“Ate at the bar and it was great”
Review of Republic Chophouse

Republic Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Republic Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 484 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cherry Street, Pine Street, Walnut Street
Description: Republic Chophouse is the ultimate in steakhouse dining with steak, seafood, chops, casual bar food, and decadent desserts. The moment you walk into our restaurant you know you're in for something different. We are redefining the urban steakhouse with a departure from the "stuffy boy's club" and a swan dive into the energized world of stimulating cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Our "no problem" philosophy promises the very best in food, service, and atmosphere. Join the Republic.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We wandered down for a quick bit without a reservation and we got seated at the bar where we ordered salads and appetizers and it was perfect. One of the exec's from the Packers was also sitting at a table in the bar. Good food. If you want a real table, get a reservation!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

First of all the prices are not too high but they are kind of expensive for the food they are offering. Ambiance is not great, just normal, waiters are ok.
I could come back, if i had too, but keeping in mind that I would not feel comfortable paying.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had heard great things, but ended up going for the mutual anniversary we share with our daughter and son in law... everything was so excellent! We had to eat early because 4:30 was the only time we could get in...but that was perfect...no one was rushed. Our waiter was so helpful and when they saw a card, which meant an occasion...the most delightful Red velvet cake showed up! We loved it and we'll be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My biggest problem with this place is that despite the fact they charge "prime steak" prices they do not serve Prime steak.
They are charging the same prices for their non-prime steaks as the big steakhouses in Chicago and NY charge for real Prime steak and it's not even close.
The most amazing part is that people in Green Bay pay it gladly so they can tell everyone they went to the chophouse. They must be making a fortune at that place.

I love a good steak. I've eaten at great steak houses many times in Chicago and also in New York among other places. I would expect a place with "Chophouse" in it's name to have a great steak. It's not even a very good steak. Very disappointed.

I do like the atmosphere and the bar is good.

1  Thank jnbtgb
Mark H, General Manager at Republic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at Republic. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Chef and all the staff. We work very hard to maintain the quality of our food and service. I am sorry that your visit with us was to the contrary.

At any rate, I appreciate your taking the time to post this review. It is important for us to be aware of problems so we have the opportunity to improve. I will definitely address this review with the Chef, owners, and management team. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

-Mark

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Living in Downtown offers many varieties of cuisine and atmosphere. Republic Chophouse is an impressive addition and is a hidden gem because if it were not for my family bringing it to our attention we would have missed it. The minimally, tastefully decorated, dining and social areas draws its customers to be seated to fit the mood. We were greeted by the manager and because it was our wedding anniversary they took the time to mention this as well as all their staff that we encountered. Our server, Nick, was engaging and customized our meal to fit our eating experience since we wanted to sample everything. Food presentation is everything and speaks to the Chef that prepares the meal It definitely was a indicator of what was to follow which is a delicious rendering of various meats, seafood, soups, salads. and desserts, There was so much food I am glad that my husband and I split an entre and because now I am looking for the doggie bag that I could have had today. Prices are high for some, but for those that are able to afford this establishment it is the place for business, pleasure, socializing, and for celebrating old and new beginnings for Green Bay.