“Wonderful luncheon experience!!”

Cuisines: American
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Wonderful luncheon experience!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was blessed to join two dear friends for lunch last week at The Elegant Moose; my first experience, not theirs. We each ordered different menu selections and all were superb. Beautiful presentation, excellent food, lovely service. This is not for those who need a fast in/out meal. However, we were seated immediately and served the first part of our meals in less than 10 minutes. We will most definitely return to try other menu options!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mary C

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“TERRIBLE LUNCH EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Let me start out by saying this was an extremely disappointing lunch experience. my friend and i decided to try someplace different and gave this place a try. when we first arrived we were not greeted for a few minutes and were left to stand in the door way next to a sign that read please wait to be seating and something along the lines of how their food was made to order so the wait may reflect this. seeing we were on our work lunch hour we took this into consideration, but didn't really think it would be an issue. after a few minutes of waiting to be acknowledged we were seated. approximately 10 minutes passed, long enough for us to decide our lunch order, before the waitress came to great us and get our drink order. she didn't take our order at the time, even though we were ready and instead took another 5 minutes to bring us our water. these all should have been red flags for us. after we ordered, we waiting another HOUR before our food came. even under circumstances where a restaurant was extremely busy this would not be acceptable. at the time when we were in there, there were maybe 6 other groups of two people. where we were seated we could see into the kitchen and were able to watch the one and only chef work. this was a very indication as to why our food took so long. no sense of urgency. I'm not saying he needs to be running around like crazy, but the pace at which he was working reflects the hour long wait. it appeared that he would make one table's order at a time. after 45 mins of waiting for our food, our waitress finally addressed the issue and said that we were next in line for food. but by no means seemed concerned that we were not happy. another 15 minutes passed. by this time we were so irritated that we really didn't even want to eat. I had ordered the cheese steak crepe. it was mediocre at best. drenched in butter. I was only able to eat half because it was simply too rich. my friend enjoyed her meal, but by no means was it worth the wait. we arrived at the elegant moose at 12:15 and did not leave until 1:45.
overall, I would never go back there and I would never recommend this to anyone. i also want to add that i have never written a review online but felt so disappointed that i needed to share so either they can make a change or throw in the towel.

• Visited October 2012
8 Thank rah26_12
Washington DC USA
“At there three lunches in a row!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Food is excellent and--given the basic premise that just about everything comes on a crepe--varied. There are some burgers and more traditional entrees. The bison burger good good reviews from companions. Servings are large so that one crepe and a salad shared was plenty for the less dramatic appetites and allowed us to save some room to taste everyone's choice. Service is painfully slow--there's only one guy in the kitchen--but friendly.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank MaryBWashingtonDCUSA
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Surprising to find this gem in Green Bay!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I'd driven by The Elegant Moose for years and years, and never really knew what it was. It seemed like a gift shop, but it frequently scrolled "crepes" on the sign. It made me think it was more of a bakery, then, or something. Anyway, I finally got in there due to a scheduled lunch with girlfriends, and what a surprise!! Absolutely phenomenal salad! The portion was so generous, I felt like I'd been eating delicious forkfuls for a long time and I looked down and could only see 1/3 of the bottom of the bowl. Very impressed with their unique and hearty salads. Loved the little baked "crepe chips" on the table too. I want to try about 90% of the items on their menu, so many more trips are in order! Very lovely atmosphere and a great place to visit over lunch or brunch (they're only open 10-2ish). an uncharacteristic lunch for Green Bay, WI :)

• Visited June 2012
6 Thank spasterski
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Too good for Green Bay!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Elegant Moose is perhaps the best thing that ever happened to Green Bay when it comes to culinary experiences (both taste and atmosphere). I only hope the limited mind-set of the typical Green Bay resident could elevate themselves from the likes of Applebees and Texas Road House and add some class to their choice of eateries.

Reading the comments of others noting a limited menu truly shows the lack of dining experienced in major cities. Either you offer a limited menu where everything is very good or you offer many selections bordering on a fast food. The Elegant Moose is just elegant.

If there is any negative, it's the limited hours and days it is open. But then again, I can understand this choice recognizing the typical food habits of Green Bay do not justify such availability.

• Visited April 2012