“neutral”

WATERLOO
Reviewed December 15, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Ryan M, General Manager at Motel 6 Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed November 24, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving weekend. We checked in Thursday night. We had to wait 10 minutes for the desk clerk to arrive so that we could check in. The hotel overall smelled musty and smoky. Although we were in a non-smoking floor, there were cigarette burns on the toilet seat cover. The bathroom was too small. The faucet in the shower looked like it was about to fall off. It was difficult to adjust the shower head, so that a tall person was hit by the water forcibly in the chest instead of the head when showering. The water spilled onto the floor too easily The towels and blankets were worn. The worst part of all was the free breakfast buffet. The eating area was dirty, sticky and covered with spilled milk, syrup and cereal. The tables had syrup residue on them. The foods offered were all prepackaged. Since we arrived in the last half hour that breakfast was offered, most of the items were not available or in sparse supply, as they had not been refilled . The worst part was brown bananas being offered in the fruit selection. This is the first review I have ever posted. I felt compelled to do so because of the poor experience we had at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012

I am very sorry for your horrible experience at our hotel. I have looked into every person who would be responsible for the events listed. We are taking corrective actions to make sure this never happens again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Let me first say I have stayed here several times in the past two years, and it was marginal at that time but provided a hot shower, clean bed and reasonable price. I also like the easy on/off from the freeway, as well as easy access to numerous food places near by. BUT This property has gone downhill.
First - I had a suitcase and large rolling brief case, its 8pm and the maintenance person outside the door emptying the cigarette butt stand did not see fit to open the lobby doors for me.
The counter gal was very pleasant and when I told her I had just driven 350 miles and wanted a hot shower and a bed she moved me to the handicap accessible room with a bigger shower as she put it. Very kind of her.
The room was very neglected. The wall paper on the common wall to the bathroom was peeling in large chunks, and there was additional peeling paper in various corners of the room and under the sink.
The face plate that should be flush with the wall on the shower head was so rusted that it looked like bugs were crawling on it. And the plate was not attached to the wall as it should be.
The hair dryer did not work. The nozzle was badly rusted as was the interior of the holder for the nozzle.
There was a large dust fuzzy hanging from the plug where the wall lamp was.
Having cable TV was very nice, but the reception was fuzzy on almost all the channels.
The blue carpet was a hold over from 1970. I wore socks to bed because the carpet was so gross that I was afraid to walk on it if I got up during the night. The bed spread was stained. And the clock was still set to daylight savings time and we have been on "fall back'" time for two weeks now.
The heater unit under the window was an old fashion push button fan/heat/cool mechanism with a dial to control the temperature. The dial was missing and therefore the room temperature could not be regulated. This ment the fan ran all night making sleep sporatic.
The breakfast was standard fare but the bananas were over ripe, more suitable for banana bread than on cereal. There was no protein on the breakfast line up.
I did not get a refund and I understand this, as I was using a coupon that provided me a discount from an outside source. Jake, at checkout did refund to me the taxes and fees . He stated that upon my next stay he will comp me with a similar rate to what I paid for this stay. This is most appreciated and very generous BUT I will not stay at this property again unless it is gutted and revamped.
I am a seasoned business traveler and am very accepting that the lower cost properties are not providing the same level of amenities as a $100 per night room. I choose the lower priced rooms because all I want is a bed and a shower before I go back on the road the next morning. I have also traveled in third world countries and stayed in low cost pleasant, clean properties overseas. This Baymont stay was one of the worst experiences I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Parking lot is lighted well. The lobby has been renovated and is nice. The checkin/out staff were ve...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ryan M, General Manager at Motel 6 Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your response. Maintenance was a big problem. We have a new maintenance engineer, that is currently in the process of fixing all the said problems. We strive to give our guests great service at a fair price.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

we've stayed at this hotel before and everything was just fine, but this time we were very unhappy. We checked in about 9:00 pm. Our room was not very clean - the person who vaccumed seemed to just vaccume the center of the room, there was lint or whatever all along the walls of the room. The electrical plate for the cable was pulled from the wall, there were cigarette burn holes in the bed spread, and burn marks on the night stand. There was no phone in the room to contact the front desk. I went to the front desk and the girl explained that the rooms were all booked so she could not move us to another room. We weren't too happy, but the bed and bathroom seemed to be clean and it was late so we spent the night. I doubt that we will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Very sorry about your stay. Recently I hired a new Head Housekeeper. This will not happen again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

nice and close to business and customers / nice value for show dates stayed last year and will come back next year Thank You! Nice new decorating in the lobby with plants. Outside looks good too. Great stafff at desk always helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for noticing our new decorations. It means a lot to the staff and I, when returning guests notice the small things.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Residence Inn Milwaukee North/Glendale

Been to Motel 6 Glendale? Share your experiences!