“Paper thin walls”

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed July 17, 2011

While this hotel is in a good location, it truly does leave something to be desired. The morning complementary breakfast is average at best. The check-in/out staff is average as well. Unfortunately, one thing not average is the noise level in the room. I heard showers from the rooms on either side of mine, tons of talking and noise from one of those rooms, as well as all the walking around the people on the floor above me did! The ceiling did squeak quite a bit as another traveler wrote. I can pretty much sleep through most anything, but this hotel is a different story. And for some reason, my room wasn't cleaned between my first and second nights! I really would have hung up my wet towels if I had known I was going to have to use them again! I can't say I have ever experienced my room not being made. Definitely another strike. There is a much newer (I was told) La Quinta about 1-2 miles down the road That is what I will check out next time I am in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed February 2, 2011

Can't thank this hotel's staff enough for their smiles and clean room that awaited me after driving through our area's recent blizzard. Tony, Katie and especially Rodney were welcoming and so very helpful. The bed was comfortable, water instantly hot, breakfast was tasty and the room was clean. This hotel is a great value! Will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol1025
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I've stayed at this location before and based on my past experience, stayed again.

They have continued to improve the appearance of the rooms and I give them a big thumbs up for that!

However, a few items greatly affected my stay in a negative way.
1. The ceiling above our room SQUEAKED a lot as people walked around in the room above. Not just a small squeak, but loud and annoying noises. This is a must address for the facility.
2. Noise levels from other rooms and the hall. The walls are thin...there is a large gap below the room's door that lets you hear every word spoken in the hallway. Then, on New Year's Eve, the noise was ridiculous. Various rooms had flipped their door's security latch over so the doors would not close, but would bang against the latch. People went from room to room to room and the doors banged and banged and banged. We could not get to sleep till well after 5am. Additional staff or a security service would be a good addition on holiday's to help control the noise.
3. Staff discussions at the front desk. The front desk is not the place to discuss staff matters or question your staff about the previous day's problems and time sheets. That's what offices and conference rooms are for. It's unprofessional. Nuff said.

It's a nice hotel, don't get me wrong. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and comfortable. The WiFi remains excellent for a mid-range hotel. But, I'll probably look for a different option on my next trip to the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Keweenaw906
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed here on a recent Milwaukee trip and was very happy with it! The front desk was friendly, the King-size bed room was wonderful, and it was clean. The room was large, there was a beautifully-made king bed, with some of the softest Egyptian cotton sheets ever, and a large/comfy chair, desk, etc. The room was quiet, and it was well worth the money. I had never stayed with La Quinta, but I am sold on them now. This hotel was so much better than the more expensive hotel that I stayed at the next night (which was terrible). I wish I had stayed both nights at La Quinta. Thank you for a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Good News: Good value for the price. Lots of room for dogs to play on grass lot across from the parking lot. Next to industrial so very quiet the weekend we were there. Excellent location - right down the street from huge mall, close to entrance ramps to freeways, one block from road to Lake Shore Drive. etc. Decent continental breakfast. Very helpful staff. Really comfortable bed.
Bad News: Just that the bathrooms were tiny as were the towels. But, that's about the only thing that was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frantom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

****Warning Sept. 2010****** I strongly urge everyone not to stay here!!!! I am sitting here in the hotel and am very upset. We are here with a girls high school tennis team. I am a parent of one of the kids. A couple of the girls in Room 124 said they had been bitten by something last night. One of the girls had caught one of the bugs and squished it - it popped. I looked on the pillow and there was a red-brown spot . I went in search of bedbugs. We tore the bed apart. There in the folds of the fitted sheet we saw something that looked like an apple seed. It was moving. We were able to capture it. It definitely is a bedbug. CDC and EPA recently issued a joint statement about the significant public health threat posed by bedbugs. Name of document is "Joint Statement on Bed Bug Control in the United States from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)".

We will now have to wash all clothes immediately upon return and vaccuum out all luggage, backpacks, etc.

When we went on-line and found a review from August about bedbugs, we were furious. We will be trying to speak with the manager next.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cawspaws1
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We had an upgraded king room for our two-day stay. It was clean, spacious, and comfortable as we expect from a LaQuinta. Our only complaint was that the free breakfast was not up to LaQuinta's usual standard. Waffles stuck to the aging waffle iron, and there was no spray. The attendant did a poor job of keeping food out, as a result of which some breakfast items that should have been out on the counter were unavailable at any given time. This was true both mornings we were there. There were no sweet rolls or muffins--ever. To get hot water for my oatmeal I had to go into the supplies closet.The hotel is located next to an industrial building of some kind, not in a shopping or restaurant area--which did not matter to us but might to some other travelers.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Sleep Inn & Suites
#23 of 55 in Milwaukee
Downtown
The Plaza Hotel
The Plaza Hotel
#11 of 55 in Milwaukee

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave? Share your experiences!