“Mostly crepes, unique and delicious”
Review of The Elegant Moose - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Elegant Moose
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 25, 2013

First of all, this is not a restaurant for anyone in a hurry. Go for a leisurely lunch with friends or loved ones, not over a work lunch hour or or for a business meeting. The menu consists primarily of crepes with a variety of filings. Nothing is made until you order, and there is only one chef, hence the waiting time. The food is rich, but very delicious, and the waitress was pleasant and helpful all the times I have been there. I have been probably 5 times, and will go in the future. I am forcing myself to try new things each time, but would love to have the steak and fromage crepe any time! I intend some day to go in for one of the sweet crepes, perhaps as a mid-afternoon dessert. My husband tried the bison burger on one visit and really enjoyed it. It has an interesting dark and modern minimalistic decor which gives a quiet feeling in the middle of a busy day. There is a large boutique style store with kitchen and home items ranging from tea and teapots, to decorative plates, to gourmet oils and cooking supplies. I always enjoy looking around the store before I leave, and have bought wonderful hand soap and platters there. This is definitely worth trying if you are looking for something out of the ordinary and delicious. You won't leave hungry!

2  Thank AnneEKD

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was blessed to join two dear friends for lunch last week at The Elegant Moose; my first experience, not theirs. We each ordered different menu selections and all were superb. Beautiful presentation, excellent food, lovely service. This is not for those who need a fast in/out meal. However, we were seated immediately and served the first part of our meals in less than 10 minutes. We will most definitely return to try other menu options!!

2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Let me start out by saying this was an extremely disappointing lunch experience. my friend and i decided to try someplace different and gave this place a try. when we first arrived we were not greeted for a few minutes and were left to stand in the door way next to a sign that read please wait to be seating and something along the lines of how their food was made to order so the wait may reflect this. seeing we were on our work lunch hour we took this into consideration, but didn't really think it would be an issue. after a few minutes of waiting to be acknowledged we were seated. approximately 10 minutes passed, long enough for us to decide our lunch order, before the waitress came to great us and get our drink order. she didn't take our order at the time, even though we were ready and instead took another 5 minutes to bring us our water. these all should have been red flags for us. after we ordered, we waiting another HOUR before our food came. even under circumstances where a restaurant was extremely busy this would not be acceptable. at the time when we were in there, there were maybe 6 other groups of two people. where we were seated we could see into the kitchen and were able to watch the one and only chef work. this was a very indication as to why our food took so long. no sense of urgency. I'm not saying he needs to be running around like crazy, but the pace at which he was working reflects the hour long wait. it appeared that he would make one table's order at a time. after 45 mins of waiting for our food, our waitress finally addressed the issue and said that we were next in line for food. but by no means seemed concerned that we were not happy. another 15 minutes passed. by this time we were so irritated that we really didn't even want to eat. I had ordered the cheese steak crepe. it was mediocre at best. drenched in butter. I was only able to eat half because it was simply too rich. my friend enjoyed her meal, but by no means was it worth the wait. we arrived at the elegant moose at 12:15 and did not leave until 1:45.
overall, I would never go back there and I would never recommend this to anyone. i also want to add that i have never written a review online but felt so disappointed that i needed to share so either they can make a change or throw in the towel.

8  Thank rah26_12
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Food is excellent and--given the basic premise that just about everything comes on a crepe--varied. There are some burgers and more traditional entrees. The bison burger good good reviews from companions. Servings are large so that one crepe and a salad shared was plenty for the less dramatic appetites and allowed us to save some room to taste everyone's choice. Service is painfully slow--there's only one guy in the kitchen--but friendly.

4  Thank MaryBWashingtonDCUSA
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I'd driven by The Elegant Moose for years and years, and never really knew what it was. It seemed like a gift shop, but it frequently scrolled "crepes" on the sign. It made me think it was more of a bakery, then, or something. Anyway, I finally got in there due to a scheduled lunch with girlfriends, and what a surprise!! Absolutely phenomenal salad! The portion was so generous, I felt like I'd been eating delicious forkfuls for a long time and I looked down and could only see 1/3 of the bottom of the bowl. Very impressed with their unique and hearty salads. Loved the little baked "crepe chips" on the table too. I want to try about 90% of the items on their menu, so many more trips are in order! Very lovely atmosphere and a great place to visit over lunch or brunch (they're only open 10-2ish). an uncharacteristic lunch for Green Bay, WI :)

6  Thank spasterski