“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I booked my room online on a different site, and went with the queen room with the whirlpool. I arrive for the night and the main desk worker was terribly rude. I got up to my room and.. there was no whirlpool. I called the main desk and asked about this and she said I didn't pay for a room with a whirlpool and there were no rooms like that available for the night... Even though I printed out my confirmation and it clearly said whirlpool on the receipt.. Anyways, the atmosphere and other guests were a little undesirable.. Super loud noises from outside and within the hotel while I was trying to sleep. I won't be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.. but if you must, call and confirm prior to your stay to make sure you are gett...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ffjamesx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed here on a week night hoping primarily for a good nights sleep. Although we were a little concerned based on other reviews, this place isn't so bad. The room was comfortable with a couple minor things (coffee ring on the table, burn hole in the bedspread). But we were comfortable. The only thing that rang true for us from prior reviews was the playing of loud music that continued well after 10:00 at night. We called to complain but to no avail. You can't tell me the hotel clerk couldn't walk the hall to find the offending room and take some action. Disappointed that Management hasn't remedied this problem. We had ear plugs and fell asleep anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 16, 2011

All we needed was a clean room for a reasonable price. I did not want to pay for all the bells and whistles, only a place to crash. Appearance of hotel does look older. However the room walls were about as solid as could be (brick I believe in the room we had) and I am a light sleeper, so unless there was no one around us, the quietness was very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lumberville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Plainly stated: this is a horrible hotel. It's old and run down, the rooms are dated (mine looked like a bad--yes bad--dorm room, complete with plastic coverings on the mattress). A college I was working for put me up here for free, so I didn't choose it, but as soon as I pulled in I was wary. All sorts of undesirable people hanging around in the tiny lobby and the parking lot. Just unsafe feeling. I walked into the room, turned around and left. So bad I wouldn't stay there for free (the college was picking up the tab). I went five minutes up the street to the Raddison (which was a whopping ten dollars more) and stayed there. Seriously, do not stay here unless there is no other choice for you.

Room Tip: Stay ANYWHERE other than a room in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CLLIII

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed there while attending an event at a park nearby so only needed basic accomidations since we would only be there long enough for a nights sleep. We arrived at 2:15 with checkin being at 3PM. Rooms were not ready so we left for a time and got back at 3 to a line of 8-10 people. Obviously they were not letting anyone check in early. Talk about BASIC accomidations - this is it. Another reviewer remarked about this being in poor shape and it truly is. Next year we will stay at one of the other choices in the area when we attend this event.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2011

For $39/night courtesy of Hotwire, I didn't have too much expectation. Had I paid rack rate, I wouldn't be too happy.

Anyway, check-in was easy. Although there was an issue with the room keys that was quickly taken care. This is a budget, no-frills property. Our room was fairly basic. Air conditioner worked moderately well. Decent selection of channels on the TV. Mattress was a bit mushy for my tastes. Thin bathroom linens.

Breakfast was quick and painless. Fairly small room. The usual waffle maker, dry cereals, etc. Coffee was hot, but weak.

No problems at checkout. It is what it is.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave148
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I've never stayed in a Baymont that was in this poor of shape before. Seems the majority of their business is providing housing for the underprivileged. Lots of people milling around the entrances all the time. Very much in disrepair. Looks like the place has been through 2 or 3 ownership/brand changes without any upgrades or even redecorating. Housekeeping staff doesn't seem to care about doing their jobs. I'd sleep in my car before sleeping here. I'm writing the Baymont corporate offices about this place. Either the management or the franchise holder isn't getting with the Baymont program. I managed to reserve the room for $60 per night and after staying there I feel I was grossly overcharged.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Suites at Northshore
Suites at Northshore
#3 of 6 in Glendale

Been to Motel 6 Glendale? Share your experiences!