“o.k place to stay if you have pets, but could use some housekeeping improvements...”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a few days, during our stay in Green Bay. The second floor is for guests with pets. It smelled like urine and other unpleasant odors. Definitely would recommend a serious cleaning of carpets and such. It was hot, and our adjoining a/c did not work. A call to the front desk , and we were changed into new rooms, but the a/c was still not the best. Although, the location is nice, close to the fox river walkway, and some nice restaurants. The pool area was nicer than the rooms... The handsoap dispenser was empty in our bathroom, and the so-called continental breakfast is only til 9:00 a.m.,it was disappointing. My family and I would probably not stay there again, unless improvements were made.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Carolyn,
Thank you for your comments.
We have noticed a carpet problem and by the end of the year plan to have all the carpet replaced in the hotel.
As for the pet rooms we are going to limit seven rooms for pets. We hope that limiting the number of rooms will help us manage problem areas sooner.
I am sorry the breakfast hours were not convenient for you. We try to reach as many guests as we can.
Thanks again for all your comments. We will make this a better place to visit.
Deborah McAllister

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a very nice older motel. It is right on the river walk, close to many bars and pubs for night life. This was our second stay, at the request of the kids, they love the pool and the hotel room. This time we reserved a suite and it was very comfortable. The pool area is sometimes hot but the room a/c keeps the room comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. The staff was great. It is an easy drive to Bay Beach and other activities. We stayed 2 nights and will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here using our Choice Hotels Reward Points for one night. This is an old hotel. On the plus side, the hotel, lobby and rooms, is clean. The rooms are spacious. It's also conveniently located downtown although the downtown area now is in a state of renovation with many of its old buildings being torn down along with some of its streets. Like many old cities, it appears that all the shopping opportunities are in the malls outside the city, i.e. most of it out beyond the Packers' stadium. The front desk people, especially the lady on duty during the day were quite helpful. Our room was right next to the pool which might have been the reason for a bit of a "musty" smell. As for the pool itself, although we didn't use it, I can see why this hotel would be ideal for families as it was quite spacious with plenty of room also outside the pool for lounging and even a large area it appeared for parties. Even though we were right next to the pool, it was very quiet after 9:00PM. The included breakfast offered was especially enjoyable, biscuts and gravy, along with bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruit, coffee and juice, etc. Over all, I'd recommend this hotel for couples with children who are looking for an inexpensive yet comfortable and clean place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

A friendly check-in experience was followed with dis-appointment when I find my non-smoking queen room "rather smokey". The hotel manager immediately intervened and with gracious apologies upgraded me to a rather spacious and quiet king room. Eventhough the property is 20+ years old (I was told), the exterior and lobby appear new and updated. Some sections of the large hotel show age, but well taken care off. The cavernous indoor pool and jacuzzi space invite to relaxation. This downtown hotel is situated close to the river - and diagonal accross from the Fox Harbor Pub and Grill - which will service your grub and brew needs nicely while watching the sun set. A fine dining establishment is close by too. Gas stations, convenience stores, grocers, etc. are a bit of a drive - alas, this is downtown Green Bay. Breakfast is served a la styrofoam, with plenty variety of hot and cold foods. Service was efficient in replenishing the buffet. The manager (apparently working mornings to evenings) took care of her guests personally. At check-out time, I discovered a $1.50 daily fee for having a safe in my room. I am glad I did not get charged extra for carpet, chair, towels ..... oh well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed at the Quality Inn in early May - room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom fixtures are a bit aged, but were clean. Bed was comfortable, and even though I was right off the parking lot near the lobby the building was quiet. Didn't check out the pool, but the WiFi worked well. Breakfast included some hot items (scrambled eggs,sausage, and waffles) as well as cold cereal - certainly adequate for the price of the rooms. The location is on the edge between downtown and a neighborhood of grand, historic homes. A bit out of the way for travelers and those heading to a Packer game but Green Bay is not all that big, and traffic isn't that bad. All in all a good value and worth the stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Happyrocker
Reviewed April 30, 2012

After a long drive from Chicago it was nice to arrive to very welcoming staff and a lovely room.
The room was very spacious and had everything we could have needed. Little touches make a difference, like the soap dispensers in the bathroom.
Breakfast was great! Im pretty sure this was included in our nightly rate (stayed a while ago)
Our room was near the pool and we had a great view. Was slightly noisy at times but nothing we couldnt handle.
My husband had fun in the games room while i tendered the laundry which made life easy.
Only downfall i can remember is i think we only had wifi access in the main foyer, not in our rooms. This could have been a big help. But they had computers in the wifi area for us to use.
Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjKovacs
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My first trip to Green Bay was for a conference, and this hotel is in a great location relative to the conference center, a few places to dine, and even a nearby place to sample wine. A nice nearby attraction is the Neville Museum. Lambeau Field is an easy drive (not too many streets involved, unless you get lost like I did because I was too busy admiring historic homes instead of watching street signs). When I checked in, it was crowded and yet the staff--especially Ana--were helpful and focused on each customer. Although a bit dated, everything was clean, and the breakfast buffet had a nice assortment of hot and cold items.

Room Tip: It's noisy by the pool area, which is expected.