“Better Suited for a Short Stay”

Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I, as well as our 2 pets stayed at the Extended Stay Airport for a month prior to a major move out of state. Our suite included a bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a combo sitting/dining/kitchen. The kitchen include a full size refrigerator, bar size sink, 2-burner stove, and a microwave oven. There was no traditional oven and a very sparse assortment of dishes, utensils, and other food preparation items. We ended up buying a large toaster oven so we could cook pizzas and bake some items while we were there to save on eating out expenses. On a positive note, we were given a suite near an outside exit which made it convenient for us to take the dog out, the bed was comfortable, and most of the staff was helpful and friendly. However, unlike us, another guest with a dog did not pick up after his pet. We notified 3 different staff members about this as we did not want them to think it was us and charge us extra, as per stated in the pet guest policy. Apparently these staff members didn't communicate this to the manager and we received a note on our door saying we would be charged extra. The manager claimed she did not know which pet owner was "guilty". Overall, this isn't a bad place but it is over priced.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with the size of the kitchenette, and also that you received a note regarding a possible charge for failure to clean up pet waste. It is always our intention to provide excellent service for our guests, and we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We have used your comments to evaluate and improve ourselves including the communication between our staff members, as you mentioned you had talked with three different employees about the pet waste issue.

If you would like to further discuss your stay, you may contact me directly. Should you ever need accommodations in the Green Bay area again, I hope that you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 28, 2011

There's no extras but the beds were really comfy and the rooms were clean, nice size little kitchen, very quiet hotel and the staff was great!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your experience during your stay with us! We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed being our guest. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night since it was close to the airport and we were in town to pick up some family members flying in on a late flight. Our rooms were clean but starting to show their age. I found the price high for the quality of the room. We had reserved the rooms online several months ago at $75/night. There was a Packer game in town the night we stayed there and the hotel was booked for the night. We were told by the front desk attendant that the rack rate for the night was $145. I NEVER would have paid that price for this hotel.

The in room TV was small and older. The bathrooms could use a good upgrade and there is no onsite breakfast. I was put off by the handmade signs on the front door reminding guests to remove their workboots so that they didn't track mud in the hallways. Ewww.

We did have a good meal at the sports bar next door.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FLGirlOnline

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate guest feedback, both positive and negative, as it helps us to continually improve.

It sounds like there was some confusion regarding your rate, and I would like to apologize for that. It is standard for all of the hotels near Lambeau Field to raise the rates during home football games, as rooms are in high demand at those times. We are also in the process of updating our rooms for a more modern feel.

You may contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay; if you should ever need accommodations in Green Bay again, we would love to have you back for another chance to exceed your expectations. Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had the worst customer service from a young man that worked at the counter was on a sunday. I was in the middle of moving to green bay from michigan. Do to some issues with my apartment i was not able to get in before my new job in green bay started. So i need a place to stay for a week so i choose this place due to having the kitchen in it. I went online and booked the room with my moms credit card i dont have one. So we called and they also said was all taken care of as in paid. All i had to do when i get there is show my I.D and thats it. Well i got there on a sunday around 5ish and was asked for the card that was used. I explained to them that it is all paid for. I was told in a very RUDE tone that it was not. I told him how we did it and he just kept telling me look we dont let people stay here for free. I kept telling him that im not looking to stay here for free. I asked how im sapose to do this my mom is over 2 hours away he kept telling me that my mom must be here to sighn the card. LOng story short this turned out to be a mess and mom had to go to a store with a fax and sighn the slip with a copy of her I.D. never ever again will i use them or would tell anyone i know. Even its been a few months now im still angry the way i was treated there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all guest feedback - both positive and negative - as it allows us to identify areas in which we may need to improve.

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. It sounds like there were definitely some misunderstandings during check in. I believe what the front desk had your mother fill out was a credit card authorization form, and that is required to be filled out per company policy any time a credit card can not be physically presented as payment for the room. I would like to apologize if this wasn't made clear at the time the reservation was made, and I would also like to apologize for the way this issue was handled. The way you were treated is unacceptable to us, and does not meet the standard we hold for ourselves regarding guest service.

If you wish to further discuss the issues you had during your stay, you may contact me directly. I can assure you that the service you described is not how we treat our guests, and we would love a second chance to prove that to you should you ever need accommodations in Green Bay. Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed May 5, 2008

We use this hotel on a regular basis and like the location for traveling in and out of the Austin Straubel Airport (Green Bay).

As far as I know they are called the Extended Stay Airport and not America......... and their website is www.extendedstaygreenbay.com

You are provided with a studio like room with all of your needs from refrigerator, small stove and micro etc.

You just need to bring your shampoo.......

With the location you have access to all of the area restaraunts and those next door such as Bentleys, which is like a Appleby's and Hudson's. Your off the main highway but, close to it and shuttle service to the airport is also provided.

They offer a park and stay package similar to what the hotels do down in Chicago. With the price of gas and time tor travel down there, it is more economical to fly from Green Bay on most trips. With the big five airlines you can fly anywhere you want and utilize the hotel for your outgoing and return stay.

I highly recommend this motel if your looking for an economical place to stay without all of the fancy and plush needs that you pay for elsewhere.

We will continue to utilize this property as it is no doubt the best bang for the buck and the staff is very friendly and outgoing.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank 724snowman

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us and hope to be able to have you as our guest in the future!