“Great place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Clean, updated, and reasonably priced. Breakfast and service was excellent. Fresh coffee is always available in the lobby. I would stay here again and I am very picky about where I stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the first floor facing the parking lot. No noise at all and it was a Packers...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Attractive lobby, Clean rooms, Free Breakfast (actually pretty good). Really friendly staff. Clean indoor pool. Close to lots of restaurants. One negative, If you like to work out, they just have 2 nice treadmills, that's it. Otherwise would definitely return. BTW, Free yummy choclate chip cookies and 24 hour free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had previously stayed at a DIFFERENT Country Inn & Suites where we were given an "upgrade" to a suite which previously had been a smoking room (as explained in earlier reviews). It was terribly smelly and sufficating.... and they could not move me due to a full house. *** I made SURE upon booking this room that it was not one of those "converted" rooms.
I was pleasantly suprised at how nice and comfy everything was. The front desk area is inviting with fireplace and open staircase. Cookies, apples and mints were a welcoming site by the sitting area. Our room, although country "dated", was very clean and the beds and pillows soft and comfortable. The front desk and breakfast room staff were very friendly. Breakfast had a wonderful array of choices and coffee/tea were available 24/7. We took advantage of the large pool area. It even had bathrooms inside. The whirlpool was a little TOO hot though. I could barely get my lower leg to stay in without turning lobster red. We even took advantage of the "borrow a book" area. I would definately recommend this hotel as a value priced comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room that has never been a smoking room or allowed pets.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had an executive suite and it certainly was a suite. I was very impressed right from the start. The room was quiet even though I was right next to the stairs (room 221). The check in was smooth and the lady was very nice. I slept very well (something I normally don't do at hotels). Both mornings I was impressed with breakfast and the selection. It was hot and very enjoyable. Both mornings had someone very pleasant and proud of their job in charge of breakfast and they made me feel welcome and made sure I had an enjoyable start to my day. I really loved this hotel and it lives up to my expectations for the Carlson Hotels. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank maestraWisconsin
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We started out on the wrong foot with this hotel because of the inaccurate directions on the Carlson website. The Internet directions, which I had printed before we left home, told us to turn right off US 41 northbound onto Oneida Street. This was, of course, 180 degrees wrong. After ten minutes or so wandering around in the neighborhood to the northeast of 41, I looked at Mapquest on the iPad and found the mistake. After that we drove right to the hotel.
We were greeted by friendly guests who were enjoying the cool evening on the front porch in the comfortable chairs. Check-in was quick and easy, and we found our room easily.
There is a mall up the street a little over a mile, and we found the clothing items we were shopping for. There is a lot of Packer stuff on the hangers! Lambeau Stadium was another 1.3 mile up Oneida Street, and we drove around and took pictures.
The hotel room was clean, cool, and well-equipped. We enjoyed our night there, and the breakfast too. The dining room was packed, but the employees did a great job keeping everything stocked. I didn't really intend to use the pool, and that was a good thing, as the air in that room was so saturated with chlorine that it made my eyes water.
All in all, we had a nice stay at Country Inn and Suites Green Bay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from vacation. We had a flight out of Green Bay the next morning. The room was spacious, clean and the king sized bed comfortable. The hotel is small enough that the employees are all doing double duty, but they maintain great customer service. We even received a call from the front desk after we checked in to see if there was anything we needed! That never happens when we travel. The breakfast included with our stay included a good assortment of hot and cold items that were being restocked right up to the serving deadline, so everything was fresh and not just left over. We would definitely return to this location.

Room Tip: The thermostat in our room never shut off the fan, so it was always blowing air. We weren't abl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Badly in need of some upgrading. the wall paper in the bathroom was peeling, all the moldings were peeling away from the walls. There was smell of wet dog in the room.
Despite the rooms being nonsmoking the smell of smoke in the bathroom was very evident.
We were able to hear every step in the room above us. they were not intentionally being loud we could just hear every step.
The breakfast was the only bright spot in our stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family