“Great Location Adequate Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Salt Lake City
“Great Location Adequate Hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel Jun 3, 2012 for a one night stay. The hotel is walking distance to Lambeau Field and my wife had to make the pilgrimage. The hotel is the basic Hotel Garden Inn. The hotel is adequate, and has all the amenities. It does get a lot of use, due to the Packer location no doubt. Also, insulation between rooms and out to hallway was not so good. I could hear a conversation in the next room and they weren't yelling. Also, woke up because I heard doors shutting down the hallway. This is not something that I've experienced before at a Hilton Garden Inn. So hotel was ok, with great location, especially if you were going to see a game. That would be my primary reason for staying here. Otherwise, I might try to explore other possibilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Loves Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I recently stayed here two nights for a wedding happening down the road. I usually always stay at the Aloft when I make one of my frequent trips to Green Bay, but they were booked up full because of the Cellcom Marathon. So instead, I decided to fall back on one of my other favorite hotel brands--HGI. I've come to expect well polished hotels from the HGI brand, but was disappointed by how the rooms felt worn out and tired-- especially in the bathrooms. The wallpaper border in my bathroom was peeling in several spots, and there many large patches in the ceiling that needed to be painted. My room was smaller than what I have come to expect for the price I paid. I stayed in a room with a king size bed and a desk-- the desk was turned to be perpendicular to the wall and took up even more of the space.

I will not fault the HGI on service though-- the staff was friendly and welcoming. That was the most consistent part I found at this location as compared to other HGI hotels. However, friendly staff alone is not enough to make up the relatively high price of the hotel room for what I got. I'm going to head back to Aloft in the future on my trips to Green Bay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Baraboo
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice entrance and good first impressions. Door to the room did not close softly , but slammed shut. Seemed like the doors needed better springs. We thought breakfast was included ,it was not. Big mix up at check in. I had pre-paid they said no . So paid cash . When we got home I received my Visa bill and the room was charged to my Visa. It took a long time to get a refund.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gardengirl33
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nice hotel. Very convenient for my business trip to Lambeau and KI. Room was smaller than others I've stayed at, but nice furnishings and very clean. Adjustable bed didn't seem to make a difference no matter which way you turned the dial, but the mattress was comfortable non the less. Breakfast staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at the property for the first time this week while in the area on business. Overall good experience. Front desk was prompt, friendly and took care of the HHonors stuff. Room was in pretty good shape. I would say this is an older property that has been refreshed to some extent - they had the flat screen, adjustable matress, paint and carpet were in good shape as was the furnishings. It's kind of funny to see an old dial control for the HVAC (controlling the window unit).

Breakfast was a little different than other HGI's in that you ordered your hot food off the menu (no buffet) and there was a breakfast bar with cereal, yogurt, bread, pastries, juice and fruit. The made to order breakfast was very good. One suggestion would be to add more fresh fruit choices. There was only pineapple, although it was fresh and very good. The service was good and that server was moving fast but still very friendly.

Overall pretty much spot on for an HGI property. Kind of cool to look out your window and see Lambeau.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed hre with my son recently to attend the Forzen Four hockey tourney nearby. Hotel was nice and seemed new. Room was pretty good and they had a cot in there waiting for us just as we had requested in our reservation. Breakfast was not included and they were charging $10 per person so we went to a nearby iHop and had a bigger, better meal for less. Great location - truly an easy walk to the ice arena and to Lambeau Field. We also took a tour of Lambeau and thought it stole the show! Very cool.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kgems1
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very nice hotel in an area where the hotels are probably not very high end. It could use a little updating but it was a clean hotel and a very friendly staff. We stayed here when we went to a preseason game and it was the perfect location. Lambeau was only a couple blocks away and you could tailgate in the parking lot. Great breakfast the next morning and the lady who waited on us was so welcoming and warm. Great price for what you get. We definitely plan on staying here again! Easy to get to!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple