“Awful!!!”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
“Awful!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I called the hotel to reserve a room that's what I always do to avoid confusion and mistakes. However I had a large group and a handicapped child this had me booking two rooms at one time. The confirmation I got told me that the last I spoke with had us checking out a day early. I tried to fix online and the website then said the correct days. I was thinking everything was fine until I received another confirmation email which again said the wrong days. So I called the hotel again and they no longer where able to keep us in the same two rooms they wanted us to change a room half way through our stay. This is not acceptable I called for a reason and was told everything was done then "fixed" their mistakes online again was told everything was completed correctly just to find out again it was wrong because the last I originally talked to double booked!! I have never had this many issues with booking actually I have never had an issue with booking went with this hotel because it was close to where we were going to be and would save some money. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for. The employees I spoke to never apologized never once said I'm sorry or anything other then they couldn't fix the problem. When it was the employee who caused the problem I should have heard an apology and should have been taken care of but they did nothing but tell me I would need to change rooms. Well never stay at this hotel if they can't even get a reservation right I don't think they could provide any kind of service to the customers. Oh, they defiantly need training in his to be in a customer service role as well. Being a manager of a large customer service driven business I would never allow my employees to screw up and not apologiz!!

• Stayed June 2014
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Emily R,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry for the booking issues that were experienced through our online reservations system, and for the way our agents worked with you upon realizing the issues. I would like to get a better picture of what happened and how we can work to stop this from happening to another guest in the future. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Hope to hear from you soon!
920-499-7449
awolf@comfortsuitesgb.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Barrie,
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Comfort Suites has it all - on-site restaurant with excellent food and staff; splash pad and hot tub; large rooms; delicious breakfast with a chef to make your omelette, free drink coupons for the bar; and very friendly & helpful staff. It is a very large complex so quite a walk to your room and the furniture is a bit dated. Very clean with nice new bathroom fixtures.
The pool is small so not for those who want to do laps! Loved the bold coffee option
Thanks for a great stay.,

Room Tip: Executive King room has a "rain shower" and separate sleeping quarters.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mil B,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your positive feedback about your experience with our property. We hope to see you again in the near future!

upper michigan
Reviewed May 3, 2014

As always, we had another wonderful stay at this property this past weekend. Went because we decided to get out of town for the night with our 4 yr old. The pool area is perfect for him, with a little climbing area in a zero depth pool and a little bit bigger slide also. The property itself was clean and very nice looking, the room was spotless and looked very nice, beds were very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was excellent, including different flavored waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal donuts and pastries, yogurt and more! WE ended up ordering room service at 9 pm and it was perfect and very affordable! This hotel is one of our few go to's in Green Bay and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
honeymoonersfromMI,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. it is great to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our property, the Splash Water Attraction, and our attached restaurant 1951 West! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Green Bay!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was very pleased to meet my girlfriend and spend weekend with her. Our quiet private time was not so quiet. Could hear everything through the door into hall. Kids ran up n down hallway n played right outside our doorway. I don't blame hotel for this but bad parenting. Parents had lack of respect for others. Other then that hotel was very nice with a wonderful restaurant. John the bartender is a great guy and very kind. Amanda a server we had was very rude and not to be found had to have other server bring our bill as she did nothing but take our order. My girlfriend works in restaurant business and knows there was no excuse for her bad service and attitude. I understand good day bad days but not in this case. Just plain rude and didn't care.
I would stay there again just would ask for a different room and server.

• Stayed April 2014
Ledbugs,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property! It is great to hear that you thought the hotel was very nice and you would definitely return. Your feedback on our service and noise will help us improve guest satisfaction in the future.

Wisconsin
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After reading some if the reviews, I was a little leary of staying here. We chose this hotel for the water park. It was perfect for both my 1 and 6 year old. Might not be the best if you have children older than 12, although there was a 4' pool with a basketball hoop. The room was clean, the rain showers were awesome, the breakfast was better than most. Even on a busy Sunday morning there was plenty of seating and everything was kept well stocked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
angel0615,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are hapy to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our Splash Water Attraction, and our updated breakfast area. We hope you visit us again soon!

Diretor of Sales
Saint Augustine, FL
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The location is a little off the main road, unusual to get to, but a real good value, but it is only 3 miles from the Lambeau Field.
Excellent room and all new furniture, fridge and microwave. The renovations are all done as far as I could see. Best hotel breakfast service and items I had in a long time and a chef made omelets to order. The adjacent 1951 restaurant is excellent, had a very nice 3 course dinner for $20 a Thursday night special. Many interesting and reasonable priced, $12-30 entrees, on the menu. At check-in you get 2 drink coupons for the bar. Next time in Green Bay, I know where to stay for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Grabben,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and a variety of other amenities our property has to offer. As you noted, our lobby and breakfast area renovation was recently completed and our guests our loving the made to order omelets. It is also great to know you enjoyed the variety, value and quality at our restaurant 1951 West! Please stay with us on your next trip to Green Bay!

Addison, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2014

room was dirty my wife spent 45 minutes cleaning dust on tables mirrors and above the bed. Got there late or we would have stayed somewhere else. Also I had to kill 2 spiders in the room. Just very unclean room. We often travel to green bay to see family. Last time we stayed at the loft service was first class clean and no problems. Sorry will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Timandirene,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry about your experience at our hotel, but we will put your feedback to use so we can better serve our guests in the future.