“Great, Modern Hotel”
Review of Aloft Green Bay

Aloft Green Bay
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was very nice, clean and modern. We stayed here with a bunch of friends for a concert and had a great time. It is fairly close to Lambeau Field (approximately 2 miles). I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank abatravel

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Too loud. Had to stay for two nights on business. The elevator was so loud It kept me awake along with the traffic and kids running up and down the hallway. On the second day I asked to be moved. I got moved but with only a little improvement. I could still hear the elevator. If you choose to stay here I would only stay on the 4th floor. Even with that you will still be getting to know your neighbors and the sound of the expressway . I travel a lot and am picky. I learned a good lesson with this one. You get what you pay for I guess. They advertise that you can "stay on the cheap". Also as with any starwood property they are waiting for you and your wallet. You have been warned.............

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The hotel is trendy and in a good location for shopping and eating establishments. Not real convenient to highway. Many reviews talk about the hotel being noisy. I had a top floor room away from elevator so I didn’t encounter too much noise. However, with the way the hotel is made, I can see how that is possible. Very thin walls and doors. Only time I encountered staff was at check-in. Room service is provided but it is from a neighboring restaurant. Food was good but has an 18% delivery charge. I did not have a bad experience but I have had much better at another trendy type hotel in Green Bay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Aloft is totally unexpected, totally chic, totally hip, and totally modern. If you are looking for a spacious room, forget it. If you are looking for a room well designed, and a hotel with great service, this one is for you. Strange location, at least until they finish the development of the waterfront there, but close enough to restaurants, shopping, etc. The atmosphere was lively and fun, with unexpected little perks everywhere. We went for a weekend get away, and the only thing we really were less than thrilled with is that the hallway noise is considerable, especially when rowdy groups are in. We liked it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We won the aloft on a hotwire bid for less than $60 for one night over Spring Break. They said the hotel was completely booked but we did not feel cramped or like it was too busy.

It was definitely a nice hotel for the price we paid. The staff was very nice. The hotel is newer with modern rooms, furniture and flat screen tv. It was an average sized hotel room and they utilized the limited space well w/a good design. It looks like a hip place to stay and hang out at. My 16 year old said it was the "coolest" hotel we've stayed at so far. We had a baby too and we didn't feel out of place at all. There was music that played all night downstairs in the lobby/bar area/lounge area and outside, but it didn't bother us at all. Not sure if the music plays all week or only on weekends (when we stayed). The lounge area had board games and a free pool table available. The pool area was small and the hot tub a normal size, but met our needs. It was a nice place to stay for one night.

The only negatives were that we had an adjoining room and we could hear the people in the other room talking until atleast 5 am. It sounded like they were right in the room with us - paper thin walls! We were rudely awoken at 7 am (had a late night and sleeping in) with a fire alarm telling us to exit the building immediately. We had to pack up all the kids, the baby's items and rush down 4 flights and out the door. Turns out, the cook had set the alarm off with smoke and there was NO EMERGENCY, but no one bothered to tell us. Then, the alarm goes off AGAIN, one hour later. They were not offering guests any form of compensation for the disruptions. Hopefully, this is a one time occurrence and won't happen for future guests.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed here for two nights for the NCAA hockey touranment. Didn't get a chance to use the electronic check in, but I think that's a major plus for hotels in this day in age. The Aloft is very hip and something different from other hotels. That's what made us stay here. We liked the board games in the lobby along with the pool table.

The room was clean and neat. There was visable water damage in a few spots along the wall. Very suprised to see that with it being a newer hotel. Along with other reviewers, the room let a lot of outside noise in. From people walking in the hall to adjcent rooms to the side and above. A lot more than other rooms I have been in. Also we were greeted to fire alarms at 7am. The staff said they always go off due to steam in the kitchen. You would think this would be a priority to get fixed.

Overall it was a good experience, not great, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Also the pool and hot tub is open 24/7 which is nice.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This place is decorated modern and hip but the quality needs serious improvement. The beds are terribly uncomfortable and the rooms are smaller than an average hotel room. They give you two tiny pillows instead of big comfy ones most hotels have in their rooms. Most hotels have blackout curtains for your comfort of being able to sleep without bright light, well at Aloft you only get a thin pull down shade on both of the huge windows that still let most of the light in, so forget comfortably sleeping in. After reading reviews on here I was skeptical about the complaints regarding the severe noise issues and they were right. VERY loud, you can hear ALL of your neighbors and there were children running up and down the halls at all hours. The "hip" bar WXYZ was tiny, I was expecting a separate bar but its just a small lobby bar.

Not at all impressed.