“Staff is fantastic! Rooms are noisy”

Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The staff is fantastic and you cannot beat the location. The only complain I have is you can hear hallway and other guest room noise. I've stayed at this hotel for business several times and the staff goes out of their way but there is nothing they can do about the room noise. I literally heard and entire phone conversation the guest next to me was having in his room. I wish they could figure out how to insulate the rooms better because other than that it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the dumpster side of the hotel. The garbage trucks come at 4:30 am!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JenniferW1015, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your stay with us and the positive comments about the staff. I do apologize for the noise issue that you experienced. We are in the process of re-renovating the rooms so perhaps the next time you are in town you are able to see the changes we have made.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very clean, nicely furnished property. Do spend the extra couple bucks for a breakfast to order along with other breakfast amenities. Good location in Green Bay - very central and walking distance to Lambeau if there for game. The room was very comfortably furnished, nice to have a fridge and microwave. Excellent weekend rate as well. Only two machines in the fitness center; for a hotel this size a little larger would be nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

If she is, she needs to visit Wisconsin. It snows here. When it snows, you need to plow the parking lot...or at least the awning area near the office. Then my car wouldn't get stuck. Two days later, still no plow. And, where's my complimentary newspaper? Gone you say? If I want a paper, I can BUY a Green Bay paper, you say? The location is just okay. The front desk kids weren't overly friendly or helpful - like Paris I guess. This place was a huge letdown for carrying the name "Hilton.". Two stars is generous - I'm in a good mood today :).

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gary_and_Sue_P
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Lovely, remodeled lobby area with a great breakfast buffet! Room was clean and staff was very friendly. Will stay again! Great location: walking distance to Lambeau Field and some local bars/restaurants.
Breakfast came with our room as Hilton Honors members, and it was incredible. Order anything you want from their hot menu (any or all...some guests order all apparently) and a cold bar with fruit, cereal, juice, bagels, etc. Great service!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Originally booked the room in hopes the Packers would be playing in the Conference Championship. Didn't happen but since the room was non-refundable with a two night minimum we decided to make it a weekend get away. So happy we went ahead with our plans. Great weekend; we were practically the only people in the hotel (judging by the 3 cars in the parking lot). unfortunately they put us next to other guests & they liked their music early in the morning & loud. other than that we had a great weekend. The room was fantastic as was the service. Only room complaint would be the bathroom was surprisingly small. No room for your toiletries.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I selected the Hilton and made advance reservations because of its proximity to the place in Green Bay that we were visiting. I didn't check reviews as I usually do because the name Hilton brings expectations of excellence. The location was convenient to all kinds of eateries, shopping and the stadium. However, when we checked in around 5PM and went to our room, it was not cleaned - bed not made, lights on, bath towels on the floor! So disappointing. I called the front desk and a staff person immediately brought up keys to a new room and gave us a coupon for a complimentary breakfast, which as other have expressed, was very good. Someone in housekeeping/management was not on the ball doing his/her job of checking to make sure rooms are ready to receive guests.

The new room was fine. (Could use some new caulk around the bathtub). The room provided a thermostat for individually controlled heat/cool which I truly appreciated. The room was so warm that I turned the heat down to 60 degrees with fan on and slept very comfortably on the great mattress. It was also very quiet. We didn't hear any other guest activities.

The desk staff and the breakfast staff were professional, helpful, and friendly. I would stay here again but would call to confirm my reservation and ask them to check to make sure my room was ready for my arrival.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is ready to receive guests.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Lets just say I have them four chances at giving me a clean room. Fail. I walked in and the lobby was very inviting and cozy - It seems they just revamped it recently. However, it's the rooms that were bad. Each room I went to was not clean. Hair was on every bed, pubic hair on the bathroom floor in one room, trash and someones flight itinerary in another, thick film of dust on the desks, and dried up liquid on surfaces...then another with the furnace clearly not working as it was (no joke) 90 degrees when I walked in the room...at least that is what the wall said. I don't ask for much, just a clean place to sleep. Serious changes need to be made with housekeeping and the attention to detail.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business