“overcharged and not willing to reimburse”
Review of Hotel J Green Bay

Hotel J Green Bay
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
n berlin
“overcharged and not willing to reimburse”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed here before in the past and it was once the place to stay for a night or two when in green bay for a good price and a nice breakfast. I originally had plans to stay for a two night stay but my plans had changed and upon check-in I spoke with the woman at the check-in desk that we would only be staying the one night and to cancel the 2nd night. She had said "OK, no problem" She also verified that I was checking in for one night and departing the next day. The housekeeper the next morning also saw us leaving and asked if we were checking out and I replied "yes". Five days later after reviewing my credit card charges on-line I found that not only did they charge us for 2 nights but that the charges were double that of the original quote. I spoke to the airport settle inn and they responded by saying "sorry there isn't anything we can do about it". Will be attempting to contact my credit card to reverse the charges.
Will never stay again and will definitely spread the word of the very poor service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tammy k
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is always appreciated, as it helps us to provide the best service possible for all of our guests.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us failed to meet the high standard of quality we have set for ourselves. I was able to research this incendent, and it appears that you had stayed with us during a home Packer playoff game. Due to a significant increase in demand for home Packer games, we do have a two night minimum stay policy in place with no cancellation.

I apologize if there was a misunderstanding or if you feel this matter was not handled appropriately. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss this matter with you and see if I could work something out with you to be able to come back and try us again for a better experience.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to hear from you soon.

aselissen@settle-inn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Michigan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times over the years and never been unhappy. The hotel is comfortable, well cared for and clean. The breakfast is very good and above average for continential breakfasts. The staff is always very nice and wants to make sure you enjoy your stay. There are good places to eat nearby, fast food included, the airport is basically a few blocks away and they offer reasonable prices to leave your car. They will also shuttle you back and forth to the airport. For the cost, it's a great place. We would recomend this to anyone, all rooms are nice, haven't tried the theme rooms but sure they are clean and comfortable too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

I just wanted to thank you for your review of our property on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is something we truly value. We are glad you have enjoyed staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

GRAND RAPIDS
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was okay. Very outdated, and not the cleanest. I felt,like i was in a 1970's movie. The room,was comfortable and served its purpose. I would stay again if nothing else was availble. Overall, i would suggest a different hotelif youre looking for something updated.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank kimdurst
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. We do take all comments and concerns very seriously, and we truly appreciate all guest reviews.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your standards. We have been in the process of renovating our rooms for a more modern look. We have also implemented various changes in housekeeping procedures, as we strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests.

Once again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. If you would like to discuss this issue further, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to see what I can do to assist you.

Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

By far and wide the worst hotel experince we ever had. I have personally always enjoyed the hospitality industry in Green Bay, but this hotel brings up the rear. It got off to a great start. The hotel overbooked and as aresult, we were upgraded to a larger suite. When we entered our suite, the ceiling fan was COVERED in dust and as I walked over towards it, the carpet seemingly exploded in dust as well. The DNA from hundreds of guests gone by was firmly engraved in this room. My daughter got gastro the next day, and while I certainly can't prove it, it's far from beyond the realm of possibility that this disgusting room contributed. Beyond the dust, we were also told the sheets on the beds are only changed once a week. Awesome! More guest history to become familiar with as I'm counting sheep. Two days later, I had gastro. Perhaps in part becasue the sheet that my daughter threw up on was neatly tucked on my bed...even though we told the front desk what had happened and we wanted our sheets changed. A day before we checked out, I was called on my phone by the front desk informing me we had to switch rooms because they had miscalculated how many nights we were staying. Great! I'll leave the tailgating to haul suitcases because you guys don't know how to count...it's the least I can do. Our new room was a science wonder, what with the deep black mold on the shower curtain and all. I stayed in Cambria Suites a few blocks away in January and it was fantastic!! The Airport Settle Inn is an absolute dump! Management at this location have absolutely no right operating in this industry.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel. Stay in a barn if you have to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dion R
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. We truly do appreciate all guest feedback, as we feel it helps us to provide the best possible service for all of our guests.

I would like to apologize for any issues or inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I was able to look into some of the issues you pointed out. When you initially checked in, you received a free upgrade to one of our newest suites. I see that you experienced some issues with that room, and I would like apologize if you felt that the room did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that our housekeeping staff is trained to thoroughly clean every room, as well as to change linens daily.

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms during your stay. Your reservation was made through a company which uses our accommodations for Packer games, and each weekend of a home game we receive a rooming list. Your stay was for consecutive weekends with days in between, and unfortunately the company you booked through did not indicate that. We do everything possible to make each stay as easy and comfortable possible, and we are truly sorry if we failed to meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, you can contact me directly and I would be happy to talk with you and see what we could agree upon to fix this for you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Wisconsin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed overnight here on a recent two day golf outing. The rooms weren't anything special, but the beds were comfortable. The best thing was their breakfast buffet. The area was large that could accommodate many people, plus they had hot and cold items to choose from. And...the price was reasonable as well. Across the street within walking distance was a nice restaurant and a sports bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Good day from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor; we truly do appreciate all guest comments! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our deluxe breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again in the future!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is practically right next door to the airport. McDonalds is across the parking lot and a convenience store right down the road. If you like to gamble the "large" Oneida casino is about 1/2 mile away. This is the "Lambeau Field" side of town and this hotel is perfect because it is close to Lambeau, but far enough away that you still have peace and quiet.

I live in Green Bay and actually only three miles from this hotel, but we had date night and left all the teens at home and spent a night here. Loved it!! Always wondered what it was like on the inside.

We stayed in room 140. We checked in early, 1:30pm, and the room was perfect. It had just been cleaned and smelled nice. The floor and bedding were clean and even the drapes on the windows were clean. Perhaps they had recently been dry cleaned? No dust, stains, or anything.

My favorite part about the hotel? The 24 hour pool and hot tub!!! Children are allowed in the pool during the day, but by 11:00pm it is off limits and they enforce this rule. While we were in the pool area staff checked on the swimmers four times in two hours. When they did find a teenager in the area he was asked to roduce identification that showed he was 18 years or older. We did not see him again.

Breakfast was very good also with an assortment of both cold and hot items. Cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Several juices and of course coffee. The coffee was very tasty and not bitter in any way.

Checkout was swift and thorough. We were very pleased with our mini-getaway!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MinnesotaM-GreenBay
Greetings from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you so much for your review of our property on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate guest feedback to keep us on track for the best service possible. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your date night away from the teens! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Settle Inn several times and have never been disappointed. We've always picked a theme suite, all of which include a hot tub. The rooms are nicely-sized for a couple and competitively-priced for similar hot tub rooms at other hotels. Staff has been courteous and polite.

Like other hotels in this area, it's in very close proximity to both the casino and airport. Drive 10 minutes east and there are plenty of places to shop, eat, and drink on Oneida Street.

We've never been to the hotel during the Packer games and like most area hotels, prices probably go up on and around gamedays. I would think, however, that the hotel is far enough out of the way to avoid at least some of the gameday traffic.

Overall, we've always been pleased with the Settle Inn. It's high on the list of our choices for the Green Bay area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hang L
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor; guest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us provide the best possible service to all of our guests. I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us in the past, and we hope you enjoy many more in the future!