“Relaxing and Pleasant Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grafton
Indianapolis
“Relaxing and Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is indeed a lovely Hampton. Many of the new features that I like best are here. The sharing table in the dining area. Cookies and fruit in the afternoon and evening. I found the hotel to be very quiet, I was in room 312. Nice big screen TV in both the room and the breakfast area for my morning CNN.

The front desk employees were pleasant and helpful. In the morning several people said a pleasant hello or good morning, I overheard a staff person say the USA Today(s) were always late however there were a few scattered in the morning area and we shared! The breakfast was above and beyond with everything from omelets, bacon, waffles etc.

There is a restaurant, same side of the street (a few yards). You do have to pick up they don't deliver.

I was about 30 minutes away from my destination in Milwaukee. Also this hotel is easy access to the highway and convenient to visit Historic Cedarburg and a few miles north to one of my favorite places Port Washington.

I admit I was looking forward to the whirlpool, however I was advised the chemicals were out of balance and it wasn't available. My second thought was that it is great they check!

Nice quick getaway trip.

Room Tip: Third floor room (312) toward the back of the hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 18, 2011

A very nice hotel. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, and a good value. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
purplehazemini
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Whoever placed this hotel on a north/south instead of east/west placement should be fired! Only the train track side is 'quiet' at all. Then you contend with paper thin walls.

Breakfast was nice, beds do seem a bit smaller than queens and they were crammed into a small space. Most Hamptons I have been in have a bit more wiggle room!

I will stay here again but stay on tracks side!

• Stayed June 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed with our three children. I have reviewed the information provided by others online and still felt this was a great hotel and staff was awesome! We checked-in with Jennifer and she addressed all of the features of the hotel, area and even gave us a hand on planning a tour around town. The Chamber of Commerce was wonderful as well. She was there all the time and always checked-in with us at breakfast to see how our stay was going. The staff from housekeeping to the front desk on evenings was awesome, what a great staff. We did enjoy a king suite which has so much space and was very accommodating for our troops. We had a room on the highway side of the hotel but really did not notice much noise at all. We were on the second floor maybe that helps, I'm not sure. I just cannot say enough how wonderful the hotel and staff were. Thank you to all!!!

Room Tip: Everything was great, meet Jennifer!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night a few days ago. I did read the reviews online, but the location (near a college visit for my daughter), and the fact that we love Hamptons, and the ability to use Hilton Honors points made me want to stay here. The Hotel is new, big breakfast area with gas fireplace, clean beautiful rooms, but literally next to interstate 43. This is a busy interstate that goes through Milwaukee and northward past this hotel. During the day the whine of the interstate was not as noticable because of the high volume of traffic. In otherwards it was kind of like white noise. However, at night with the large volume of trucks it was awful. I had ear plugs which I used and we turned on the air fan, but it was still annoying. I love Hamptons bedding, but the beds seemed smaller than our Queen at home and the room was a Queen Double.
I should also state that I asked to be on the other side of the building during check-in, but was told they were full to capacity that Thurs. night. There was a train track on the other side of the building, but we did not hear any trains.
The breakfast was nice, the front desk clerk seemed over busy. We called for towels (4 of us and towels for 3) and she said we would need us to come get them as she was the only one on duty. My husband waited 10-15 minutes due to the back up at the desk to get the towels. We were on the 4th, top floor, I did not check out the pool area. It is close to Grafton stores-Kohls, Dick's Sporing goods etc., Historic Cedarburg, Concorida Wisconsin and not far from Port Washington.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the East side of the building
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Famtravel5
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This was our first stay at the Hampton and while we knew it was a relatively new property, one is never quite sure what you'll find. From the time we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised. Plenty of lighted parking, the front desk was very helpful, our room was clean and pleasant with a microwave, mini fridge and awesome tv along with free and easy access to wi-fi. The beds were amazingly comfortable with a variety of pillows (no stiff neck frrom a rock hard pillow!) The breakfast area is large and offers a variety of selections and is kept restocked. The only negative we found was the freeway noise as this property sits right on the highway. Unfortunately the HVAC fan didn't come close to drowning out the whine of the semis. Due to the weather, we decided to return and stay a second night. This time we were a walk in and while they weren't expecting us, we received the same gracious treatment. We asked for a room away from the freeway, but they couldn't accommodate that, but did put us on a lower floor and that made a huge diffrerence. We will definitely return when in town for our college sporting events.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LollyDolly38
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We had our wedding in Grafton and offered a block of rooms to our guests at this hotel. We LOVED the bed and the sheets. It was so trendy, perfectly our style. Our guests loved the warm breakfast in the morning too! Its more than continental, so be prepared to get a full breakfast. We want to go back just to sleep in the beds! Soooooo comfy!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank corrc7131
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Port Washington
#2 of 3 in Port Washington
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton? Share your experiences!