“OVERALL-- OVER RATED”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I had heard about this place and thought we'd give it a try for lunch. It's a very nice bistro, but we were greeted by the chef in a t-shirt and when asked where we wanted to sit, we asked him "where would you sit if you were dining here" his reply "No where cause I don't eat here, I'm the CHEF" Which we thought was kinda rude, but ok....We were never offered a wine list, so my husband had to get one at the podium. Also, it was very chilly inside the restaurant. Winter will be here soon enough, I didn't want to eat in a cold restaurant. My husband ordered the pizza and it was ok. I ordered the Kobe burger and it was good, but I ordered the salad and got the pasta salad. Overall, I think this restaurant is over rated....

4  Thank WATUTINK
There are newer reviews for Plae Bistro

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

In town on business and had a surprisingly good dinner - really good -- the best I've had in a decade of regular Green Bay visits....

Despite strip center location, the interior was a pleasant, if compact, space, with candlelit tables and a nice atmosphere.

Enjoyed a delicious, pan seared, spicy garlic stuffed chicken breast, full of flavor and perfectly cooked (though the smallish, 6-ounce portion, will perhaps be a tad on the small side for some appetites... and for the $18 tariff...) The side of grilled asparagus it was served with was about the best I can remember, despite asparagus being a vegetable even the home cook can do pretty well. This was memorable good, though the preparation seemed pretty straightforward.

I started with a tasty, if a bit thin, mushroom bisque (a true soup spoon would have made it easier to eat). Bread and dipping oil was good, though the bread could use an upgrade.

Would be nice if the restaurant offered a side/half salad (they may but it didn't state so on menu) as the $10ish salad offerings looked good, but were entree sized, not appropriate in cost or size as a starter TO another entree.

Regardless of my nitpicking, this place is very good and definitely recommended.

1  Thank eyehrtfood
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Plae Bistro has an upscale style, with friendly service and an excellent selection of lunch items. Specialty sandwiches, salads, and individual pizzas. For a business lunch, this is a winner. A friends gathering, absolutely. If you're in the mood for something a bit different(than the usual Green Bay fried food) this is the place for you. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Thee food is really good. The atmosphere is fun. We love Plae Bistro. Check out CHEFUSION too, it is similar and yummy as well.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ate here based on other tripadvisor reviews and all I can say is thank you!!!! This is why I love tripadvisor! This is truly a place that you would never find on your own. Situated in a strip mall that barely has any businesses in it. A very chic trendy little bistro with excellent food and wonderful ambiance. Very nicely decorated and comfortable seating with the lights low. This seemed to be a local hot spot with many couples and some families. They did offer outside seating and had live music. It was a little loud for us but very nice. We ordered three meals, the gourmet Mac and cheese which was delicious! The best Mac and cheese we have ever had. They even put bacon in it, or you could have chicken or some grilled veggies. Also ordered the seared duck with veggies and mushroom spaetzel. Duck was very juicy and tender and had a very interesting blueberry sauce. Delicious! Also ordered the Kobe pretzel burger which was delicious also. We were so pleasantly surprised by this gem of a restaurant! The dessert option were amazing!!!! I cannot explain the huge portions of everything you could imagine, 5 layer carrot cake, a heath cake, a beautiful looking red velvet Nd quite a few more. Unfortunately we did not save any room for dessert but we sure wanted too. Save room for dessert and you will want to share for sure - the portions are huge!!! Service was very nice and the whole experience was so enjoyable for start to finish. This is a must for anyone stopping in Green Bay!!! Love Plae Bistro!!!!!