“8 floors means great view over city & river”

Hyatt Regency Green Bay
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“8 floors means great view over city & river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Such a surprise to find this nice Hyatt in the relatively small northern town of Green Bay, WI. Though next to the city's convention center and on a city street, it is still quiet, spacious and clean. I liked the privacy of the room being slightly separated from a sitting area with a large couch, desk, and tv.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
West Allis, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

A family member had saved rooms at this hotel for their wedding taking place at Lambeau Field. Everyone was excited because we weren’t required to book two nights since the Packers were out of town and they had a shuttle so no one had to drive. This quickly turned into a hotel nightmare. Not only did the bride and groom have horrible customer service with the hotel, but they were quoting higher and lower rates to people calling about the rooms. Upon check in the hotel had set aside an entire floor for the wedding bookings. When I checked into my room, I was initially happy to see the separate sitting area and bedroom area, however that fatted pretty quickly when I saw the room had not been cleaned. There was a trail of what looked like food or sock lint from the front room to the back room, no towels except for one discarded into the tub and one of the beds was stripped with the blankets etc. on the floor. When I called the front desk they were like, oh…well I’ll call and see if I can get housekeeping up there. Good thing I knew other people there so I had a place to hang out until housekeeping came and cleaned the room. After calling back to the front desk they did offer to provide me with a different room but it would have been on a different floor then the rest of my family. That first night we also went to Pub333 which is the hotel bar/restaurant. There was one gentleman behind the bar who was nice enough in the beginning but once we started asking questions about the drink prices he soon changed his service. Next thing you know there are 3 people behind the bar and our entire side of the bar had empty glasses. The workers continued to talk and do other things never paying attention to us again. We finally took the hint and left.
I did receive a call from the manager the next day to see how my room was and the cleaning lady did insist on coming in to make my bed and straighten up for me even though I hadn’t used anything yet. Upon check out I was also issues a 14% credit to my bill. However the staff at Pub 333 was still rude the next night and I wouldn’t recommend going into the hotel bar/restaurant to anyone. Aside from the astronomical prices and minimum return, the workers are some of the rudest people I’ve ever encountered. Too bad because the room was nice when it was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leelee53219
Tustin, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This rule applies for basically any hotel during football season. Price was pretty high for being a good distance from the stadium. The location does have some advantages though. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel that does picks up for the QB Sneak route on game day. Getting in and out of the hotel is a bit easier as well when you're further from the stadium.

In regards to the rooms, we had a 2 bed suite with separate living room. The living room area can get noisy as the main door is not very insulated. The hotel design has all the rooms on the outsides with a big open area for the middle on each level. This allows all lobby noise to come up to every room.

The stay was pleasant though. Good space for the room. Flat Screen TVs, Small kitchen area. No closet in the room area, which was a little bit odd. Just a cut out area with a curtain.

Overall, this place is not bad. Good for Business travel as it seems there is a conference center connected to it as well. Family's may be good due to the space. Decor is semi-modern. Would be a decent hotel if the price were lower.

This is just my personal scale so you know where I'm coming from.

1 - Never Again, Avoid at all costs
2 - Poor experience. Look for alternatives
3 - Decent. Has pros and cons.
4 - Good. Would Recommend.
5 - Incredible - Makes me want to come back and do it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sabana Westpunt, Curacao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had an event at Shopko Hall, and this hotel was very accommodating. We pre-paid and booked through Expedia and got an amazing rate. The hotel is very impressive looking. Our room had a small living room with an adjoining wet bar. We booked a room with two queen beds. The linens were top notch and the comfort level was great. Flat screen TVs in living area and bedroom. We would definitely book again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night before Green Bay Packers game. We did have to pay almost $400 for the night, so that skews this review a little. Overall was a good stay for one night, but had some negatives.
Location - was good. Right next to shuttle stop that takes you to Lambeau Field, so that was convenient.
Room - very spacious and clean. But does show some signs of age (ie peeling paint). No actual closet (just had a curtain rod with curtain hanging in front of an open space). Didn't bother me for one night, but seemed a little strange. Bed was not comfortable, mattress sags in middle, I woke up with low back pain the next morning
Service at check in was good. Very friendly front desk staff
Overall decor of hotel was okay. All rooms surround a central atrium, so a little noisy.

Overall definitely not worth $400, although I understand that prices were higher than normal due to football game. Was good for what we needed before football game. Again, okay stay for one night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night while visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in New Franken, WI. I had a King Suite on the top floor for a really good price of $70.00 with a AAA membership. This price is insanely cheap for a hotel of this caliber. I would stay here again for sure.

Pros:
-This hotel has a pool and whirlpool. The temperature in the pool was perfect;
-Very nice workout room with cardio equipment, free weights, mats, toning machines, and more;
-The King Suite was very comfortable and was a home away from home - nice door that separates the bedroom from the bathroom and living room/kitchen;
-Very good breakfast with plenty of selection of hot and cold items;
-Nice Staff;
-Also has a restaurant and small store;
-My room had a TV in bedroom and TV in living room;
-So much good stuff in this hotel - a lot of attention paid to details;

Cons:
-I couldn't figure out their AC/heat system - doesn't let you set the temperature exactly to your own room but averages it out with other guests or something like that, but temperature wasn't bad;
-There were a couple of burned out light bulbs in my room that hadn't been replaced;
-The hallways are open and overlook the atrium on the first floor with only a rail to keep one from falling - from the 8th floor this spooked me out;

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from street and parking lot - it was pretty quiet.