“Horrible!”

Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau
Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here for the Kenny Chesney concert. Booked room in Dec of 2010 and was told they didn't have a kin stay we booked with them. To find out 1 month prior to our stay they had a 2 night min on our reservation. Had to call multiple levels of management to get this fixed to include corporate. Issue was fixed until we checked in at 11pm to find out they charges us double of what we were quoted. And as for the room it smelled like smoke. Smoke detector was lying on the bathroom vanity and the tv cable wires were stuck through a hole in the wall. The good rating I gave are for the 2 gentlemen that worked that night. They were very promt at fixing the issues and getting my cost to what I originally was quoted. Good job guys. Hotel wise, won't be back. I stayed in better hotels that charge a lot less. A week later they sent an email questionnaire about how my stay was, I spent an hour filling it out and when I went to submit it the form had an error and would
not send the questionnaire. Haha what a joke.

• Stayed: June 2011
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Please accept our appologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We will review all your comments with our staff so we can make improvements where noted. It is always great for us to get guest feedback (both postive and negative) so we know where we are falling short and work in improving. I appologize for any misunderstandings with the rate and am glad staff worked it out for you in the end. The Chesney Concert was a big event for Green Bay and rates increase during those times similar to a Packer game or other large event here or in another town. It is our hope you will give us a try again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I would recommend this motel to anyone. It's right off the interstate and close to many restaurants and Oneida Casino. The staff was great, helpful and friendly. We had a clean, comfortable and quiet room. All the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. Great motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to do an on-line review for us - it is greatly appreciated! We hope you had fun at the Casino! It is a great location right across the street from Austin Straubel Airport and only two miles from Lambeau Field. We hope you come back and visit us again soon! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel back in November 2010 for this past weekend and was quoted a price per night for 2 rooms. We checked out on Sunday and paid triple the price on Saturday night because of the Kenney Chesney concert. I was never told that price for our Saturday night stay otherwise I would have tried to find a different hotel. Yes we did attend the concert but that is not the point. Talk about price gauging!!! We could have been attending a wedding or even just passing through town. They brag about their renovated hotel, what and where did they remodel!! It smells like a old smokey hotel. My husband had to clean our friends air conditioner filter out because it was blowing sheet rock dust out of the vent and wasn't blowing any cool air and the filter probably had never been cleaned!! Our room wasn't even cleaned, bed wasn't made and no clean towels.
Their bear bite breakfast is a joke, the hotel doesn't even have an elevator, no pool. They allow pets which is fine but I can't imagine those rooms are very clean after the fact. The blow dryer in the room has never been wiped down after their remodel job. Even though it was a place to hang our hat after a long day at Lambeau field the price gauging was just wrong. I would have tried to find a different place to stay. I travel a lot and I will say this is the most expensive hotel I have stayed in in a long time and cleanliness, room size, location (You're right next to the interstate)so you couldn't even have a window open to cool off your room even if you wanted to because of the traffic noise. I give you a "2"
overall. There are at least 5 or 6 hotels together in that area, I wish I would have known that because I would have pursued something else. Otherfriends stayed at a Hampton Inn 2 blocks away they couldn't check in until after the concert because Hampton was going to charge them $60.00 exttra but they would have been money ahead of us if they would have and would have had nicer rooms, clean rooms. Think twice before you stay at this hotel. What is with the postage stamp size pillows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank HayDee_11
TravelodgeGB, Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Please accept our apologies that we did not meet your expectations; it is certainly our goal to exceed guest expectations. We will review your comments with our staff so we can make improvements where we fell short. It is typical for rates in most cities and venues to change with events in town as it was for this Kenny Chesney concert. Events at both Lambeau Field and the Resch Center are big draws and that plays a part on rate. Just as I'm sure rates change when there is a Vikings/Twins game or state fair. We encourage guests to become members of both Wyndham Rewards and our Innsider Club for frequent stays at many properties. By doing this you can use your points/cards for free nights at properties when the rates are higher such as this - it is a great benefit. Again, we appreciate that you have taken the time to do a review and let us know areas that might need work on. Should you be with us again, please let us know while you are here what we can do for you; it is our goal to make your stay the best we can.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My travel partner and I both agreed that the woman who checked us in at the front desk was the most friendly hotel employee we have ever encountered, ever. She was exceptional. Overall our stay was okay- the room was very small, as was the bathroom- you could barely turn around in it. The whole place seemed a little old and dingy. If I had to plan the trip over again, I would probably have paid a little more to stay in a higher star place. But...it was a fine place to sleep...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGB, Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We very much appreciate our guests time and candid comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. LIKE us on FACEBOOK to hear about upcoming Green Bay events and specials we may be offering!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I have stayed here a few times, the most recent last night. I always find the staff to more than friendly. They have helped with finding places, things to do, and most importantly anything that I need for my stay. The rooms that I have stayed in are clean. The one time I checked in the light bulb was out and they fixed it immediately after I let them know about it. As with any hotel there is going to be some noise in the hallways. I have found that if you get a room away from the front desk it helps keep the traffic away from your door.

I don't know if people are expecting an experience that you would get at a 5 star resort in Vegas or what! But, I found this hotel to meet more than my needs and for the price you can't go wrong!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property. It is great to have repeat guests that choose to stay with us. Be sure and LIKE us on Facebook and watch for specials and events in the area. Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

It was a horrible stay. The lack of cleanliness and the smell of the place was awful! When I arrived, the police were there with drug sniffing dogs because other guests were complaining of a bad/funky smell. I requested a refrigerator in my room as I would be staying 5 nights. When I arrived into my room, it was filthy and the refrigerator did not work. I called the front desk right away and they could have cared less. I would have left and gotten a refund but my employer had set up the reservation and since they were paying for it I didn't have the option to go some where else. I pray I NEVER have to get stuck there again!

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott8658

We apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. Occasionally there may be a need to have police on a hotel property; we do not hesitate to call as we want the property to be comfortable and safe for all our guests. This is a rare situation and I apologize if it made you feel uncomfortable. Again, I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations - our goal would certainly be to exceed them. Thank you for letting me know of your concerns so they may be addressed with our staff. I'm always will to discuss issues with guests directly and please feel free to call me if you'd like to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

I chose this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Considering the low cost, the Travelodge gives you a lot of value.
On the positive side:
1) Very low cost.
2) The two people I dealt with at the front desk were both very competent and cheerful.
3) The halls and the room were very clean.
4) The hotel has inside corridors which I much prefer.
5) The hot water and shower pressure were terrific.
6) The TV has a large number of channels.
One small negative:
Try to get a room on the opposite side from US41. It's pretty noisy.
Finally, a couple of items to keep in mind:
1) The continental breakfast is very basic. If you want anything approaching a full breakfast, go to Denny's just a few feet away across the parking lot.
2) The hotel is plain looking from the outside. Don't let that stop you from trying it out.
3) My room, with a king size bed, was pretty small, but the way things are arranged, it was not a problem.
4) The bathroom was also tiny.
5) The bed was good, but a little too soft for my taste.
In summary, I only needed the room for sleeping. It was clean, no odor, the people were nice, and the cost low. I can't imagine getting more value for my money, and I'd certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from US41.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank WCubed
TravelodgeGB, General Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay - Lambeau, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

It was our pleasure having you stay with us! Thank you for taking the time from you busy schedule to do a review. As you mention, it were those past reviews that got you here and so many folks look at them today. We appreicate the time and efforts our guests take and hope to build long lasting relationships and see them return! Please take a moment to LIKE our Facebook page and you'll see events going on in the area as well as any specials we might be offering. Thank you again for staying with us ~ we hope to see you again soon!