“greatest stay ever...”

Wisconsin
“greatest stay ever...”
Reviewed July 27, 2007

this was a dream!
i loved the hotel elevators...they said smile on the door. great, made me smile that its more than just ads.
anyways. i was just staying here to try Hotwire's service for the first time. the rates are pretty good, and ended up with a wonderful hotel. where to begin? first the hotel was very clean and by far exceeded my expectations of only a 2.5 star hotel on their website. the pool looked nice, i didn't go swimming in it. i went up to the room, thought the bed was looking a bit lumpy, but that was only the comforter. the bed was incredibly soft, and the pillows were like my dream! the bathroom was very clean and neat, all the furniture and things were kept up in the room. the most dissapointing thing that could have gone wrong was that the room was a smoking room, however the hotel tried to provide the best service available. i didn't mind it though. the bed was well accomadating as a king for 2 adults.
the continental breakfast was amazing. they offered really really good food including eggs, sausage, biscuits, and so much more. this was a really enjoyable stay and it was quite affordable. i would highly reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2007

A friend booked this hotel for two couples and did not specify what type of room we required. When you book this hotel you MUST specify or you will get stuck with the tiny room we were given. When we arrived, we discovered that our room had only one double bed (but looked like a super single) - not condusive to a good night's sleep for two older adults. When I asked to have a different room, I was told the hotel was sold out and that was what we got - even though we booked three weeks in advance and checked in at 3:30 (others checked in after us.) The room was so small that there wasn't room to add a cot and the chair was not an option for a good night's rest. A single traveller, two anorexics, or a honeymoon couple (with very little luggage) might have been able to sleep and stay in this room, but two "healthy-sized" older adults might NOT be comfortable - I know I felt claustraphobic. The hotel boasts that if you are not satisfied then the room is free - not only was it not free, but we were not given any sort of satisfaction - the upshot was that we changed hotels - and the front desk clerk was very unpleasant about it - but did not charge us - how could she, we used nothing in the room.

I must admit the room decor was attractive, but I could never have been comfortable in its cramped quarters. So do yourself a favor and make sure you specify what type of room you require. I am sure that other rooms might have been nice, but they didn't give me a chance to find out. The attitude of the staff did not make up for the poor accomodation and I will not choose this hotel another time - in fact, I will be ultra cautious when booking a Hampton anywhere else.

Prior to staying here, we had just stayed at the Courtyard St. Mary's in Rochester Minnesota. I guess that's why this hotel was such a huge disappointment - cramped accomodations and poor service from the front desk staff - so different than the Courtyard.

Our friends were given a room with two double beds and were satisfied with their accomodations so - I guess it was just the tiny room that we were given that was a problem for us....but trust me - you don't want this room unless you are travelling solo.

• Liked — Didn't stay long enough to find out.
  • Disliked — The small, cramped room with only one double bed.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank ThunderBay-Traveller
jeffgb75, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, July 30, 2007
We apprecitae the feedback and take all of our comments seriously. On the week the you did stay with us, it was a very busy week due to EAA (Oskosh Fly-in) and with many guests staying 5-7 nites we unfortunately did not have the capacity to do many room type changes. Therefore it is important that you do specify the room type and the number of adults that are staying in the room. Basically all of our rooms are the same size, with room for a cot but yes our single double bed bedrooms are just a bit smaller just because it does have the one double bed. As far as the service from the front desk, I do apologize as we do strive for excellence in service in all parts of the hotel. I will definetely be looking into this situation . I will encourage that anyone who is traveling to Green Bay whether for business or leisure to contact me to address any concerns you might have. My email address is jmrozinski@ncghotels.com.
Milwaukee WI Area
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Green Bay WI Hampton Inn 12/31/06,
Stayed overnite at this Hampton located alongside Highway 41 among other well known hotels. Easy to find, found the staff to be very friendly, the breakfast quite good and the room, the most important part to be top notch. Hampton seems to have realized the stay is all about cleanliness and "the bed". Both items were first class. The King bed is outstanding, several very good pillows and a comforter, crisp sheet combination to die for...and the place was quiet, realize it was 12/31 a normally slow time but there were plenty of guests so spontaneous frivolity could break out at any time...but it didn't. Very handy to Green Bay things to do, you should stay here.

• Liked — Clean and the room/bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — stay there
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJTee
Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Where do I begin?? This hotel is right near Bay Park Square Mall, tons of restaurants within walking distance... and Lambeau Field. How can you go wrong with the location?? The rooms are above average to say the least.... the king size bed we had was wonderful! It was super tall and soft.... they just remodeled there... plus it comes with a large white downcomforter.... very clean, as i am a very picky hotel person!! Im always checking the beds for hairs... or other "stuff" you might find, but this hotel is by far the cleanest one in Green Bay!! Good luck waking up in the morning, you wont want to leave. The breakfast is great as well. My husband enjoyed the biscuts and gravy, as I just had a blueberry muffin, very fresh. The pool is rather small but clean.... there is a hot tub as well. I will only stay at this hotel for future reference to the GB area... its #1 in my book :)

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — small pool
  • Tips/Secrets — call ahead early they are booked often
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank angelanmu
New York, NY
Reviewed April 7, 2006

This was a very clean and comfortable hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful wih directions. Free wi-fi in the room worked well. Complimentary breakfast was plentiful. The treadmill in the fitness room was broken, the only minor flaw in the otherwise good stay. National chain restaurants, retailers, and the airport are very nearby. The highway is close by, and downtown is a 10 minute drive away. It was a good base for a business trip.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank prnyc
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 24, 2005

I've stayed at Hampton Inns before and have always enjoyed my stay, but this is probably the best one of them all. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but everything seemed to be a notch above a normal Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The public areas and the room both looked great. Free wireless Internet, supposedly just in the lobby area, but I was able to connect from my room on the second floor.

The location is fantastic, just off of Oneida and only a mile from Lambeau Field. There's a mall down the street and many good dining choices are close by. If you're looking for a great place to stay in Green Bay, this is it.

• Stayed March 2005