“Been Away To Long”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
“Been Away To Long”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

My wife and son were on the last leg of our tip home in Michigan and stayed here for our last night. We have not been up here for some time and after one night I said to myself "Why didn't we stay here for two nights?" I booked this online as I usually do and when I got to the hotel check in was a breeze did not take 5 minutes. Amanda the front desk manager once again took very good care of us, being a Gold Points Member does have it perks (Thank you Amanda). I hung out at Parcel's Lounge for a while and had some soup and a beer or two, the staff went out of there way to get me my favorite "Corn Soup". When at this hotel I always have corn soup it's the best.

My wife went to play at the attached Casino and I let my son play in the "In Room" whirlpool, I ordered room service and I think his name was Michael; he remembered what I usually get when I order. Needless to day I was impressed! The Sleep Number bed was just great I always sleep well on one along with the great bedding.

This hotel is like a one stop location for a nice get away, it has a pool, casino, multiple restaurants, lounge (Live bands on the weekends), and many rooms for meetings or even a concert. Everything is connected the only thing missing here is a spa as I do like my massages.

I will be booking another room real soon...

Room Tip: Being a Gold Points member will get you the best b
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sjroach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Aurora, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for our 20th anniversary so we wanted it to be special and romantic. We called early in the morning to reserve a room that did NOT have a sleep number bed because we couldn't sleep on them. We were told "No problem, we have a room with a regular king size bed reserved for you." When we walked into our room, it was very nice but it had a sleep number bed. We immediately called the front desk and were told to come back down and they'd give us a different room. When we got to the front desk we were told they didn't have any regular beds left, the only room left was a handicapped accesible room. The woman at the front desk quickly gave us the key and walked away. We were totally disgusted with this room. The toilet was built up, there was only a hand held shower wand in the shower, a big shower chair sitting right in the middle of the bathroom, the chair in the room was so old and hard you couldn't sit in it and the office chair by the desk was from the 1980's and the bed was hard as a rock. All the other motels in the area were booked so we had no choice but to stay. I went back to the front desk and told them how disgusted we were. They gave us $25 off the room rate and threw some coupons at me and walked away. So much for a romantic evening!!!

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tkenny42
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

I have attended 2 wedding receptions here. The first reception was a disaster. 8 people got food poisoning. The bride selected chicken , but at the last minute the packers decided to have an event there, so they got the chickens that were supposed to be for the wedding. So the kitchen decided to try & quickly cook chickens for the wedding guests. Mine was pink so I refused to eat it, and had them bring me a salad. After finding out 8 guests got sick, she refused to pay the remained of her bill. This was over 10 years ago, so when I was invited to another wedding there, I was looking forward to seeing if they have changed. First of all, the reception was to start at 5. At 5:30 the staff was still setting up the bars and wouldn't allow anyone in the room. I saw a few people come from the swimming pool & walk right into the room. I asked whom they were with & they said- oh we are just checking it out. The rooms are not very private- very easy for anyone to just pop into your wedding. The food has not changed much at all. Although nobody got sick this time, veryone at my table who had beef complained that it was raw. My chicken was okay, but the sauce they had on it was awful. Iy was some odd cinnamon & cranberry glaze- just really sweet & strange. The apps were gross, except for a spinach one which was actually quite good. The drinks were too expensive, and watered down. Overall, I would stay at the hotel, but think twice before having a wedding here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank nosilla
L'Anse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

Have stayed here several timesand have been treated well. However on this stay we were to leave next day to fly to Maimi on vacation. We were able to park our vehicle in their rear parking lot till our return a week later. We had a family medical emergancy which would delay our return, we called them to extend our parking privilage, they were very kind considerate and said it would be no problem. Upon our return a week later I asked them how much I owed for the extened parking to which the responce was nothing (00$) Now you can't get any better treatment that. Thanks.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

The stay at the Green bay Radisson on November 12th - 14th 2010.
me and my wife did not enjoy the beds as they have the sleep number beds and we had a king size bed and was unsuccessful of finding our number to be comfortable and our backs have been hurting ever since.
the wireless internet connection had a very poor signal and took time to get from page to page. ( only had one bar of signal and sometimes none ) the hotel stops their complimentary coffee at 6:30 in the morning and from there on you are charged for the coffee from either going to the restaurant or their cafe / gift shop. my wife was charged an additional $50.00 because she used a visa bank card / debt card for our stay.the Casino was ok but really enjoyed the restaurant on premises which was connected to a bar on the other side of the wall and had great food and or prices but we do not plan on attending ever again this hotel. Our room number was 1402 in tower one. the room was clean but there was nothing spectacular about the room which includes on how the towels were in the bathroom with no special folds or presentation which me and my wife expect from staying at a Radisson hotel as we have higher expectations do to the fact it's a Radisson hotel compared to other hotels or motels for that matter.We plan on sharing this information with others and telling others about our experience and would like for you and others to pass along my review of the Radisson Hotel in Green Bay Wisconsin.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
kenosha wis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

The hotel it self wasn't all that bad, but the bed's sucked. My husband and I couldn't find are own sleep number at all the both nights that we stayed.If you want free coffee forget it. The only time you can get free coffee
is before 6:30a.m.What kind of thing is that? If you
use a debt card watch out they get you with extra charges, and it takes two weeks for it to come back on your card that's if you get it back all. As far as the internet gos forget it we had a hard time with it. It only gave us one bar on my husbands computer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Iron Mountain, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

We went to see a concert and stayed there for convienence. What an excellent idea the turned out to be. This motel was better than most we have stayed at in Vegas. The staff was accomadating and friendly. We received coupons for drinks, food, money off our next stay and credits for the casino connected to the motel. Clean. Sleep number beds (WHAT FUN!!) HD TV's. I could go on and on. A little pricier that other motels in the area but with all the extras it's definately worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple