“Okay”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Chicago
“Okay”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Service was good. Room was spacious. Much quieter than expected given the fact there was a Packer game the evening I stayed there. The place was a little more worn than most other HGI's I've stayed at, and I'm not sure the jacuzzi in my bathroom was a good idea as I thin the jets had filled with mildew from lack of use, so the room had a funk to it. But all-in-all, my stay was fine. I'm unaware of other hotels in the area, so I have no relevant point of reference as to whether this is better or worse than most in Green Bay. ...it seemed like there were mostly discount hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I made reservations at the Hilton several months ago. Specifically requesting 2 beds. They were the only hotel near Lambeau Field.

Upon arrival one king sorry pal were all sold out. Gee lots of help from the Hilton Corp. I am currently paying top rate for something I didn't want. Apparently Hilton likes to dissappoint it's customers and sadly I will be dissapointed by Hilton the last time. I hope this is not going to become my "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" moment.

• Stayed October 2010
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My friend and I booked a trip with Packer Fan Tours to watch the Packers/Bills game on 9-19-10, having stayed at Hilton Garden Inn back in 2004 i chose this hotel again due to good experience last time as well as the location. I'm not saying other folks are completely wrong when they have bad things to say about their stay at this hotel, on the contrary our stay was great.

Free breakfasts were great every morning, made to order omelettes as well as buffet bar with breakfast meats etc. did the job for us just fine. Our room was very clean and had no complaints about the room at all. Some reviews stated that even the cleaning folks were rude....LOL man every time we ran into the cleaning crew they were super nice and talkative to us. Asking us where we are from, if we are enjoying the trip etc. It was just good genuine talk, so i guess its a whole different crew than the ones other folks have had rude encounters with.

Here is my only gripe..which was corrected in a minutes time. When we first checked into the hotel, we were handed the keys and you could see where they wrote "Room 218" on the booklet that holds the keys, but it was scratched through and had "316" instead. So right then i wondered why in the world they moved us around. When we got to the room and laid back for 15 minutes, it became evident as to why we were moved to this room. The elevators were RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL. You could hear it every time it started and stopped! Being a light sleeper myself i said this aint gonna work LOL. Went down to the desk and told them i would like a different room because the elevator noise would be too loud for me because i sleep light. No fuss about it, they moved us to room 326 and all went well after that. Nice and quiet.

My guess is they try to fill the room next to elevator right off the bat hoping someone just settles with it and does not complain, as people complain and are moved...the next check in guest gets put into the "elevator room" LOL. Think about it, sooner or later the hotel would be full and someone would absolutely get stuck with the room if no other rooms are vacant. The early bird gets the worm, fits the billing here. Just remember this is just my guess as to why we were moved.

Overall, great stay and will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank spear85
Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This HGI I think has some unfair reviews. It is a standard HGI. I will say it is probably time for some upgrades, but the hotel is still in good condition; in Green Bay you can do both worse and better. If you can get a room, this is a great hotel for a Packers game or an event at the Resch Center.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Hall carpets terribly stained.
No air conditioning in halls.
Chair without ottoman.
Refrigerator did not work.
Breakfast service not acceptable for me.
Wireless poor.
Really close to football field, good general Green Bay location. Take football field into account if you are not there for game.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Northeast US
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Pros: Really, really nice people; great location, very good service, clean rooms. Hot tub was a nice touch.
Cons: Aside from the jet-blast AC, nohing, really. Breakfast was ok at best.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am a Hilton Honors Silver VIP Business Traveler and stay with Hilton Hotels a lot. I have a 2 night stay booked with this hotel on July 26th/July27th 2010. When my travel plans changed, even though the cancellation policy is - cancel by 4pm day of arrival, I was PUNISHED with a new room rate for cancelling the 2nd night of my 2-night stay. My initial room rate was $139 per night for 2 nights and when I cancelled the second night (3 weeks in advance bear in mind), the 1-night stay was changed to $229, a 65% price increase !! This is unethical and unreasonable, considering that there were no limitations when I made the booking, except to cancel by 4pm day of arrival. This is obviously a horrendous situation for a business traveler like me, when plans change constantly. I would not book with this hotel again, and would recommend that if you don't want the price hiked even before you arrive, that you don't book with them either. The sneaky thing is, they won't tell you about this unethical policy when you are making your booking. And PS - Corporate Hilton condoned this, saying "prices change when the length of the booking changes". This is absolutely not true. I have stayed at many other Hiltons before and the 1-night rate has been the same as the 5-night rate. Frankly, that's a pathetic excuse for unreasonable and unethical pricing policy. Don't get caught out like I did, because however good the stay turns out the be, it will never compensate for this.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business