“Was expecting better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe' Mario - CLOSED

Caffe' Mario
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Caffe' Mario is not under Mario Gallus italian cooking since march 2012.Caffe' Mario is sold to another type of cusine as south America.Sorry to all of the great customers that i can't let you taste roman italian cusine but I will come back in less then a year in Green Bay again, around july 2013Ciao I miss you all. Mario
Community of Madrid, Spain
“Was expecting better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Went to Caffe Mario for the first time based on the great reviews found here. We made reservations for a Saturday night. When we arrived, we weren't sure we had found the right place. The outside of the building looks like a warehouse. Once inside, the atmosphere was quaint and low-key, if a little underwhelming. We had wine and the bruschetta del papa appetizer. The app was larger than we expected and tasted good, but a bit bland. For entrees, we had spaghetti and meatballs as well as one of the specials - large beef ravioli. Both were good, tasted homemade, but fairly average. For dessert, they were out of tiramisu. We had the cannoli. It was also just ok. The pastry portion was overcooked and dry, but the filling was good and rich. Prices were not bad, considering having wine, appetizer, two entrees and dessert.

Overall, I was expecting to be blown away and that's just not what happened. Maybe I came in with expectations that were too high? It's hard to find good Italian food so we will likely return, but we won't be running back tomorrow.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank MustLoveDogz

Green Bay
“Caffe' Mario a hidden treasure in Green Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

Didn't know the place existed for all the years it's been there. But now that we've tried it, it was fabulous. Friendly people, excellent food.. We'll be back as regulars I'm sure! Excellent appetizers, entrees and desserts. Love it!

6 Thank FOODEE57
Green Bay
“Good food, friendly service, for not a lot of money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

I had one of the specials of lasagna, which was pretty good but didn't blow me away. My fiance had the grouper and that was absolutely delicious. I ended up eating half of that. We also had the tiramisu, and it was awesome. The wait staff was friendly. The only complaint that I would mention is that when our server took our order she went to the kitchen and found that they were out of it. That was a bummer, but when it came time for dessert the same exact thing happened. That was annoying. Overall, I would recommend the place.

4 Thank Rocketj2005
Wisconsin
“Wonderful - Friendly - Best Italian restaurant in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

Caffe' Mario is a special treat. Mario and Virginia greet everyone personally - and always make sure you have a delicious meal. This is true Italian food! The soups are sensational - our favorite is the cauliflower and sausage. Every pasta is excellent! If you have never been there - don't miss it. We love it!

5 Thank Maddie28
Green Bay
“The best food in Green Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

I have been so impressed by Caffe Mario. I was in Rome in March, I have been to the 48 contiguous states, Canada, Mexico and Rome--many of them six or seven times. I have tasted authentic Italian food, and this is it--right here in Wisconsin! You need to experience the complete food orgasm that is Caffee Mario.

4 Thank Nrein