“Not quite what we expected”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Not quite what we expected”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I spent one night here prior to visiting UW Green Bay with my teenage daughter, and chose it not because of the location, which for us wasn't great, but because we had Marriott points. We arrived the day after a 16 inch snowfall to find that our room was across the parking lot, as were all the rooms we could see. In order to get to the front desk or the breakfast buffet you had to bundle up and make your way across the snow and ice. Not a big deal in the summer, but not so great in the winter. The room was decent sized, and very clean but in need of updating. As mentioned elsewhere if you turn on the bathroom light it will shine directly on the beds the way our room was configured. Also, if you don't request a first floor room you will have to carry your bags upstairs. The free internet was a plus, and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate. All contact I had with staff prior to and during my stay was friendly, helpful and professional.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My stay wasn't exactly business as my husband was having surgery at a nearby hospital. But if I were traveling for business, this is exactly what I would look for in a motel.

First of all, Holly and Brad at the front desk are wonderful: Professional, warm and friendly, very courteous. I booked a studio apartment, and found it just the right size - in fact, larger than the studio apartments I rented while in college. I would have loved a place this size when I was in school!

Perfect kitchen for fixing your own meals. Nice desk with Internet hookup, cubby holes, writing space. Second smaller desk for personal items. Sofa, good TV, lamp, coffee table, and very comfortable bed and pillows. I was tucked away in a back upper studio and it was very quiet. More than enough closet space for an extended stay. Good shower, large vanity, full-lenght mirror and powerful hairdryer. It was WONDERFUL to have real glasses and mugs for my beverages.

I will make this my East-side home-away-from-home. It is near a pharmacy, an ATM, a grocery store and more. It's less than a mile from two large hospitals and a quick trip over the Highway 172 bridge to Green Bay's sprawling West-side shopping area.

All in all, one of the best hotel/motel stays ever. I actually felt like I was on vacation each time I climbed the steps to my studio (the only downside is no elevators).

I will return!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MimiJWisconsin
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Very good one. One of the best hotel I stayed so far. It is kindof studio, every thing available and breakfast free and price is very economy for business people

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Groveland, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The decor is straight from the eighties in the rooms. We stayed here the night before the Packers game. This was the cheapest we could find at $139/night. It seems like the whole town jacks up their prices to $199/night before games! The beds were average. They need a door into the bathroom area. If you need to turn on the light, you wake whoever is sleeping! They have a outdoor pool that was already closed for the winter. Why would they have an outdoor pool in Green Bay? The breakfast was free- that's about all I can say about it! If you want a bed to sleep on, this place is okay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
IL
Reviewed August 1, 2010

beds need to be changed. They had seen better days. Hot breakfast was tasteless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Decent location about 1/2 a block from the river and a very nice walkway along the river. In need of updating but clean and spacious. Great breakfast buffet.

Brad at the front desk went out of his way to be friendly & helpful while Andrea at the front desk seemed to go out of her way to be rude & unaccommodating. So, your experience will depend entirely on whose shift it is. We're Silver Elite with Marriott and getting 2 extra towels from her was like pulling teeth. Upon checking in we noticed that the ice maker in our room was broken. Brad offered up a generous bag of ice with a smile and an apology. The next day when we needed ice again Andrea acted like it was somehow our fault that it was broken and behaved as if we were asking for a bag of diamonds or something. Very odd..

Overall a nice enough stay but I have to admit that Andrea's crummy attitude did sour it a bit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We stayed the entire month of February here at the Residence Inn. The rooms are spotless. My wife got the "suite", which has a nice living area downstairs with a very nice bedroom upstairs. Additionally, this arrangement had complete bathrooms upstairs and down. Very Convenient!

Beds and furnishings were extremely comfortable.

The hotel is within 5 minutes of Lambeau field, and not more than 10 minutes from virtually any resturant in the Green Bay area.

The staff were most accomodating, even in helping my wife move luggage etc. around. Great value for money - I'd sure stay here again. Fact of the matter, I don't believe I would consider any other hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business