“Very helpful”

Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed November 11, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have stayed at many different hotels in Green Bay as we are from Illinois and Packer season ticket holders. Did not realize that there was this bad of a hotel in Green Bay! Our first room was so smoky smelling- I had the front desk person check it out. She said that they get a lot of construction workers that stay at the hotel and should be smoking outside. They were very accomodating in moving us to another room- which did not have the strong odor. The hallway smelled like old food and there was always shady people hanging outside. My daughter and I stayed here and there were 2 gentleman smoking by the side door (who we saw wandering around on more than one occasion) that tried to come into the hotel when we went out (they obviously did not have a key). I went in the front door for rest of stay-felt safer. Although you had to go through a wall of smoke to get in there also. Whoever was staying above us must have been knocking furniture over in the middle of the night- it was that loud! The breakfast was mediocre-didn't expect a lot but there are much better hotels to stay in then this one!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Carol, I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We do get a lot of traffic on Packer weekends. We do keep our cigarette urns mounted away from the entrances to help deter the smoke; unfortuantely that isn't always possible. While our continental breakfast is basic (cereral, fruit, bagels, muffins, coffee/juice) we are also located right next to Denny's that offers a discount for our guests; discount cards are inserted with your room key. Again, I apologize we didn't meet your expectations but hope you might give us another try.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The outside is nasty looking. The carpeting changes at least 2 different times going up the steps to the second floor. The hallways smells of smoke. The room decor is disgusting. Two walls are yellow. The other walls have blue wall paper peeling away from the bottom of the walls. The bedding is green, gray, and white stripped. My child could decorate better. The heat I had to turn a switch on the wall for. The lights by the bed don't match. I have a cobwebs in my room. The furniture looks like it came from a garage sale. The chair I sat in apparently has no cushion underneath the fabric. People are loud in the halls, so I turned on my room fan. I hope I don't get some weird skin rash. I would rather sleep in my car. Is it that hard to have a clean, updated room? Gawd, I have stayed at mom and pop hotels/motels and they seem like a 10 compared to this one. The manager leaves a welcome letter in your room (that is nice) That basically says "I encourage Your positive feedback" also basically stating anything less than exceptional you should let management know first, instead of rating them. WTF.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Appleton Guest,
Our welcome letter intent is to be sure our guests let us know of anything we can do to make their stay a more pleasant one. If there is a problem during a stay, we want to correct it right then and there and make sure the stay is the best it can be.

During a change in ownership in 2009, those "green, gray and white" bedspreads and matching drapes were just updated as that is what new ownership liked. Not everyone will have the same taste in decor and I'm sorry that ours is not to your liking.

I do hope that you ended the night with a good nights rest on our beds that are only three years old (and hopefully the loud folks in the hallways quieted down),

Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012