I was not impressed. This hotel is no longer worth the big money they are charging. If you can get a reduced rate it would be an o.k. deal. Otherwise there are other places in the area in much better shape with the same or more amenities for nearly the same money.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise. Rooms facing the rear are overlooking the empty Menards facility. Ma...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review.

I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. I take full responsibility for the issues with my staff, and have done a lot of training since your stay. I was deeply concerned about all the issues and have fixed the problems.

Again, thank you for your time and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 920-338-9000.
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to Green Bay with our granddaughter. Last time was 3 yrs. ago & I have to say I think this time surpassed the last trip. The pool is absolutely wonderful for kids-she was 2 1/2 last time and is 5 1/2 now). Clean nice rooms with continental breakfast & friendly staff. Very accommodating all around. Will DEFINITELY repeat stay there for many yrs. to come :)

Dresser, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2012

i have been staying at your motel off an on over the past year and I wanted to let you know what an enjoyable experience it has been for me and my co workers.
The staff is always very friendly and ready to help with needs we may have and I am happy to say how nice it is to always have a nice clean room when you come back from a hard day of work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been staying at the microtel for several months now with my family, Due to personal issues. I have never been treated better! All the staff have been great they are helpfull when i need somthing! Always asking if i need anything! if i ever have a problem in our room the maitenance man is ontop of it! they are never rude or push you to the side and not make the customer not come first even been here for awhile my family and I still get very good treatment! People complain about this hotel but don't really see the in's and out's of this place and just how hard they all work for the customer somtimes i think its just easier to complain than give a compliment!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed for the weekend with my kids, this hotel was great! The staff was amazing and very accommodating! They treated us like family during our stay. Great pool area for kids and the rooms were fresh and inviting! I would recommend this hotel to all families visiting the Green Bay area! Love it, I will be back!

Room Tip: The suites are really nice when your traveling with family!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been addressed.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 920-338-9000.