“Excellent as usual”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent as usual”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Hampton by far is the hotel I try to use the most-and I have yet to regret it.This one the staff was very friendly and helpful.The room was immaculate and the bed was perfect after 14 hours straight on the road.Lots of places to go within walking distance as well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for the great review. Hampton Inn has a reputation for being consistently great, and I glad that we exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with my staff and hung a copy of it on our "brag board". See you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Holmen
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Spent two days at this property. Everything was in good condition and enjoyed the stay. Would have been nice to have refrigerator in room, was advised at check out they did have some available but I didn't ask soon enough. Was also advised there would be upgrades to this property in near future and that was part of the upgrade plan.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hi Mike. Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad that my staff was able to explain our refrigerator situation. When we renovated the last time, there was no room for a fridge. That said, I purchased over 20 for our guests to use on a first come, first served basis. The next time that you stay with us, please request one when you make your reservation. Regards, Lawry Larson
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night with another family. Check-in was fast, and when we realized the rest of our family was on another floor we asked to be switched so that we wouldn't have kids going up and down in the elevators between rooms. Briar, the clerk on duty, made the change without any problems. Later in the evening, our group ordered food in and ate in the dining area in the lobby. Briar was very accommodating when we realized our restaurant didn't provide enough forks. He provided excellent customer service with each one of our small requests. He helped to make us feel like welcome guests.

In addition to Briar's customer service, all the staff who we encountered were friendly - even the maintenance guy. They all walked around with smiles and greetings. We needed to be up early for a youth triathlon and we were excited to find that the breakfast was open prior to the posted hours. We came back to our room after the event to check out and we were still treated to smiles and friendly greetings even though it was 11:30 and I am sure they were anxious to get the room cleaned for the next guests.

The hotel room was well appointed, but as other guests noted, there are no microwaves or refrigerators. This wasn't an issue for us as we were only staying for one night. The air conditioner worked well, and it was easy to control the temperature. The pool area was clean with plenty of tables and loungers for guests to spread out.

We would definitely stay here again if we need to stay for a night in Green Bay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wow, thanks for the GREAT review. It looks like we exceeded all of your expectations. Briar is an outstanding staff member who truly understands great customer service. I look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson
Ham Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location right near Lambeau field with many restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and they made their breakfast early for those us running the Green Bay Marathon! I would definitely stay here again if in the Green Bay area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Sarah, thank you for your feedback and the review. I hear, on a regular basis, how friendly and helpful my staff is, and I am very lucky to have them. We have hosted the Cellcom Marathon for several years and continually learn what both the runners and families look for. This year, it was changing our breakfast hours. If you can think of anything else, please let me know. See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was in a good location, the staff was very friendly and the entrance and lobby area were very clean. I didn't eat the breakfast or swim in the pool but both looked very clean. I thought it was a bit high in price, but because it was an event weekend and so close to Lambeau I guess that is what you pay - good hotel, I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Green Bay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle, thank you for your feedback and the review. I hear, on a regular basis, how friendly and helpful my staff is. I absolutely agree and am very lucky to be in such a great position. We have a "Brag Board" in the employee break room, and I have printed and posted a copy of your review. See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Green Bay while I was in town for the marathon. The hotel staff was great, having our room ready when we arrived and allowed for a late check out after the marathon. The staff was knowledgeable about the marathon event, knew great places to eat, etc.

The morning staff had the breakfast buffet open and ready 1 hour before the 'regular' time to accommodate the marathoners.

Will stay here on my next visit to Green Bay!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi,Kevin. Thank you for your nice feedback. We host the Cellcom marathon every year and always learn something new. This year we opened our breakfast early and kept it open late. We received a lot of great comments with this change. See you next year. Lawry Larson
Harvard, IL
Reviewed May 27, 2014

As with all Hampton's we've stayed at, this is a nice, quiet hotel. The facility and our room was as spotless as we've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

The staff was courteous, but I always find it strange to have to give them my credit card even though I am paying cash for the room. But this seems to be their policy and not a big deal, just odd.

The breakfast was the usual hotel hot breakfast - waffles, oatmeal, some type of breakfast meat (sausage) and either eggs or in our case, french toast, pastries, cereal, etc. It was plentiful and hot, so no complaints.

As stated above, the room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was great, plenty of hot water and pressure for the two of us. It is an older facility, so there is some wear showing - the mirrors in the bathroom are missing some of the silver backing and should really be replaced.

I do have a few "complaints" about the room - there are no fridges or microwaves in any room. This is something I've come to expect to be available in the nicer hotels. The other complaint is that there is no table to sit at. There is a small desk, but we tend to picnic in our room and we could not both sit at the desk at the same time (only one chair) and I'm not a fan of eating from my lap on the bed or in the armchair. What surprised me about the lack of table/chairs is the fact that our room had plenty of space to put one.

There also was no place to set my purse except on the floor - the large dresser/TV stand was pretty much taken up with the ice bucket tray and TV. Yes, there is a folding luggage stand in the closet, but it only holds one piece of luggage; we usually have two duffel bags and a laptop case.

All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, but I think I would stay elsewhere just because of the lack of expected amenities. If not having a fridge or microwave or a table in your room doesn't bother you, then I would still recommend this hotel. It DOES still have the traditional Hampton quality of cleanliness and courtesy.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room facing the rear of the hotel (view of the pool roof), so no complaints abo...