“Cheap, Clean and great location”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Columbus
“Cheap, Clean and great location”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time at this location. The hotel was clean and located within a short walk of many bars & restaurants and the boardwalk along the Fox River. Could use a makeover but at $71 I can overlook that. The hotel is pet friendly which is important to us traveling with two cats. We did not use the indoor pool, spa and game area but it looks great and we may stop here with our grandson next month. Free breakfast was average good in a nice room with a friendly attendant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Bobjames,

Thank you for the review. All of our guest are very important to us. We agree that we need a face lift. Starting in June, 20 of our rooms are being closed for painting, new furniture and lighting. This process of renovating rooms will continue over the next three years till all 89 rooms are finished. During this time all our guests can expect great service and exceptional cleaning.
Hope to see you again soon.
Deborah McAllister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was up for a conference in Green Bay, and I decided to stay at this hotel. I read the reviews before going, so I was expecting the place to be outdated and not fancy. I was right, and that was ok. This place might be a bit outdated, but it is VERY clean. I checked in later in the evening, and the front desk guy was very nice, friendly and informative. He gave me info on restaurants and stuff in the surrounding area. I didn't need this information, but that was nice that he gave it to me. The room was simply decorated, nothing fancy. It had a mini fridge and a microwave which I thought was pretty cool. The room was very clean. It was also facing the street, and I was afraid there would be a lot of traffic noise, but there wasn't. I did wander around the hotel, and the pool area is the best pool area I have ever seen. Very clean and nice. Great place for a pool party! I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but I was impressed by this area of the hotel. I slept well. They have a variety of food for breakfast. They have hot items such as sausage, eggs, eggs with peppers and onions. The lady who checked me out at the front desk was very friendly and nice. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JenniferK549
deborahquality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Jennifer,
Thank so much for your review. Your satisfaction is very important to all of us at the Quality Inn & Suite Downtown Green Bay.
Starting in April we will be updating some of our rooms, new curtains, lighting, accent walls and much more over the next 3 years.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Deborah McAllister
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I used to come here quite a bit when I was a child when the place was a Best Western. It seems like the hotel has aged a bit, although the place was nice. The pool area is great. There is a seven foot pool and a 2 foot wading pool. The hot tub is pretty big and there is a little fountain in the center of it. Although I was saddened to see the fountain was not working when I was there.

It is a nice place for a family with kids who like to swim.

Room Tip: Check an online travel site for prices. I paid $120 after taxes, and then I looked online after chec...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gasb107
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear gasb107,
Thank you for visiting the Quality Inn & Suites of Downtown Green Bay.
I am glad to hear you still enjoy your visits after so many years.
We will continue to make upgrades to the hotel. Last year we added new carpet and new 37" HD televisions. This year we will start adding new lighting, curtains and painting.
Thanks again for your comments.
Deb McAllister
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve. Hotel is outdated, but clean and maintained considering age. Beds were very comfy and I liked pillows, only thing is that pillows were very small and double queen beds were actually not queens but more like fulls. Proximity to St Brendan's, where we were going was great, right across street. Hotel is overpriced, we paid about $125 after taxes. Breakfast was good and included hot and cold items.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank KElizabethD
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is very important to us.
Over the next three years we will be making many improvements to our hotel.
As for the beds they are Serta Prefect Sleepers as required by Choice Hotels.
Thank you again for taking time to help us do a better job.
DOUSMAN
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting daughters at college. The hotel is older but appears to be well maintained and clean. The beds were comfortable but the sofa bed was broken. The pool is inside and our room was a balcony over looking the pool area. The kids loved it. The room did have a bad odor, like rotting food, that seemed to come from the sink in the kitchen area. The other issue we had was the tub was slow to drain, when I called to report it I was told every one had let for the day. I did not eat at the free breakfast but my husband and son did and they had no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KAREN K
Dear Karen,
Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to all the staff at the Quality Inn and Suites in Downtown Green Bay.
Since your visit we have reminded our housekeeping staff at our monthly meeting how important it is to stop and smell the room.
I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We will do all we can to make sure your next stay is more enjoyable.
Thanks again
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel for one night; many hotels in GB make you stay 2 nights minimum when team is in town but not this one. No thrills room which did the job for us; I think it's a couple miles from the stadium.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mauriciogiankana
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment.
We appreciate our guest taking time to tell us how we are doing.
Deb