“Comfortable, clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Gainesville, FL
“Comfortable, clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Four of us were in town for the Packers-Jaguars game this weekend and stayed here.
We had two rooms. Both were very clean and well-maintained. The hotel staff were quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast was quite adequate.
We were entirely satisfied - Fairfield delivered good value.
Go Pack Go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for deciding to stay with us when you came to town for the game. We want all our guests to be happy they chose us, and really appreciate your kind words. I hope you will be back and let us serve you again soon. Go Pack Go!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I found the rooms to be very comfortable and the free breakfast had a lot of variety. I especially liked the make-your-own waffles. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There's plenty of restaurants the area with a variety of cuisines. Very close to Lambeau Field too!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and hope you will let us serve you again soon.
lilly pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

very easy access off 41, close to dining. pretty much the standard for Fairfield Inns. though the breaksfast area was small and crowded. room very clean, bed very comfortable. Right now there is some road construction but not much of a problem. This hotel is very close, two exits away from the stadium

Room Tip: if staying a few days get the upgrade to the larger room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and nice review. I know you have a lot of hotel choices in our area and we are glad you were happy with your decision, and that you found value and comfort here. I hope we can serve you again the next time you visit Green Bay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn just last week, and I was a bit disappointed. Our stay was only one night, and it wasn't horrible, but I am not sure I would stay here again. It was convenient to Lambeau Field and being that Green Bay is a relatively small town, it was close to a lot of other businesses. It is centrally located and easy to find.

Check-in was fine and the staff was friendly.

The elevator smelled terrible - I am not sure if this was due to the hotel being busy right after a Packers game, but each time we rode on the elevator, we kind of held our breath.

The room was clean and decently sized. The television was small, but operational. The bed was pretty woeful, very lumpy and not comfortable at all. The pillows were squished-up messes and by morning I was completely congested (I am pretty allergic to dust mites, so I imagine either the pillows or the mattress were full of them). The sheets were clean and I even checked for bed bugs and all was okay - nothing specifically to do with the property, just something I do when staying in hotels after reading some recent reports of bed bug issues. All clean!

We had enough toiletries and towels; however, the water pressure was really weak and my hair didn't really feel clean, even after rinsing for a good 4-5 minutes. Shower/toilet/bathroom all clean, however.

My mother stayed in a room next door and had a refrigerator in her room, we did not have one; so if you need one, you should specifically ask the front desk.

Overall, this was a really average property. We were there only one night, and that was fine, but I had we stayed longer than that, I think we would've really been unhappy.

Room Tip: My mother stayed in a room next door and had a refrigerator in her room, we did not have one; so if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lunula71
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed, and offer my sincere apologies for the conditions you found. We will begin a remodelling project shortly, and I hope you will give us another chance to earn your respect and trust the next time you are in Green Bay.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Prototypical Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Some have small stores for snack and drink purchases, this one does not, so pick up your snacks before you arrive. Nothing special, but lived up to my expectations, as a long time Platinum Marriott Elite member...

I stayed over night for a business event, would stay again.

Room Tip: I was placed in a room next to the elevator, was a little worried, but suprised, I never heard it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Marriott brand, and for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we met your needs and expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Green Bay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Actually stayed at this location 2 years in row for local basketball tournament. Clean and courteous staff. Continental bfast was decent compared to other places I've been. Great location. Close to Packer's stadium too. Nice little lobby... Fruit and coffee, computer. Thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your return visit, and for taking the time to share your experience. Making and keeping our guests happy is is very important to us, and I'm glad that you are happy with the accommodations and service we provide. I hope you will continue to let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable during your future visits.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed one night, very disappointed. The first room we were assigned was very musty smelling so we requested another. The second room was better, but definitely in need of updating (the whole hotel). The bed was satisfactory, but the towels were not soft and did not smell fresh at all. Breakfast was good and the staff was very nice and accomodating. We weren't sure the elevator would make it to the third floor, by the sounds of it anyway. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay, and offer my apologies. We are beginning a remodeling project that will include every area of the hotel, and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Green Bay.