“Very good value and friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in GB during a business trip this week, and since I'm a Hilton guy I usually stay at their hotels where I can. This hotel is conveniently located close to Hwy 41 across the river from downtown GB and close to De Pere as well. The staff is professional and friendly, the rooms are clean and comfy, and breakfast was solid as usual. I didn't check out the fitness room this trip, but it seemed to be well-equipped and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face Hwy 41 and it is quite audible through the window. If you want a more qu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review and for giving us such high marks. It is much appreciated.

I want to let you know that we're aware of the noise problem with Hwy 41. As the highway construction continues the noise levels increase. We spent $50,000.00 in December, 2012 to replace all highway side guest room windows with a sound proof window. These are similar to what you'd find at an airport hotel. We have received very few negative comments since the replacement, so I sincerely appreciate the feedback. Lawry Larson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We chose it based upon previous Hampton experience and price. The good location was a plus. We were pleased on all accounts. The price was very good compared to other properties in the area. The room was quite modern and in great condition. A refrigerator would make it better. We had to ask for more towels (just two were in the room). Bed was a little soft. Hampton breakfasts are always good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HemlockHill12
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thanks for your review of the hotel. I’m glad that you chose us based on previous Hampton experiences. When we renovated the hotel there wasn't enough room to put a refrigerator in the room. However, I purchased approximately 20 refrigerators that are available at no charge to our guests on a first come, first served basis. When you make your reservation, please ask the reservationist for a fridge. It will be in your room when you arrive. Regards, Lawry Larson

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for a no frills weekend getaway. We were sorely disappointed that there was no fridge in our room, so we had to make one out of the bathroom sink and some ice. Staff was helpful and gave us directions as well as coupons for a local restaurant. Pool and hot tub were well maintained and the pool stayed open until midnight! (Adult swim after 10pm). We tried out the fitness center as well... minimal but it fit our needs. Bed was very comfortable, but the room was a bit small. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diltsify

Thanks for your great critique of the hotel. I appreciate all of your comments. When we renovated the hotel there wasn't enough room to put a refrigerator in the room. Having decided that, I purchased approximately 20 refrigerators available at no charge to our guests on a first come, first served basis. I'm happy to see that you're coming back to stay with us again. When you make your reservation, please ask the reservationist for a fridge. It will be in your room when you arrive. Regards, Lawry Larson

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms are not well insulated. I thought noise from a TV was next door when it was from across the hall. We complained several times about banging of doors and drawers. Staff tried to help but the walls have no insulation so it's a losing battle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victoria C

Hi Victoria. I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations, and in particular the noise from the other rooms. To be honest, I have never received any negative feedback about the walls being poorly insulated. In checking, it looks like you were in a room that has a door connecting it to the room next door. It's possible that this could have been the source of the noise. Please contact me personally when you come back to Green Bay, and I'll make sure that you are in a room that will exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Lawry Larson.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

You will be impressed with hotel and staff. Larry the manager introduced himself at breakfast in the morning, hotel was clean and neat. Staff was very helpful. I will now be staying at this hotel on a regular basis because of my past experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Perry F

Hi Perry. Thanks for the great feedback and comments. I'm glad that we had a chance to meet and discuss your stay. I'm also glad to see that you have decided to become one of our "regulars". I look forward to seeing you the next time that you stay with us. Regards, Lawry Larson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We recently stayed here for the first time on our way back from Florida. Best hotel experience in a long time. Expect friendly staff who are willing to go the extra mile for your comfort. Expect comfortable beds with great linens. And expect great breakfast selections and coffee. Next time our travels bring us to Green Bay, this Hampton Inn will be our choice.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank FirstMateMarquette
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay with us. However, it looks like you may have come back from Florida a little too early. This is the Winter that just keeps on giving. That being said, we'll see you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

About three or four times a year my wife and I come to Green Bay , Wi. to a get a way called the Wildlife Sanctuary. Always looking for a place to stay while in Green Bay, with a reasonable rate, I tried the Hampton Inn. Found it to be a Great Place, Great Price and Great Service. It will be our home away from home hereafter. Excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dennis C
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hi Dennis. Thanks for your kind remarks regarding our hotel. My wife and I take our kids to events at the Wildlife Sanctuary throughout the year and I agree, it is a great family experience. As you found out, it is also a pretty quick drive from the Hampton. See you next time that you're in Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson, General Manager.