Comfort Inn Green Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshot cocoamicrowave and refrigeratornice hotelomeletfree breakfastwould stay againdeskmotelpackersinnsrestockingtubsbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On November 3, I tried booked a last-minute hotel because I needed a rest before heading to Michigan (4 hour drive). I had just arrived at the Green Bay Airport from from NJ (running away from Hurricane Sandy) and had been flying for hours.

When I called the Comfort Inn Green Bay, I was told by the employee that the prices were raised due to the Green Bay Packer Game the next day. I was also told that in order to "hold" the room, I would have to give them my card number and no refund was possible after the phone call. I would have to book and pay upfront and no refunds would be refunded back....not sounding good to me.....but since it was kind of expensive, I figured it must be an okay place.

Prior to my providing my credit card info, I tried to confirm that the Comfort Inn Green Bay was an okay place. So, I asked the hotel employee whether the hotel was a good one, at least clean, etc. The employee confirmed adamantly that the hotel was a good one and no need to worry about that.

However after the phone call and providing the Comfort Inn Green Bay with my credit info (in other words "paying upfront"), I drove over to the Comfort Inn only to find a real "dump." After spending some time in the lobby, I decided NOT to stay there and ran back into the rent-a-car.

I decided I would be better off driving 3 hours to my destination. I did not cancel that evening because the hotel throughout the telephone conversation assured me it would not be be possible to get my money back...due to their "policy."

Talk about a huge disappointment and a huge waste of money!!

Bottom line: "Do not stay at this place...the policy needs to be changed." It is a total "rip-off." I feel totally scammed. The place is not worth $219.88 for a night...

Thank you...I feel better just writing this review...but I would love my money back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here along w/ another couple from our community. The trip home led to conversations of how awesome the bed and pillows where. Also how nice and friendly the staff was. As someone who travels for work alot you look for a comfortable bed and someone that can put a smile on your face at the from desk. This comfort inn did both and I would recommend staying here to anyone. I know I have mentioned it to others and they will be looking to check it out in the future as they come to green bay for games. Well done comfort inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights for a Packer game, and wasn't overly impressed but wasn't dissatisfied either. The hotel is aged and needs updating, the carpets are worn and the heating/cooling units in the room look ancient. The pool area is borderline gross, the walls are all wood and in some areas is rotted. The pool tiles are discolored, and have streaks of rust(?) running down them and the ladder to get in/out is rickety. The room itself was average clean, the bed comfortable and the room was quiet with the occasional neighboring door slamming shut. The bathroom desperately needs updating, the punters are discolored and the tiles stained. The bathroom was also of average cleanliness, and came with "mystery" hairs in the shower and on the floor. The whole hotel had a general outdated, under-cleaned feeling. I saw a yellow skittle on the stairway Friday night and it was still there Sunday am. There are no elevators.
Otherwise, the front desk staff were very friendly and quickly changed our room to a king when we were given 2 doubles. The breakfast is average, although I didn't try the hot foods. The location is great, close to the highway, shopping and dining. Overall I'd stay again, but only to come and go, not to spend an afternoon there. And I'd bring lip flops to wear in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not much to say about a Comfort Inn that people don't already know. They are fine for an overnight stay while on the road but other than a clean bed & room, there is not much more. The location is good--only a few minutes from the Interstate and from the outside the building looks very nice. Upon entering, the first thing we noticed was the worn carpeting which looked faded from too many cleanings. With a location in the Midwest where the winters can be pretty sloppy, I would think they should consider tile or wood for a much cleaner look. My other complaint is regarding the layout of the rooms on the first floor. We had a room on the first floor where we walked down a long hallway (pretty far from the front desk area) to get there and surprisingly across the hall from our room was a banquet room. This was literally 5 or 6 feet across from our room. Since this was a Saturday night, the room was in use for a party which lasted until 11:00 pm. There were people milling around the door all evening long. Who would put a banquet room mixed in the same area as guest rooms??? Noisy!! Other than those two complaints, the hotel was clean; the bed was comfortable and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was fine. I guess if you got a room on the 2nd floor, it would not be noisy, but who knows.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper level floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMComfInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for the compliments to our staff. We enjoy having our guests here and take immense pride in delivering the type of service that keeps people coming back. We appreicate telling us your first impression as we know the importance of "the first glance". As mentioned in a previous review, new carpet is coming very soon because your voices have been heard.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have been a regular at his property for several years. I hate to say but it has continued a slide downhill. There is a musty smell that needs to be dealt with soon. It really can't just be masked but needs to be eliminated. The room was basically clean but he edges and the corners need to be cleaned as they are collecting dirt. Breakfast comes off as just cheap. Bad eggs and horrible gravy. Basic yogurt and a hard boiled egg is a better choice. The bright side is the rates are low but I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Fortyplusoutayear

We appreciate your honest critique. We are fortunate to have travelers like yourself provide feedback so that we can see the hotel through the guest's eyes. We striving to improve every day and your observations definitely come into play. We are currently undergoing big plans to install new carpeting and bedding. We are excited about these changes hope you stop again to see them!