“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, California
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was there last week for 3 nights. I had a 2 queen bed room. They originally put right next to the elevator and I asked to be moved and that was taken care of quickly. The thermostat did not really work but the room stayed cool all night. Minor issue was the sink plug never was open so you had to manually open it up to drain. Small pillows and a soft bed. Nice seating room in the front with Micro and fridge. Nice flat screen TV's. Slow elevators though. Buffet was complete and a nice pool and bar too. Yes I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ceskydup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to attend a medical conference. Our initial reception at check-in was less than stellar. We were only offered a downgrade despite being a Hyatt Gold Passport Member while our many of our colleagues in line with us were upgraded which left us a bit bewildered. We were told that they were full for a medical conference. Yes, we knew that since we were also attending the conference and we booked our room well in advance. Eventually with some effort, we were given a room close to what we originally booked but with two queen beds instead of a king. They said it was business class so it might have even been an upgrade. Hard to know. They didn't say. That said, the hotel is quite nice. The room is clean and comfortable. We LOVE the fact that they have liquid soap and lotion both by the sink and in the shower and a complimentary toothpaste since we forgot to pack any. We LOVE the hand sanitizer wipes left by the remotes for the tv. The beds were very comfortable. The comfort food in the bar was quite good and reasonably priced. The waitress we got needs a little more training as she seemed distracted and unsure of the menu items but she tried and had a nice personality. You do need to pay $5 for parking every day and the lot was always close to full. While many of our colleagues were offered free breakfast, we were not. Our cost was $10 a person so we just grabbed some granola bars and coffee at their Starbucks in the morning. While $10 a person for a breakfast buffet is reasonable in our book, we new it would make our colleagues feel bad to see us get charged when they weren't and felt the whole thing would be awkward so we chose not to go to breakfast with them. So, it was a mixed bag but the most important thing to us in the end was having clean and comfortable accommodations. And that is why we gave it four stars.

Room Tip: I imagine all of the rooms are good. But, can't really give you advice as we were not great advo...
Green Features: It is obvious that they hotel recycles and is environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenny G
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I ended up staying here because the Hilton was booked. I'm glad, because this is my new favorite hotel in Green Bay! I had so much space in my room I didn't know what to do with it. :) The bathroom was NYC small, but clean. Also, you will need to pay $5 for parking everyday.

I had pancakes for breakfast the next morning. They were OK. I would like to see the option of a waffle. The price for room service wasn't too bad.

I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in GB!

• Stayed March 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had the privilege of staying at the Hyatt on Main in Green Bay this past weekend. We were looking for a small stay to relieve us from the cold winter blues. I have not stayed in this hotel since it was the Embassy Suites. It has greatly improved since then. The updates have truly made this hotel more elegant. The rooms have beautiful furnishings and small touches that are completely unexpected. We stayed in an Executive Double Suite which had 2 queen beds and bath in one room; and a U shaped sofa which turned into a bed, 10 person dining room table, flat screen t.v. and an island with a wetbar in another room. The suite was large enough to hold 2 adults and 4 kids comfortably. We liked that all of the rooms looked down over the atrium. I have read reviews about this making the rooms loud; however we were in bed and sleeping by 9:00p.m. with no problems. The facilities at this hotel are wonderful. The breakfast was $10.00 per adult and kids under 12 were free. So for the 6 of us; our total bill for breakfast was $20.00. The food choices were good and the made to order omlete station was delicious. For $20.00 we could not go to any other restaurat and order the selection we had here at the Hyatt. The pool was quite large and set to a brisk 74 degrees. The hot tub was very hot; just the way I prefer it. I also enjoyed that this hotel had a sauna and a steam room. The highlight of this hotel is it's employees. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the housekeeping constantly had a smile on their faces. You can tell that they enjoy their work and value their customers. I will be recommending this hotel to all of my clients.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gofoxgo
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

There are not many great option in Green Bay and I think this is as good as it gets. The AAA rate often includes a decent breakfast buffet. Most if not all rooms are suites. It is difficult to find a suite with 2 double or queen beds, let alone one with a fridge and microwave. Very practical for this family of 4. I am Hyatt diamond. Even with my suite upgrade, it is rare to find this functional set up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here only one night on a business trip to Green Bay. The hotel is modern and well-maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The standard rooms are suites with a full living room/kitchenette and the bed was very comfortable. The location is easy to find in downtown and is close to several restaurants. From the outside, this seemed like one of the nicer hotels in Green Bay, and staying there definitely confirmed it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

At a discounted rate of $126.00 per night. you would thing that you are a getting a quiet, clean and functional room. Being over 6'ft. tall you notice other things that the short staff people can't see or reach, like years of dust and other things left from people staying before you. The bed for being a king size was very short in length. The toilet is very low and small for this room and the shower that does not drain for over an hour is very disappointing. Also the heating system is very loud; I would definitely bring along a set of ear plugs. I did mention this to the staff, but like anything else, they just want to work their 8 hours and leave and let the next guest worry about the same issues that never get taken care of. When I was looking at a place to stay the pictures looked good, until you are their close up and can see the difference. I would place the cost of this hotel per night should have been $69.00 for a one night stay not $126.00 base on the quality of other hotel places I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and your own toilet plunger your going to need it here at the Hatt in Green Bay, WI.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business