“Girls Weekend (after a business trip)”

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Bay and very happy with our choice. My flight to Green Bay was running about 1-1/2 hours late so I contacted the front desk and asked that they allow my daughter to check in early since she was 'waiting' for my arrival. They were gracious enough to let this happen even without her presenting a credit card (it was on file though). And since she was hungry she asked for a pizza delivery recommendation and it was GREAT! I have stayed here before and found the staff very friendly and the cleanliness of the rooms is great! My favorite is the extra comfortable beds and the fact that the duvets are cleaned all the time (not just when looking dirty). Our room was on the highway side however the noise was not bad at all. One thing to note is the lighting in the bathroom is very dull/dim. It lit up the longer the lights were on but made it very tough at first. The breakfast area was very busy and the staff did a great job keeping everything supplied.

Overall this hotel is very clean, very quiet and well worth the money - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mlthomas66
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thanks for your very kind words regarding your stay at the Hampton Green Bay. My staff loves to look at the reviews and I think that you covered just about everyone! It's nice to know that we exceeded your expectations, and I hope to see you the next time that you're in Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Green Bay

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We selected this Hampton Inn for one night in Green Bay. We liked that it had a non-smoking policy in the entire hotel. Then we learned that they used to have smoking but in July all of the hotels in Wisconsin were legally required to be smoke free. Our room was not smoky and we were glad. It was kind of cramped for a Hampton and various areas were showing wear. We got in rather late and just before going to bed learned that the toilet was having "issues". We called the front desk and they came to fix it but it was a hassle at that hour. It is a Hampton with a good bed so our sleep was good during that night. We were up and out early so did not take advantage of breakfast that morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn. Even though the entire State of Wisconsin went non smoking in July, 2011, we have been a non smoking hotel since 2008. I have gotten many positive comments regarding this change. I hope that we get to see you in Green Bay in the future. It is a great city to visit. Lawry Larson, General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose the hotel due to tripadvisor ratings. A nice touch is the freshly laundered Duvet cover on the bed for every guest. There's little note on the headboad telling you its been done just for you. Windows opened to let in fresh air if you chose to do so. We did. They are locked in many hotels. Room was clean and spacious and A\C worked well. Breakfast was about the same as most Hamptons. TV channels were in HD. In many hotels they have never TVs with an analog picture which looks like TV from the 50's-not here, crystal clear HD. Close to Lambeau field. Would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: Freshly laundered duvet covers are a plus. How many times have you looked at bedspread in a hotel an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hi Roger. Thanks so much for your Trip Advisor review. Sounds like we really hit it out of the park and exceeded your expectations. I've noticed that more and more people stay with us and then "day trip" to Door County. It is really easy to get to the Door Peninsula since Hwy 57 is four lane all the way to Sturgeon Bay. See you next time. Lawry Larson, General Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here with our Hilton Honors points! Very close to Lambeau Field! There is a lot of road construction from the hotel to Lambeau Field. (August 2012) The room was very clean! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was better than average with a lot of room. Enjoyed the upgrades to the rooms. Nice wood wall units. We would stay here again!

2  Thank millygirl70
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thanks for your great feedback about our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your "Packer Experience". I've shared your comments with my staff and look forward to seeing you next time. Lawry Larson

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here on points for one night as part of a mini-vacation to attend the Packer Family night at Lambeau, and tour the stadium, HOF, etc.

Location is very convenient to Lambeau Field, only about 5 minutes away (you can go through the town or take the hwy right next to the hotel to get to the stadium). Though the exterior of the hotel may appear a little dated, the rooms are very clean (other than the odor - read below) and updated. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby as well.

Beds were comfortable and the rooms are well updated with wood trim touches. I do a lot of travel for work, and can tell when hotels "skimp" on interior updates (bathroom fixtures, door handles, old baseboards, etc). This hotel looks like it has had a complete update.

Breakfast was well stocked with a couple of hot items (sausage, eggs, french toast), as well as cold items (lots of fruit, cereal, juices, etc). Because we were there for a Packer event the hotel was very busy, but the staff seemed very much on top of things.

The pool/hot tub looked big, although with the weekend event and the hotel being filled to capacity, it was quite busy. (Almost standing room only in the pool at times!!).

We did have the unfortunate occurrence of someone leaving a very strong diaper odor in one of our rooms (It hit you when you opened the door). We could tell the staff had tried to febreeze the odor away, but it was just too strong. Upon being notified, the hotel did everything it could to remove the odor. Since the hotel was full because of the events at Lambeau, there weren't any other rooms available. They put some sort of ozone machine in the room to try and kill it. (we had to leave the room for a few hours - fortunately, we had 2 rooms and escaped to the other room). After returning from family night, the odor was still there, but just bearable (after opening windows and airing things out).

Would stay here again (w/o the diaper smell!) We understand these things happen, and the hotel gladly refunded our Hilton points back into our account.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations. You're correct when you mention that we under went a compete renovation. Everything inside the hotel was replaced, and our goal is to paint the exterior next year and freshen it up. I remember the diaper incident very well and apologize. All I can say is sorry about that. We tried. See you next time. Lawry Larson

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I booked a night here while traveling through Wisc. The night clerk greeted us warmly, found our Expedia reservation promptly, and even pulled up my Hilton Honors account with out my needing to locate the number. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We like that the pool/hot tub was open a little later so that we could go for a dip to relax after several hours in the car. I also appreciated that the free breakfast buffet was still very well stocked even though we came down toward the end of the breakfast service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Hi Roberta. Thanks for the nice review and kind words for my night audit staff. I always print our Trip Advisor responses and share them with my staff. And, thanks for choosing the Hampton while in Green Bay. I hope to see you next time. Lawry Larson, General Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very convenient location to the main drag, which has more restaurants and shopping than downtown and it's only about 10 minutes to the airport. The previous reviewer was correct however, the lighting in the bathroom was extraordinarily dim - very strange and thoughtless design for a Hilton property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. It's nice being on the main drag and close to everything, and get great feedback from our guests on a regular basis. I'm sorry that you didn't like the bathroom lighting and we are investigating other options, while still staying "Green". See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson