“Winter Wonderland” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Winter Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great People! Great Views! Great PUB! Remember, call the hotel. They will pick you up at the airport and take you back for FREE!!!!! The best food that I have every had in Green Bay! The people are OUT OF THIS WORLD customer sentric!

Room Tip: All rooms are good and suites!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt on Main for a two-night business trip recently. The last time I was in that area of Green Bay, it was an Embassy Suites hotel so it had been a very long time since I had been there. I was blown away with the re-done hotel, especially the rooms!

I was there with two other co-workers and all of our rooms were different but great. Two of us had huge granite counter bars in our rooms with bar stools, a refrigerator and a sink. There was also a sectional couch in each of our living rooms as well. I had two large TV's... one in the living area and one in my separate bedroom.

The check-in process was a breeze and people were very friendly at the front desk.

My only disappointment was with the breakfast at the hotel. It was $10 but out of the five choices for hot items and a variety of cold items, I found the price to be a bit steep. I only did it once and chose to buy some yogurt from the small store in the front of the hotel the rest of the time I was there.

There is construction going on across the street but I could not really hear it from my room. We also went to nearby Hinterland for dinner which is just across the river and it was very nice.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it anyone who needed to stay in the downtown area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bellevue, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in January 2013 at this Hyatt in our hometown of Green Bay for a one night get-away. The hotel was great and had a nice pool and hot tub, a room upgrade made it all that much better given our platinum status with Hyatt.

The bar was great and had a huge variety of local craft beers and many international favs.

Our disappointment was with the lack of in-room entertainment. There were no in-room pay per view and no movie channels. Nice room, great bed and great view from the 8th floor.

Room Tip: Get a river view room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Hyatt for one night to celebrate my birthday. We chose the Hyatt because it was close to downtown and Hinterland, where we were having dinner. The location is great! When we checked in we were upgraded to a King Suite which was very appreciated! The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The bartender in the hotel bar was very friendly, as well. Overall, our experience was great and we will certainly recommend the hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I chose to stay at the Hyatt in Green Bay due to a family wedding, and was very pleased with the choice. The atrium was amazing upon walking in and the staff was very pleasant and helpful with checkin. My room was situated near the elevator, within easy walking distance of all parts of the hotel. Pool and sauna area is well-maintained, so if you need a break I'd recommend trying them out. There are also grocery options nearby - if you're interested in buying your own drinks and snacks that is available.

Internet was fast, although connecting via mobile devices was a bit of a pain. Finally gave up and only used a laptop. The beds were soft and sleeping was great, and shower pressure and amenities very good.

Will look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Built around a beautiful indoor atrium, this hotel is well worth the stay. It is well-maintained, has a very good staff, and is connected to the convention center. We were in town for a Packer's Football Game and were pleasantly surprised to find out that the City offers free bus service to the game and stops by the Hyatt.

We drew a corner room, which gave us more room, but no internet service due to the building design. I had to go to the lobby, but that was a small sacrifice to make, for the terrific stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better chance for quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ballerfan
St. Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was a little hesitant to stay at the Hyatt since I'd gotten a glimpse of the accomodations when my son stayed here a few years ago when it was still Hotel Sierra. The Hyatt folks did a nice job of renovating the rooms as we were very comfortable in our Queen Suite. We were on the 5th floor on the East end and it was nice and quiet. We expected to pay an inflated price since the Vikings were playing the Packers, but it would take away a little of the sting if they could have thrown in a complimentary breakfast or perhaps a free appetizer in the pub. There happened to be a farmers market going on in the connecting convention center, which was a nice surprise, especially since it was cold and gloomy outside. The breakfast left a little to be desired, especially considering the price. We've stayed close to Lambeau plenty of times so that being away from "that" crowd was a pleasant experience. It gave us an opportunity to check out some of the downtown offerings, many of which were within walking distance. We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to Green Bay.

Room Tip: More privacy the higher you go.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family