La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
$127
HIExpress.com
$64
$85
All reviewsbayshore mallbusiness purposesplace to staydecent hotelnice staydesk staffrooms are cleancoffee makerbed was very comfortablerodneymilwaukeelaqfreewayaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Nothing exciting here, but one doesn't want excitement when staying at an airport La Qunita.

The room was fine for maybe a better than average budget choice. Standard amenities, very clean, no adjoining room noise - what more do you want?

We left too early in the morning to make use of the complimentary van to the nearby airport, but they did drop us off at the nearby Park 'n Ride lot to Summerfest. Since we weren't there too late, they also picked us up on our return - since it was free, it would be ungracious of me to mention we had to wait for a bit though.

A good budget choice.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We came to Milwaukee on a concert trip and stayed at the La Quinta due to it's proximity to a good friend from college. It was an average hotel.
Check-in was fast and efficient. Our room smelled like it may have had smokers in it before, but after lighting my travel candle was fine.
Wireless Internet access worked much better than many hotels I have stayed in.
Room was clean but they're a bit skimpy on the number of towels provided. (only 2 bath, 2 hand, 2 washcloth). Sink drain at vanity (located in main room area) gurgled at odd times...problems with venting? There was no external vent in the bathroom, just a "ductless fan" that passes air through a filter. I much prefer to have a true exhaust to take out not only any smells but the steam from a nice hot shower.
Surprisingly, no ice machine on the 1st floor.
They provided a handy door hanger to list any problems and the issues I listed were promptly addressed. (coffee maker problems, some cleaning they missed in the bathroom)
Breakfast was well stocked and the attendant kept things full and clean. Eating area was crowded on Sunday morning, but was not bad the other 2 days of our stay.
Beds were comfortable and 3 nice pillows were provided for each. Desk was nice sized and had a comfortable basic office chair provided. Decor was nice. View was of parking lot...but I didn't expect much.
Location is just a few blocks from a very nice shopping center (Bayview) that has everything you could want including an upscale movie theatre/restaurant/bowling alley that was a lot of fun. Nothing really within walking distance, but everything you needs is nearby and access to I-43 makes travel to other parts of Milwaukee area easy.
Overall hotel appears to be a bit older, but remodeled. Not much for scenery, but convenient to the highway. I'd stay here again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This is a basic high end budget hotel and you pretty much get what you pay for. It was adequate for a one night stay in Milwaukeee to attend Irishfest downtown. Rooms are basic, average size, and clean. They've recently remodeled a little bit, and the carpet and furnishings seem in pretty good shape. The A/C unit is kind of noisy, but you can open the windows if it's cool outside. Luxuriouis it isn't, but it's not expensive either. There is another La Quinta half a mile down the road that is all suites with an indoor pool, but it's also twice the price.

We choose this place mostly because of location. It's in a quiet area on the north end of town, near the lake and some good shops and places to eat. Yet, it''s an easy 5 mile drive downtown if you want to go to any of the festivals at Maier park.

Unlike the previous poster, I had a good experience with the staff. The hair dryer in our room didn't work. My wife asked for a replacement at the front desk early Sunday morning, and they brought one up with 15 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend because we were in town for a wedding where he was the best man. I came down with some type of flu bug and went into the hotel to check if I could "check in" early since I DID request this when I booked my hotel. Without skipping a beat or without even looking at a computer or blinking her eyes, the lady behind the desk told me a flat out "NO"!! The rules are that check in is not until 3 o'clock. I begged and pleaded and asked if there was anywhere I could change for the wedding and again she told me "NO". Needless to say I had to go to Bayshore Mall and change for the wedding while I was feeling ill in the Kohls Dept Store Bathroom. We convinvced the groom to reserve a room there so we could have breakfast together in the morning and they charged him for his room but gave it out to someone else because he was checking in too late. Even though he told them that he would be late because he couldn't get there 'til the wedding was done. The point here: Can't check in early and definately not late!! Our friend and his bride were homeless on their wedding night! Thanks a lot La Quinta, We'll never stay here again........way to unaccomadating!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Stayed here 3 days and 2 nights for business in August. The hotel is nothing great but not bad by any means. The room and bathroom are small, but you do get complimentary wireless internet access and a minifridge in the room. Continental breakfast wasn't bad, waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins... but nothing extraordinary.

The hotel is walking distance (1 mile) to the Bayshore Mall which has lots of nice shops and plenty of restaurants to choose from. I had dinner one night at Bar Louie (which is upstairs and somewhat tucked away) and it was a nice scene and reasonably priced. If you are staying in the area and are looking for just a place to sleep this will work. If you want something nicer and don't mind spending the extra $45 dollars a night, stay at the La Quinta down the street.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business