“Fine Budget Choice”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Plano, TX
“Fine Budget Choice”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Nothing exciting here, but one doesn't want excitement when staying at an airport La Qunita.

The room was fine for maybe a better than average budget choice. Standard amenities, very clean, no adjoining room noise - what more do you want?

We left too early in the morning to make use of the complimentary van to the nearby airport, but they did drop us off at the nearby Park 'n Ride lot to Summerfest. Since we weren't there too late, they also picked us up on our return - since it was free, it would be ungracious of me to mention we had to wait for a bit though.

A good budget choice.

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Laurium, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We came to Milwaukee on a concert trip and stayed at the La Quinta due to it's proximity to a good friend from college. It was an average hotel.
Check-in was fast and efficient. Our room smelled like it may have had smokers in it before, but after lighting my travel candle was fine.
Wireless Internet access worked much better than many hotels I have stayed in.
Room was clean but they're a bit skimpy on the number of towels provided. (only 2 bath, 2 hand, 2 washcloth). Sink drain at vanity (located in main room area) gurgled at odd times...problems with venting? There was no external vent in the bathroom, just a "ductless fan" that passes air through a filter. I much prefer to have a true exhaust to take out not only any smells but the steam from a nice hot shower.
Surprisingly, no ice machine on the 1st floor.
They provided a handy door hanger to list any problems and the issues I listed were promptly addressed. (coffee maker problems, some cleaning they missed in the bathroom)
Breakfast was well stocked and the attendant kept things full and clean. Eating area was crowded on Sunday morning, but was not bad the other 2 days of our stay.
Beds were comfortable and 3 nice pillows were provided for each. Desk was nice sized and had a comfortable basic office chair provided. Decor was nice. View was of parking lot...but I didn't expect much.
Location is just a few blocks from a very nice shopping center (Bayview) that has everything you could want including an upscale movie theatre/restaurant/bowling alley that was a lot of fun. Nothing really within walking distance, but everything you needs is nearby and access to I-43 makes travel to other parts of Milwaukee area easy.
Overall hotel appears to be a bit older, but remodeled. Not much for scenery, but convenient to the highway. I'd stay here again on future visits to the area.

• Liked — Close to shopping center and highway.
  • Disliked — Gurgling drain at the vanity that woke me up a few times.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This is a basic high end budget hotel and you pretty much get what you pay for. It was adequate for a one night stay in Milwaukeee to attend Irishfest downtown. Rooms are basic, average size, and clean. They've recently remodeled a little bit, and the carpet and furnishings seem in pretty good shape. The A/C unit is kind of noisy, but you can open the windows if it's cool outside. Luxuriouis it isn't, but it's not expensive either. There is another La Quinta half a mile down the road that is all suites with an indoor pool, but it's also twice the price.

We choose this place mostly because of location. It's in a quiet area on the north end of town, near the lake and some good shops and places to eat. Yet, it''s an easy 5 mile drive downtown if you want to go to any of the festivals at Maier park.

Unlike the previous poster, I had a good experience with the staff. The hair dryer in our room didn't work. My wife asked for a replacement at the front desk early Sunday morning, and they brought one up with 15 minutes.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Up North WI
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend because we were in town for a wedding where he was the best man. I came down with some type of flu bug and went into the hotel to check if I could "check in" early since I DID request this when I booked my hotel. Without skipping a beat or without even looking at a computer or blinking her eyes, the lady behind the desk told me a flat out "NO"!! The rules are that check in is not until 3 o'clock. I begged and pleaded and asked if there was anywhere I could change for the wedding and again she told me "NO". Needless to say I had to go to Bayshore Mall and change for the wedding while I was feeling ill in the Kohls Dept Store Bathroom. We convinvced the groom to reserve a room there so we could have breakfast together in the morning and they charged him for his room but gave it out to someone else because he was checking in too late. Even though he told them that he would be late because he couldn't get there 'til the wedding was done. The point here: Can't check in early and definately not late!! Our friend and his bride were homeless on their wedding night! Thanks a lot La Quinta, We'll never stay here again........way to unaccomadating!

• Liked — The most comfortable King Size Bed I ever slept in.....with lots of fluffy pillows! Also.. lots of choices for movies to rent
  • Disliked — The staff was terrible!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Stayed here 3 days and 2 nights for business in August. The hotel is nothing great but not bad by any means. The room and bathroom are small, but you do get complimentary wireless internet access and a minifridge in the room. Continental breakfast wasn't bad, waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins... but nothing extraordinary.

The hotel is walking distance (1 mile) to the Bayshore Mall which has lots of nice shops and plenty of restaurants to choose from. I had dinner one night at Bar Louie (which is upstairs and somewhat tucked away) and it was a nice scene and reasonably priced. If you are staying in the area and are looking for just a place to sleep this will work. If you want something nicer and don't mind spending the extra $45 dollars a night, stay at the La Quinta down the street.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank RedCritic
chicago, IL
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our family was in town for the day and we expected to drive back home to IL. Time slipped away and we decided to stay in a hotel. All other hotels we checked in the area were booked full, but this one had a room available for $85/night. We decided to take it.

The hotel and room served our purpose of just sleeping there for the night and grabbing a quick breakfast before heading off bright and early. For this the hotel was adequate. Nothing special or great, but nothing horrible either. As another reviewer said, this would be an adequate stop for passing through but I would not want to spend several days/nights at this location.

The rooms were fairly good size and ours had 2 DB, a working desk, Dresser, nightstand, upright chair, dressing area and bath. The room was fairly clean, although the bathroom did have some clear mildew and there was a spider in it when we first walked in. The room and hotel in general were dark, drury in color - some changes in color pattern or fresh paint would make a huge difference. The only real annoying thing for us in the rooms was the very small pillows.

Breakfast in the morning was the standard free hotel breakfast (cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, waffles, some fruit, juice and coffee). What I had tasted fine. I was disappointed to find that there were no papers for looking at in the morning.

Overall, our encounters with the staff were good. They were friendly at check in and check out.

If I am staying a single night in this area again - I would not make this my first choice, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

You pay for and get a straight forward night, no frills, no benefits, no surprise, etc.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ntlwhlr
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Though the La Qunita In Glendale N-Hampton Avenue was a respectable hotel, it appears that it needs some refreshing in order to keep up with the upscale neighborhood it abuts.
To begin with the lobby is dark and musty. It is also decorated without any style, but is similar to the family hotels of the 60's and 70's.
Our room was clean but also dark and musty. The bathroom was clean but had a bit of mildew and it was very dark.
The room amenities were basic, the hallways narrow, and everything could have used some light, brightness and new decor.
The hotel was built so that the front faced away from the main street and faced an empty field. It was dark and dry to look at and not at all a pleasant view.
Breakfast in the morning was acceptable, though blase.
The cost per night was over-priced for the style of this hotel.
When we asked at the front desk about local amenities, movies, malls, restaurants, we were directed to a very well done outdoor mall, similar to Easton in Columbus. On the way we saw a brand-new looking La Quinta and wondered what the rates were like at that hotel and why there were two La Qunitas so close together. This hotel faced the main street, was bright looking and had we known it was so close we wondered why we had been directed to the older La Qunita.
This hotel is best suited for traveling youth sports teams or for families that were just sleeping here, not planning to stay and enjoy the area. Its a stop-over hotel rather than a hotel to be used as part of a trip.

• Liked — It was generally clean.
  • Disliked — The overall darkness and mustiness of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Juliebbrook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
#42 of 56 in Milwaukee
Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave? Share your experiences!