“Baymont is nice but cost more than I wanted to pay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay
Ranked #25 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Arrived with no reservation, they had a double queen available, we got in right away. Spacious room, very clean and good lighting. Also liked the sink and mirror being outside of main bathroom so my husband and I could get ready at the same time. All lodging in Green Bay is smoke free which made it hard for me but I have learned to deal with it. Good continental breakfast. We needed extra pillows so the front desk lady went on a search to find the extra pillows. She found them and brought them up to the room. We went to the Oneida Casino, large place but very dirty, they don't remove coffee cups, bottles, etc. When the loud band started playing we left, couldn't stand the noise.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel for more years than I can remember during the Oshkosh Airshow. This stay was laughable at best. Arrived in the room to find no suitcase stand. When I asked at the front desk, I was told that those are only in the suites (guess us common folks don't deserve luxuries). Just as I was getting ready to settle down for the night, the person next door must have evidently been retrieving items from their car one piece at a time as they would walk in and out of their room letting the door slam shut, shaking the "art work" on the wall in my room-almost to the point of falling on my sleepy head-serenading me into a deep state of insomnia. After some patience (it's part of hotel living), the front desk was called in the hopes the problem could be resolved politely. The front desk clerk informed me that she couldn't call every room and ask them to stop. I guess I was asking too much since my room was maybe 20 feet away from her desk. Off to sleep I go, only to be rooted out of my bed by the melody of a slamming door. When I approached the front desk, I informed Sara that the culprit was in the room next to me (and closer still to her precious desk) and this was her last opportunity to address the issue before I phoned the local authorities. She really seemed indifferent, but finally the door slamming stopped.

The shower heads in the room would be better tossed out the window as one could urinate more water pressure than these put out.

Overall, this place has gone to hell in a hand basket. Used to be a really nice property, but with the absence of "luxuries" and the desk staffs lack of concern for their guests comfort, the Super 8 nextdoor is a far better property. Don't waste your money and frustrate yourself, you'll have a better experience sleeping in your car!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paulumbo
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I was looking for a decently priced hotel in the Green Bay area as I was going up there to visit the college I attended and where I lived for almost 5 years. As I was comparing prices on hotels.com, I came across the Baymont Inn and decided to try it out (despite the reviews), especially since I've had good experiences at other Baymonts across the Midwest.

The room itself was nice. I didn't realize it at the time but I had booked the accessible room (because it was at the cheaper price). The bed was a bit hard, but the rest of the room was clean and comfortable. One complaint I had was the air conditioner/heater. Unless you had the drapes open, the air that flowed up hit the drapes and I think that did not keep the air circulating as much as it could have.

There was no business center in the hotel but they did have a computer in the lobby that was connected to the internet. Wireless internet was available in the guest rooms. The breakfast was good with a variety of foods from cereal to fruit to waffles (and of course coffee and orange juice).

The hotel is located in the Southwest area of Green Bay known as Ashwaubenon. Its about 10 minutes from Austin Straubel Airport and no more than 5-10 minutes from Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers. Its also relatively close to St. Norbert College (De Pere, Wisconsin) and no more than 15 minutes from other points of interest in the Green Bay area.

All in all this was a decent stay. Yes it looks like an older hotel but they did a decent job of fixing it up and the staff seemed very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank petrohd
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I booked out room online. Booked a king bed. Upon checking in, I was told that dogs were NOT allowed in any room except the double bed. Nothing was said about this on their website. The FIRST room we were in, reaked of dog urine so bad we couldn't stand it. Went to the front desk and was moved clear to the other end of the hotel. We were in that room for about and hour before we turned the tv on and found out the speakers were blown and there was a very loud and annoying buzzing coming from the tv. Again went to the front desk and asked for a different tv (that worked properly) to be put in our room. Was told that it couldn't be done till the following day. So now we're moving to our THIRD room all in a matter of 3 hours! The beds were like sleeping on cement. Not very soundproof at all as it sound like a herd of elephants was staying above us! Checked out a day early cuz it was so terrible!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

we stay at the baymont inn and suites in green bay every year for the past 6 years for the eaa air venture. the rooms are very clean and larger than most places we stay, the staff are very friendly and helpfull. the brefast is very good. we stay 3 days every year and the price is very good compared to the other hotels around.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Needed a reasonable place to stay for Oshkosh and chose this on pretty much price alone.

Pros: Great location (inside a bunch of shopping and restaurants, next to main highways), nice people, and very quiet. Lambeau Field is about 2 miles down the road if you want some football history.
Cons: Really none.

PS - it was 52 miles/45 minutes to EAA - almost no traffic.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I did not find the staff to be overly friendly. The whole motel smelled like smoke. The room was actually fine, except they put us in a room that had an adjoining door with another room that had an extremely loud occupant. The walls were paper thin, and every sound also came through that door. His TV was blaring until 1:30 a.m., and he woke us up in the morning hocking up his phlem and spitting it out over and over. He might as well have been right in the room with us we could hear every sound. The motel was not full, so why they had to put us right next door to somebody else I don't know! At breakfast, I felt sorry for the woman who had to tell her two small children that there was no more orange juice, no more apple juice, and no more milk for them to have cereal. I made myself a waffle, but I took the last of the syrup they had available. There was still a 1/2 hour of breakfast left, so this should not have been the case. I will NEVER stay at this motel again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family