“Truffle and Parmesan Fries!!”
Review of Chefusion

Chefusion
Reserve with OpenTable
Chefusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 493 Restaurants in Green Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dousman
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined in the upstairs lounge and were very pleased. Loved the atmosphere and decor, but the food is the reason we will be returning. We went with the "small plates" option, and on others advice, ordered a few to share. It was more than plenty, but priced right and was nice to sample the different items. Oysters on the half shell were okay, probably wouldn't order them again, but after all, this is Wisconsin, not the coast. Kobe Beef Burger and Filet Mignon Crostini were Fabulous. And as another reviewer stated, "grown up Mac and Cheese to die for." This dish comes with tomatoes, which I don't eat, and they were very accomodating for my special order. And then the Fries - they were pretty much an afterthought, but will be first item ordered next time! Only complaint we had was the service. After we had ordered, we heard a waiter at another table explaining some specials that had not been mentioned to us. Not a big deal. Other problem was, waitress asked if she could get us another drink. We both declined, and my husband asked for a glass of ice water. The waitress picked up his glass (an expensive bourbon on the rocks that he had not yet finished) and before either of us could say anything, she was gone with his drink! He felt it was a misunderstanding, so wouldn't say anything to her when she returned.......I just bit my tongue. Yes, we should have said something, but the waitress should have asked if he was finished.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is now our new favorite place to dine! So much to love! I'll start with the food. The menu is modern and eclectic with a little something for everyone and the portions/prices are fine. You can choose between a more casual atmosphere and menu in the lounge upstairs (live entertainment!) or a more formal experience on the main level. We went upstairs because I wanted to enjoy the jazz ensemble. We ordered bread service which cam with hummus and tapenade--delish! Also we had oysters in the half shell, and a beef pot pie. We had wine and dessert as well and all was served up by a very accomodating waiter. The ONLY complaint I have at all, and this is really not the fault of the restaurant so much, other than they were not very astute at reading their clientelle, was the seating of 5 gabby women right next to us. We sat right up front so we could hear the music and enjoy it. The table of women were placed right up front next to us and they were, of course, yakking so loudly and totally not into the music at all. They kind of ruined that aspect of the evening for us. But we got over it and on our way out we made reservations for next weekend in the main dining room. Can't wait! The atmosphere and decor are wonderful-- a lot of thought went into the decor. The location is nice on the corner with urban views out of the second story windows. (They could stand a washing, btw.) I felt very good in there and we were treated very well and had a wonderful evening, even if we had to listen to the babbling betties, lol!

1  Thank Mike_and_Debbie
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We like to dine upstairs, versus the lower dining room. The live entertainment is ambient not overpowering, and always enjoyable. Your best bet is to order small plates and share. It may seem pricey, but two-three small plays will have you full. You must try the Mac n cheese, best I've ever had! Service and staff are always on point. Bar staff is very knowledgeable, so ask for recommendations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have visited chefusion (the upstairs lounge) about six or seven times, and I have loved the food! I've tried a variety of the small plates and have absolutely loved everything I've tried! The last time I visited, my boyfriend waited 10 minutes to get his coffee refilled, and took a few times to even get out waitress' attention. After finally getting some service, she spilt a glass of wine and water on him and his jacket. She was snickering as she went and got us a few napkins to try and wipe everything up and she also didn't help us clean anything up. She then told us that they'd offer a complimentary dessert, which was very kind, but since she took such a long time to get back to our table, we needed to leave to make it to our concert on time. We politely told her that we did not have time for dessert because we needed to go, so we kindly asked if she'd be able to take off a $3 app. She rolled her eyes and proceeded with snotty "ok..." I was extremely unimpressed with her attitude and how she handled us as customers. Like I said before, loved the food, but the service sucked!

2  Thank gbpackers701
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Wife and I visited the upstairs lounge. We were interested in the small plates and taste testing a bunch of different items. Ordered the Mac & cheese and the pork belly sliders. Mac and cheese was a very generous portion, also excellent. Makes you remember why kids love it. Pork belly slides were good, you will need to add the Asian slaw and red sauce to make taste better. Portion size was small compared to the Mac and cheese. For desert we have a sweet trio. Everything was amazing except for the cholocate brownie being overly sweet and heavy.

Service was excellent for how busy the place was. The upstairs lounge is nice place. Remember it is seat yourself. So when it is busy do not be afraid to jump to get a table.