“Home Away from Home”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have spent 40-50 hotel nights at this Hampton Inn for the last three years (yes 150 hotel nights). The rooms are very clean and the entire property is well kept. The breakfast is very good, the quality of the fresh fruit is a real pleasant surprise. The breakfast is generally out very early (before 5 am) which is convenient for early flights. The in-hotel gym is small but adequate, with free weights treadmill, stepper and bike. The staff is always very pleasant and accomodating. The wireless connectivity has been good, the bandwidth has seemed to improve over the years. The rooms have 2 year old 32 inch flat screens with a very extensive cable service. It is convenient to the airport (less than 10 minutes) and there are a few restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel.

There are very few negatives, the rooms on the highway side (odd numbered) tend to be a little noisy and the rooms do not have speakerphones which would be useful for conference calls.

I think this hotel is a great value for the money, the staff are exceptional and very nice. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Don M
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hi Don. What can I say to top your review, besides a heart felt "THANKS". We are working on replacing the windows on the highway side with a new sound proof window. I've had one in room 409 for about a month, and the results in noise reduction have been amazing.

See you next time, and next time and next time....

Regards,

Lawry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Newberry, Michigan
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is our third stay at this Hampton and have been pleased each time. Staff has always been more than accomodating. The last time we arrived a little earlier than expected and were immediately given one of the two rooms we had booked; the other wasn't ready, but within an hour and a half we were in the other room. Rooms have always been very clean and welcoming. Bathroom lighting is on the dim side, but tolerable. Breakfasts have been good. Definitely will continue staying here. Staff we have had contact with is a plus to the business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BonnieSwanson
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hi Bonnie. It's so nice to hear from one of our "regulars". I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again and again. Regards, Lawry Larson
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Some people who travel a lot don't like to share a great experience when it comes to hotel stays (they may think, "Why share my gold with anyone else"), but here goes:

The only thing I found troubling with Hampton Inn Green Bay was its location. You may pass it up the first time if you are not able to read a very small street sign for Ramada Way. However, if you get pass that, the stay is well worth it! Set back against the major throughfare, this hotel does its very best to make you feel at home and welcome. With all the criteria that makes a hotel stay worth repeating, I cannot (and do not) find another its equal. I use Hampton for both business and pleasure with their affordable rates and friendly staff.

At the risk of having them booked up solid by satisfied customers the next time I travel, I highly recommend using Hampton Inns.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AskBioman
Thanks for this amazing review. I love it when we hit a home run, and it sounds like we did it with you. See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson
Ishpeming
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Bay and very happy with our choice. My flight to Green Bay was running about 1-1/2 hours late so I contacted the front desk and asked that they allow my daughter to check in early since she was 'waiting' for my arrival. They were gracious enough to let this happen even without her presenting a credit card (it was on file though). And since she was hungry she asked for a pizza delivery recommendation and it was GREAT! I have stayed here before and found the staff very friendly and the cleanliness of the rooms is great! My favorite is the extra comfortable beds and the fact that the duvets are cleaned all the time (not just when looking dirty). Our room was on the highway side however the noise was not bad at all. One thing to note is the lighting in the bathroom is very dull/dim. It lit up the longer the lights were on but made it very tough at first. The breakfast area was very busy and the staff did a great job keeping everything supplied.

Overall this hotel is very clean, very quiet and well worth the money - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mlthomas66
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thanks for your very kind words regarding your stay at the Hampton Green Bay. My staff loves to look at the reviews and I think that you covered just about everyone! It's nice to know that we exceeded your expectations, and I hope to see you the next time that you're in Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson.
Michigan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We selected this Hampton Inn for one night in Green Bay. We liked that it had a non-smoking policy in the entire hotel. Then we learned that they used to have smoking but in July all of the hotels in Wisconsin were legally required to be smoke free. Our room was not smoky and we were glad. It was kind of cramped for a Hampton and various areas were showing wear. We got in rather late and just before going to bed learned that the toilet was having "issues". We called the front desk and they came to fix it but it was a hassle at that hour. It is a Hampton with a good bed so our sleep was good during that night. We were up and out early so did not take advantage of breakfast that morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn. Even though the entire State of Wisconsin went non smoking in July, 2011, we have been a non smoking hotel since 2008. I have gotten many positive comments regarding this change. I hope that we get to see you in Green Bay in the future. It is a great city to visit. Lawry Larson, General Manager
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose the hotel due to tripadvisor ratings. A nice touch is the freshly laundered Duvet cover on the bed for every guest. There's little note on the headboad telling you its been done just for you. Windows opened to let in fresh air if you chose to do so. We did. They are locked in many hotels. Room was clean and spacious and A\C worked well. Breakfast was about the same as most Hamptons. TV channels were in HD. In many hotels they have never TVs with an analog picture which looks like TV from the 50's-not here, crystal clear HD. Close to Lambeau field. Would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: Freshly laundered duvet covers are a plus. How many times have you looked at bedspread in a hotel an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hi Roger. Thanks so much for your Trip Advisor review. Sounds like we really hit it out of the park and exceeded your expectations. I've noticed that more and more people stay with us and then "day trip" to Door County. It is really easy to get to the Door Peninsula since Hwy 57 is four lane all the way to Sturgeon Bay. See you next time. Lawry Larson, General Manager
Indiana
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here with our Hilton Honors points! Very close to Lambeau Field! There is a lot of road construction from the hotel to Lambeau Field. (August 2012) The room was very clean! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was better than average with a lot of room. Enjoyed the upgrades to the rooms. Nice wood wall units. We would stay here again!

2 Thank millygirl70
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for your great feedback about our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your "Packer Experience". I've shared your comments with my staff and look forward to seeing you next time. Lawry Larson