“Comfortable and trendy”

Hyatt Regency Green Bay
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel is a former Embassy Suites. The decor has been modernized and is very trendy. The best part of Embassy Suites, the complimentary happy hour, has remained. I found this hotel to be easy to find and minutes from dining and Lambeau Field, where I participated in a race during my stay. The refrigerator was a must for me and it was larger than most I've seen. Front room had HDTV and the couch and bed were very comfortable. Alarm clock had white noise options which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Brauntosaurus
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Hotel Sierra. It is great that the location was perfect for you and the complimentary amenities were a plus. We appreciate you choosing Hotel Sierra and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Sierra for the 4th year in a row for a conference. As usual, I loved it. My room was clean, quiet, and funky. Staff responded quickly to my pre-stay inquiries, and I ended up with a rom that was ideal for me, a new mom to twins. I was particularly pleased with the service the GM Maria provided. A few indicators of a great hotel:

1. Hotel staff were pleasant and courteous with some familiar faces from previous year. (Staff must like it there, too!) The front desk, shuttle drivers, and cleaning service staff were all equally a pleasure.
2. Nice room amenities: glass and ceramic dishes, Kendall Jackson wine for purchase, bottle opener, high end bath soaps/gels, in-room robe, and I-pod docking station.
3. Quiet rooms, particulary in the bedroom area, which has a separate door from the living/bar space. The beds are comfy clouds. The decor has an elegant Asian theme that feels more big city than Green Bay.

My only constructive feedback is that one morning I had placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, but the cleaning service still entered. For some reason, this is becoming a frustrating norm across hotels.

All in all, I highly recommend Hotel Sierra and look forward to my stay next year. I also recommend dining at Chefusion a couple blocks away. It was haute French cuisine - Packerized (i.e. gourmet food in large portions)! Koko Sushi was also good, although it had recently opened and needed to work out some service kinks.

Room Tip: Request your locational preference beforehand.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank stewbs
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay at Hotel Sierra. It is so great to read you are a repeat guest and you have a great stay every time. I do apologize for housekeeping entering your room with the do not disturb sign on the door. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Sierra. Upon check in I was told that rate was higher than the rate we had agreed. You are given one free drink coupon. Please note your free drink is is watered down and very limited choice. We were given three different times when breakfast was occuring. Staff seemed much more concerned about making money than providing qualitry services.

Room Tip: Stay at a different chain.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra during your most recent visit to the Green Bay area. It is through communication from guests such as yourself that we are made aware of areas in which we fall short of your expectation and our high standards. We certainly apologize for the rate discrepancy and would be happy to correct this. I’m unsure if you had changed the number of adults registered to the room upon check in, as we do charge for additional adults in our suites. If this was not the case I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and correct the rate discrepancy.

In regard to our complimentary drink coupon, I will certainly address your concerns with regards to the drink option. We do note the drink options on the drink cards, my apology that this was not conveyed to you upon check in.

Lastly, our breakfast times do change during the week days compared to weekends and will speak with Guest Services on the importance of ensuring correct times are provided.

Again, thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra Green Bay and we look forward to your return visit. If there is anything further that I may assist you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

8 story Atrium is breath taking and the palm trees make you feel like you are somewhere besides Green Bay. The suite is very trendy, modern and up to date. Only complaint is lack of decent TV in the bedroom. The breakfast in the morning is great, but make sure you get there early, as lines tend to form quickly. The fitness room was adequate for cardio, they even have chilled towels. The pool is very family friendly with a kid's splash area. With an on site pub and spa, this would make a great getaway spot. The skywalk attached to the hotel leads to a closed mall. It's close to the bar scene and the trendy area of town is also close. We'll stay here again when back in Green Bay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to read you had a wonderful stay at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the décor, breakfast and amenities offered. It sounds as though the location was perfect for your visit to Green Bay.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Took part in a Wisconsin road trip back in November, and knew we'd be stopping in Green Bay for one night. Read the reviews of Hotel Sierra on TripAdvisor.com and booked a room. I was not disappointed.

I booked the cheapest room, and we were shocked when we found how spacious and open it was. Had a couch with plenty of tables/desk area for our laptops. The room was very clean itself as was the entire building. Very simple walk in and get to one of the two elevators in the front, open area. Didn't use the indoor pool at all but it looked nice, enjoyed a bowl of Chili and a quick Miller at the hotel bar the night we stayed. Very good Chili by the way.

