“Surprised!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay

Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hartford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I located this Motor Inn on Hotels.com 2 days before my 1 day conference in Green Bay. The Inn was worthy of its reviews and high rating. I expect that I got an excellent rate of $48 because it was mid week and it is off-season! I did not have a lot of interaction with the staff, but they seemed pleasant. I found the room to be extremely clean, including the bathroom, to the extent that I even took a bath in the bath tub. Sometimes, at some motels, you question whether to take a bath and choose to stay standing for a shower! The Continental Breakfast was fairly typical and I did not expect a chef to prepare an omelet for me based upon the price. The location was very convenient to all of the restaurants along Oneida St.( Baymont gave me a 10% discount card for Texas Roadhouse and I used it). The location is also convenient to the Oneida Casino if you are interested in gaming. Overall a very pleasant stay. I give it a high rating, but I feel that there is 'always room for improvement' no matter what you are reviewing.

Room Tip: I selected a room with 1 Queen bed as I was traveling alone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review for us! I am pleased to hear that everything was satisfactory during your stay, but I do agree with you that there is always room for improvement. And we do hope to see you again on your next trip into Green Bay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very clean, great price, pleasant staff. Breakfast buffet just the usual (waffles, eggs & sausage, cereal, toast, pastries). Refrigerator in most but not all rooms.
This was my first stay here and I was very pleased, except for some glaring issues.
1. Fitness room had brand new equipment, but the treadmill was very oddly placed. It pointed toward a blank wall, instead of toward the TV or the outside window.
2. Brand new TV in fitness center, but there was no remote and no obvious way to change channels or volume. I checked with the night clerk: "No remote, channels cannot be changed, nor the volume." Turns out, she was correct on only 1 of 3 matters.
Next morning I checked with the morning clerk. "Of course, we have a remote." She handed it to me (sign in fitness room would have been nice). BUT, remote only worked volume, on-off, etc., not the channels. Maintenance person was nearby and he went with me to "troubleshoot." No solution, the TV received only one channel (thank goodness it wasn't showing Petticoat Junction!). Tried different "modes/sources," etc., unsuccessfully. He said he would just swap out the TV. Astounding that no one was aware of this problem
3. Nice TV in room, with 60 channels. No onscreen guide, but the written TV guide in room listed the 60 channels. None of the numbers corresponded with the actual channels! You enter Ch. 8 (PBS) and you might get nothing or maybe E! channel. I called the front desk to ask for an updated guide. "Of course! I'll run it right down." Thanks. The new guide helped alot but was still only 90% accurate. Now, how many copies of the updated guide were sitting in the office, why weren't they in the rooms? How hard would that be?
4. My wife complained that 10 of the 60 TV channels were sports, only 1 or 2 family (Lifetime, MeTV, etc). "Who decided on these channels?" she shouted, outraged.

Conclusion: Will definitely stay here again. There must be a manager that makes sure everything is clean and well run, but why the cluelessness about fitness room and TV situation? Very eager to see if problems have been fixed by next time.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator, ask upon check-in. I believe there are microwaves in every room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! I apologize about the fitness room television situation, it is truly puzzling to me. The TV itself must just need to be reset completely, or we will have to swap it out. I also apologize that you did not have an updated channel listing in your room upon check in. I know that we had been switching out all of the old ones, the new one for that particular room must have gotten misplaced. But I'm happy to hear that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us! And we do look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into Green Bay!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here after a late Packer game.
It is very basic accommodation. Recently refurbished so beds are very comfortable and rooms are marginally updated. Breakfast was fair, very limited selection of fruit and yogurt and otherwise standard continental fare. No pool or hot tub, no elevator to 2nd floor rooms. Exercise room was a leftover hotel room with what appeared to be left over equipment.
The biggest plus is location. It is a straight shot to Lambeau Field and just under 2 miles. Could possibly even be walked if it was nice weather. There is a shuttle available on game day that picks fans up at the Denny's next door. We didn't use this service so I don't know where it drops off at the field or how long it runs.
Perfect spot for a one night stay if you're spending most of your time at Lambeau.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We do hope that you had a pleasant stay with us while you were here for the game, and we hope that on your next visit to town you will choose to stay with us again!