“Great food, but staff was very slow”

Devon Seafood + Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon Seafood + Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sliver Spring & Port Washington Road
Description: Devon Seafood Grill is an upscale seafood restaurant offering simply-prepared fresh fish, premium steaks, an impressive wine cellar and handcrafted cocktails.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went for a early supper and to enjoy the happy hour specials and it was my wife's birthday meal. When you go for happy hour specials, you have to sit in the bar area, which is no problem because they have booths in the bar area. The problem was our waitress was also the bar tender and she was very slow. I also told our waitress that it was my wife's birthday and she didn't even offer to sing happy birthday or give her anything special for her birthday. We do love there food, but the waitress could of been a little more friendly and faster.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our last night in town visiting family and we decided to check out Devon's based on the reviews; I was so glad that we did! Being a culinary graduate and spending years in the food industry; chef and pastry chef, I know a little bit about food. The amazing quality that was coming out of the kitchen is something I will speak of for quite some time. The only small complaint I have is the biscuits they give you before your meal. For a high quality restaurant, biscuits would be best seen at another restaurant. A quality bread would have been more appropriate. Now on to the meal..our appetizer was the lobster bisque and it was amazing! It was creamy, flavorful and had a well balanced blend of flavors, best I have had in a really long time! For my meal I had their seafood mixed grill, everything on the plate was wonderful, crab cake had chunks of crab meat (not every restaurant gets this right) the shrimp, scallops and salmon were cooked perfectly and presented nicely. My mom had the swordfish and said it was the best she has ever had (being a former chef herself, she knows food). My uncle had the filet and he said the flavor was wonderful and cook to perfection. My grandmother's seared whitefish was enjoyable. After having such a wonderful meal and giving several compliments to the chef we knew dessert was a must. We ordered the creme brulee, key lime pie, strawberry shortcake and sorbet. All of it was wonderful but what stood out the most was the basil (that's right I said basil) ice cream! I am a huge fan of basil but never had it as ice cream before, amazing!! Thankfully for us, Devon's has a sister restaurant where we live! The service was impeccable, thank you so much to the management, waitstaff and kitchen staff who made our last night the most memorable one!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went here for a business dinner. The food was amazing and the staff was excellent. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I came here for a special dinner on a Monday night while we were in town for an event for my sons at Northwestern Mutual Life's annual conference.
We would love to come back, even though it's a 90 minute drive from our home.
It was recommended by an NML rep that we met at our first day in Milwaukee.
She said it had the freshest seafood and was so right. Our waitress Shawn was attentive, accommodating, and a real pro. We sat on the patio to dine al fresco, and the appetizers for happy hour to start. We finished our meal with Creme Brûlée. Joined their online club and have discounts to go back. Only recommendation would be more gluten free options, and less spice on the tuna tartare. It was too spicy to eat. Cucumber was very good.The mussels were wonderful.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The food is very great here! It is also in a great location right at the mall. There is only one issue I have come to notice. It takes forever for your food to come to the table, the service is slow. Other than that it's a good resturaunt though