The complimentary breakfast is very nice. There were actual cooks there ready to freshly prepare from a variety of items - if you wanted more, I think you could pay for extra, but the free portions were more than enough. Nice open area to sit down and eat. We are from Chiago and my buddy was wearing his Chicago Bears hat. One of the cooks came by to give him some grief - all in good fun though. Overall, the staff at this place, and the people in Green Bay altogether seem to be very friendly.

The hotel is in downtown Green Bay, and even though the downtown area itself isn't all that much, it still is a nice city for a one night visit. Over by the Packer's stadium is a larger town with more mainstream stores and restaurants if that is something you want. Only about 10 minutes from the hotel.

If I ever come back up here, I won't have to search for a hotel, I already know where I'm staying.

My only negative was the free Wi-Fi. It was very slow more times than not (when using it at around 10pm/11pm.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to read you won't have to search for a hotel the next time you are in the Green Bay area. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the hotel and your stay. I'm glad the complimentary breakfast exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

For the price we paid (we got the AAA Rate), I felt that we really got a deal! Stayed two nights in mid-March. Hotel is newly renovated, rooms are large (every room is a suite). It's all set around an indoor courtyard/atrium. There are four glass elevators in the middle of the atrium, making for a pleasant trip up or down. There is a restaurant, a small bar, a small kind of gift shop, a fitness room, pool, etc. Everything is very CLEAN, the staff is very attentive, breakfast (excellent) and parking are included. If you have to go to Green Bay (and believe me there's not a lot to do in GB in the winter!), this is definitely a great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It sounds as though you've found a new place to stay in Green Bay. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the large suites and all that is available at the hotel.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel Sierra in Green Bay over New Year's weekend, spending $300/night for a king deluxe 1-bedroom suite. Right from the start, we realized this was NOT going to be a good experience. The desk staff was indifferent at best, & outright rude at times. We were initially impressed with the spaciousness of our room--until we realized we had one tiny closet with a total of 5 hangers (for 4 people). There was NO space for our kid's luggage in the main living area, no extra blankets or pillows for the kids (though our reservation stated '2 adults/2 children'), the heater was incredibly noisy and kept waking us up, and (though a minor complaint) the sliding doors in our most-expensive-suite-in-the-hotel overlooked a filthy rooftop. OH--and the hot tub in the pool area was out of order---something we didn't learn until we went down to use it.

The continental breakfast--included in the room price--was excellent: made-to-order omelets and a wide variety of foods to choose from. The staff, however, apparently had never been trained in 'customer service'. The seating for breakfast was in the lobby--there were people in bathing suits, etc. Very informal. Yet one 'waitress' decided my kid's bare feet were an issue---and she, literally, YELLED at them. I heard her from across the lobby. Guess it made her feel important to berate two small children for their lack of footwear.

But the worst thing in this hotel has to be the glass panels on either side of every room door. They're frosted, so no one can see in. But they don't block out light from the hallway (and the lights are not dimmed at night). It was so bright in the living room area of our suite that my kids had to come and sleep on the floor of our bedroom (on our bed's comforter, since we had no extra pillows/blankets for them, despite REPEATED requests).

I filled out a comment card detailing the issues we had with the hotel, and included our name/address/phone number---and have not received any sort of correspondence or response from the hotel. They obviously don't care--an attitude which is evident from the top down.

On a bright note: the bar/lounge is excellent, with good food & great service. Eat there--and stay somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted in regard to your stay with Hotel Sierra Green Bay for our New Year Family Package Weekend. It is through communication from guests such as yourself that we are made aware of areas in which we fall short our our high standards and your expectations. We apologize that there was not adequate bedding in the suite, we certainly do put extra pillows and blankets in the dresser and closet area. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed our breakfast offered to all overnight guests with made to order omelets. We do encourage our guests to adhere to restaurant health and dress codes for everyone's safety. We are certainly sorry if this was not presented in the proper manor as our guest's safety is a high priority to us. In regard to your concerns of the glass panels, we are delighted to inform you that we are currently installing black out curtains.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in regard to your stay, as we would love the opportunity to win you over.