“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Plae Bistro

Plae Bistro
Ranked #1 of 469 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Everything I've eaten here has been amazing! Great service as well. Very professional wait staff. Amazing dessert selection as well. A few pricey items, but other very reasonable items as well.

Don't go here if you're in a hurry though. They are attentive, but I've found even for lunch it's about an hour and a half. Everything is just a little slow. I would recommend this to anyone!

Visited December 2012

GREEN BAY
“Good? Sure....”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very good or excellent? No. "Signature" tomato bisque was okay, but not spectacular. Grilled tuna was a little over cooked and then buried in a sauce. Beer selection hampered by the fact they were out of 2 of their tap beers relatively early in the dinner period. Loud and crowded for romance or a business dinner, not recommended.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank dsj5777
United States
“consistently high quality”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Favorites include the roasted eggplant burger and grouper. Chef's specials are always wonderful. A slice of vanilla cheesecake for dessert was also a favorite.

• Visited November 2012
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My fiance and I stopped at Plae Bistro while we were in Green Bay on a friend's recommendation. Please know that dining out is a rare occasion, as I prepare gourmet meals daily and find most dining out options to be sub-par; I am a tough critic. Though it took a bit to find the place on an end of one of many strip malls, it was worth it. I had the Chef's Special - Rack of Lamb with Mushroom Spaetzel and Grilled Asparagus with a house red wine. The rack of lamb was prepared perfectly and fell off the bone. It had levels of flavoring of herb seasoning that danced on my taste buds and was complemented well with the mushroom spaetzel. The grilled asparagus was a bit dry since garlic powder was used instead of fresh but being that it was the second side, it was easily dismissed. The house wine, though it boasts more than any other high class restaurants on this side of Wisconsin, it was not my favorite. I would rate it a 4/5 since it was a fantastic "house" wine but not 5/5. The serving size was very large and though I am a big-eater despite my size, it was a bit too much to finish the last bites. My fiance and I enjoyed the ambiance of the quaint place. It had a simple and modern look to it. We hardly noticed the time pass except the waitstaff came to apologize. There would be a small delay (15 minutes) as the chef was preparing the whipped cream for our dessert yet. We certainly did not mind! The creme de mint dessert, prepared from scratch, was a superb finishing touch. Our pallets were in heaven. We would highly recommend this restaurant to others! The chef uses a few layers of flavoring, making his/her cooking more complex than many high-end restaurants in this area. He/She clearly has a more refined pallet than most and we greatly enjoyed it. I hope that we can keep this chef in the area to enjoy his/her creations! :)

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank aficionadadelmundo
De Pere, Wisconsin
“A-OK”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went here most recenlty on New Year's Eve. The food was great, serivce was great, atmosphere is great. No major complaints except the bar area is extremly small. Will I go back? Yes. Am I yearing to go back? No. Overall, I think it is a nice place that you will not be disappointed with, however, I don't know if it's worthly of #1 restaurant on TripAdvisor. Dessert and the appetizer was probably my favorite part of dinner.

• Visited January 2013