“Great”

Cuisines: American
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family LOVES Dr. Dawg!
We come here all the time. It's fast, easy, and delicious! The hot dogs are great, but so are the burgers and sandwiches too!
Another thing that makes Dr. Dawg unique, is among the beverages you can drink the uncommon Green River. Green River is a quite sour, but refreshing soda that you can't find at many other places.
Dr. Dawg also has two HUGE T.V.'s for watching sports during your meal. Pretty cool!
As regulars of Dr. Dawg, we'll be returning soon.

• Visited August 2013
David R, Owner at Dr. Dawg, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, Nate. We’re thrilled to hear how much your family loves us! We always appreciate hearing from such loyal customers, and your recommendation means the world to us! We can’t wait to serve you again soon! DR. DAWG

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Pretty good dawgs....looking forward to trying other items.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I'm from the west coast so I'm very partial to der Wiener schnitzel hot dog restaurants! That being said this place is pretty good. I had a chili dog with cheese and onions. Fresh buns...good dog...chili could have been hotter temp wise so the cheese melts. My friend had a cheese dog with melted cheddar. Mine was better! Weird texture in the melted cheddar. I'm going back to try the burgers and Italian beef!
The dr was in the house and he was a really friendly guy...so was the staff!

• Visited June 2013
David R, Owner at Dr. Dawg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Karen. We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your chili dawg! Regarding our melted cheese, we use Merkt's cheese, made in Little Chute, Wisc., which is made with 100% Real (and all-natural) Wisconsin Cheddar cheese! Melted cheddar is quite different in texture and flavor from a nacho cheese sauce that some people might be expecting. We’d love for you to visit us again and try our burgers or Italian beef! We hope to serve you soon! DR. DAWG
NYC
“Dr. Dawg Needs to Go Back to School”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food Quality, Prep and Presentation is Fair at Best. Just another wanna be Chicago Style Hot Dog Restaurant. Not Recommended and Will Not Return for a Third Rate Chicago Style Hot Dog.

• Visited May 2013
David R, Owner at Dr. Dawg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed in your visit. We are dedicated to serving the highest quality gourmet sandwiches using only the freshest ingredients! We’d like to hear more about your visit, so we can address anything that’s not up to par. Please email katie@drdawg.net with the date of your visit, so we can follow up with you. DR. DAWG
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The Burgers Are the Best!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're going to eat a hot dog, eat the best and most flavorful: Vienna 100% beef dog - served at Dr. Dawg. And, if you're going to have a dog, have a DAWG. This place is among the best. And if you order a Chicago Hot Dog, not only do you get the real deal, they even build it in the proper order.
But as good as their dawg is, the burger is BETTER! It's real, never frozen, cooked to order, and tastes like I just grilled it in my back yard. Hot, juicy, terrific!
The french fries are a great complement to either sandwich. Fresh cut, freshly fried, and NOT greasy (how do they do that?!?). The cold drinks (soda or tea) are bottomless cups. I finished with a soft serve gelato hot fudge sundae. Very good, with GREAT hot fudge.
This little place in Glendale (they just opened one in Greenfield, which I have not yet tried) is way past what I expected. It's a hot dog joint that's got really good food, nice staff, and a bit of retro-character. Its got my vote, and I'll be back there voting often.

• Visited May 2013
David R, Owner at Dr. Dawg, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. We’re thrilled to hear how much you’ve enjoyed dining with us! We’re glad our burger knocked it out of the park! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We value your business and look forward to your next visit. DR. DAWG
wisconsin
“The food quality has declined”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The menu includes the typical Chicago hot dog stand fare. They also have some vegetarian options as well as a gourmet burger--which is really, really good. There are many beer options to choose from.

When they first opened, I thought everything about the place was awesome. The fries were fresh cut and perfectly tasty. The past several visits the dogs were not hot and the fries were soggy and tasted like they were fried in old oil.

I'll still go back, but I don't love it like I once did.

Visited February 2013
David R, Owner at Dr. Dawg, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to share your thoughts with us. This is wonderful feedback, and we want you to love us as you once did! It would be very helpful if you would please let us know the approximate time you visited the restaurant. Rest assured, if something is broken, we will fix it! We work very hard to make sure each and every guest has a great dining experience. The hand-cut fries take two days to prepare, so we take it very seriously when someone is unhappy. We very much appreciate your dining with us and are very sad you were disappointed in your visit.