“Very new and nice quality hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Portage, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel has a Very friendly staff, clean rooms and a Beautiful lobby with comfortable areas to sit and visit. Very close to downtown and Miller Park. The rooms seemed clean enough to have our baby crawl on the floor. The king size bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Brenda B
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

i have stayed at a la quinta before and they were not this nice. BUT this was very clean and very nice. from the excellent staff to the wonderful free breakfast setup. This trip had being a long trip and 3rd placed that we had stated and at made a wonderful ending to a long trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missme_12
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our son and his fiancé booked a block of rooms at the La Quinta Inn at 5423 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, WI. for their wedding during Memorial Day weekend.

My husband and I never have stayed at La Quinta before and thought it was a low budget (therefore low quality) hotel. I’m pleased to say that we were very mistaken. This property has been recently renovated and is an all-suite hotel. The lobby is spacious and provided plenty of comfortable space for guests in our party to socialize. The swimming pool is enormous and well maintained. The free breakfasts include the standard variety of items that we are familiar with from other hotel chains.

The suites are beautiful. The quality and comfort of the rooms is equivalent to those in more expensive chain hotels. Keep in mind that the layouts of the suites vary depending on your bed request. My husband and I requested a king bed. The sitting area and bedroom area of the suite were separated by a large entryway, which was fine for our purposes. But our daughter and son-in-law preferred two separate rooms with a door separating the two, because they were traveling with their infant daughter. When I talked to the helpful staff at the front desk, they told me to request a room with two double beds instead of a king, and it worked.

The staff was always courteous and friendly and made us feel welcome. They efficiently delivered the guest gift bags for members of the wedding group. An extra bonus was the fact that this hotel is located right next door to Kopp’s Frozen Custard.

The only drawback was the confusing process of reserving rooms. The national 800 number reservation system wasn’t coordinated with the local hotel for handling block of rooms. Although we were told to make our reservations with the local hotel because we were part of a wedding block of rooms, not all of the staff understood what to do. Once I phoned the local hotel and was told that the person who handled block reservations wasn’t available during the weekends or evenings. Later I found out that this wasn’t true. Another time I phoned and booked reservations with a confused and inarticulate staff person. After a half hour on the phone with her, she still got it wrong and I gave up. I then spoke to the hotel manager Angela Cleland, who straightened out all of my issues and answered all of my questions satisfactorily. I appreciated her assistance.

Room Tip: If you want a suite with two separate rooms separated by a door, request two beds instead of a king.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eileen K
Madison, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really like this hotel and stay often. I am also an "elite" member in their rewards program, so I try to use this chain. Recently remodeled, looks great. BUT...the Internet remains inconsistent, which makes it hard to get work done. I was offered a booster, but this really should work right from the get-go. The breakfast is consistent, but I agree with previous reviews that the coffee is terrible. Room keys did not work on check-in, and the TV was not working in the bedroom and required a call down for "resetting". These are easy fixes...Internet and good coffee. I will be back, but if you depend on both...be warned.

Room Tip: Avoid pool rooms on the weekend unless you want this specifically. Can get noisy and it is weird hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KLMMadison
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The recent remodeling looks great. We used to stay at this location twice yearly but the
cleanliness was an issue. The remodeled suites are outstanding. Better coffee is needed in the breakfast area, but we will be back for sure. 100% improvement!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Blaze8762
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Downtown
The Plaza Hotel
The Plaza Hotel
#9 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area? Share your experiences!